ForumsWEPRBoston Marathon Explosion

88 31248
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

A few hours ago, two explosions occured near the finish line. At least 2 are confirmed dead with dozens injured. The president has been notified. A nearby hotel has been evacuated. Businesses are closing. Stocks are falling due to fears. No one has claimed responsibility for this incident. More details to come.

• 88 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

a bomb attack on this scale

This is also rightly national news because many people involved were from other states and some were from other countries. And the FBI took over the case.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

One has to be a major coward to attack innocent people like this.

or this
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

This is also rightly national news because many people involved were from other states and some were from other countries. And the FBI took over the case.

Regardless, the point that Newton or Aurora were not going to be hugely publicised a decade ago as they were but ''local'' news is dubious and contentious.

or this

Sadly yes, Iraq and Syria are rocked by Boston-Marathon-esque bombings daily, yet the world and the public pays little attention to it.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

idk Overall, national news used to seem more "national" and local news used to seem more "local". Now it's just a sea of events from wherever.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

This is a horrible and senseless tragedy, truly sickening. I hope the police get to the bottom of this, lock up the culprits and work out how to prevent further attacks like these.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

These imagies look too familiar for me...

If you guys can send some good link, as in Israel the attack does apear on the news, but there is not much information, and im losing myself on the CNN and FOX sites...

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

It's a shame that **** like this happens.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

ikr. what if people werent like this

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

what if people werent like this

Then we wouldn't have much to talk about.

If you guys can send some good link

Wiki's ok.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

may be reaction to the things you do to other people?

Strop
Strop
10,817 posts
Bard

Sadly yes, Iraq and Syria are rocked by Boston-Marathon-esque bombings daily, yet the world and the public pays little attention to it.

Interestingly enough my facebook feed is featuring these kinds of posts a lot more than I've ever noticed in the face of previous similar incidents. I won't disagree with increased global awareness and a certain media inequity, but I do wonder how this came to be.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

High time that was the case then.

MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

@ EmperorPalpatine if u r taking about wikipedia any one can change it on there

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

@ EmperorPalpatine if u r taking about wikipedia any one can change it on there

Look at the links provided in the Wiki page.......
MrStealth
MrStealth
151 posts
Peasant

ok. im wacthing the news they r talking about the 8 year old boy that died

Showing 16-30 of 88