ForumsWEPRWorld wide peace?

32 14895
ttt78
ttt78
14 posts
Farmer

I don't think us humans could ever manage to stop fighting, robbing, kidnapping, and doing horrible things. I mean Osama Bin Ladin, led
"Al-Queda" and had people fly planes into the World Trade Center, and the Pentagon, Adam Lanza (Forgive me if his last name is spelled wrong.) Carried out the Newtown school shooting. And countless criminals have done horrible things.

• 32 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

so...... what is the point of this topic?

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I think he wants you to discuss the potential and possibility of world wide peace.

I do not think it's possible unless true universal communism is somehow achieved, and that will never happen.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

possible? NEVER!
potential? ... hmmm... it would be 1 boring planet i guess. =P
ow and that global power grid from the other topic would be much easyer to achieve. ^^

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

It could technically be possible under a very restricting government where everything is monitored and all crimes are considered equally extreme and dissenters are always cought and 'corrected'.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

You mean "Global Communism" EmperorPalpatine?

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

Depends on your definition of Communism, but sure, something totalitarian.

danielo
danielo
1,774 posts
Peasant

Did you just compared Adam lanza to Osama bin-laden?

Osama didnt did it because of mental illnes. You realy need to make some order kiddo.

A war and a crazy man with a gun on the clock tower are two diffrunte things.
War cant be ended. Mental ill peoples who dont get medical care can.

Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

Mental ill peoples who dont get medical care can.

The thing is, sometimes you can't tell until it's too late. You can't blame medical care for the Newtown school shooting. You could just as easily blame his mother for having that gun on hand, or the school for not having armed guards blocking every entrance, but it would be equally ridiculous to blame any of those people for the actions of one individual.

If you want to blame someone, why not blame the kids who abused him at Sandy Hook Elementary?

And who is to say Osama bin Laden wasn't mentally ill? Do you honestly think he visited a psychiatrist every Tuesday and told him about how much he hated America and wanted all Americans to die? Just because he wasn't certified criminally insane doesn't mean that he wasn't criminally insane.
Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

a crazy man with a gun on the clock tower

You would be referring to Charles Whitman (The Sniper in the clocktower). He did that because of a brain tumor that pressed up against the parts of his brain that control anger, fear, and aggressive behavior. Small but real distinction - it was a medical illness not a mental illness.
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

who say's osama was insane?
how insane are you if the most advanced military can't find you for 10 year?
osama sure was not insane. and neither are his ideals.
they might be insane in your eye's but that doesn't make it insane for many many other people.

Getoffmydangle
Getoffmydangle
152 posts
Blacksmith

Did you just compared Adam lanza to Osama bin-laden?

Both killed innocent people. And the thread is about a large umbrella of world peace... essentially 'not killing innocent people.' The OP was not saying they are the same, just they are both examples of "fighting, robbing, kidnapping, and doing horrible things."
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

World wide peace is more of an utopy, a goal we should aim for, but not under all circumstances; as previously mentioned, it is technically achievable, but under severe restrictions that would have no chance to pass were they proposed in todays modern societies.

crazyape
crazyape
1,606 posts
Peasant

World peace is a lie. The human race is incapable of harmony, because we are human. Our minds are a boiling pot of passions, desires, needs, and fantasies.

But, as was mentioned earlier, we'd live controlled, probably drugged, and constantly monitered. Peace is the deception of contentment.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,250 posts
Regent

World peace is a lie. The human race is incapable of harmony, because we are human.

Now that's a bit harsh. I think it's wrong to use "because we are human" as an excuse for such things; that's a dangerous fatalism that won't help advance anything.
At least try to thrive towards harmonic living with your immediate fellow humans; something not that far off, quite frankly. Don't expect world peace, but don't think this means we're only good at beating each other up.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

but under severe restrictions that would have no chance to pass were they proposed in todays modern societies.

Some flock to the promise of peace at any cost. All it takes is a charismatic leader with flowery words. And there are plenty of unthinkably stupid things modern legislatures pass.
Showing 1-15 of 32