ForumsForum GamesPersona: Infinity

152 30337
sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Introduction
While I seriously think that like all my other games, this will will eventually die, I actually really liked this idea.

Story
Everyone will have their own story, however if you wish you could join in with another players game. More about this later.

Gameplay
This is basically everything about persona 3 and 4 in this thing. Persona 2 and 1 I really have no way of finding out about. Anyways, If you don't know, this game works like this-
At school, stats can raise or lower and you can also goto sports or culture clubs to raise social links and stats and other fun things. Outside of school however..
FIGHTING SHADOWS YEAH
The game basically functions as an RPG however with a different skill apsect. You use your persona (or personas) for skills. If you go for a persona 3 or persona 4 style game is different. Persona 4 i'm more experienced with... However, a big aspect is gaining different personas after fighting and fusing and registering and all of that in the velvet room. Oh, did I mention bosses and dungeon? If your game is persona 4 style, friends and other people will be trapped in dungeons. If you don't rescue them fast enough. They die. Game over. In persona 3, When a greater shadow appears you must arrive there to defeat it fast or just like the last one, GAME OVER.
Another thing. Social links.
By spending time and special events with other characters can increase your social link with them. You can strengthen personas, aquire more personas, and allow party members to help you in certain ways (example: they will take a fatal blow for you)
Anyways, the shadows (enemies) have weaknesses and strengths. Upon hitting a weakness you will gain another turn and the shadow will be down. If all shadows are down you can do a MASSIVE STRIKE.
One last thing. Only the main character (in other words, you!) can have more than 1 persona. However, while your starting persona sucks your party members personas get really strong.
Personas all have their own stats and abilities. MOOOVING ON

Overworld
Yes, this deserves a category.
In the overworld, you can shop, enter dungeons, go to events, and
do whatever else floats your boat.
Some events may only be open certain days, certain times, or even certain weather. Yeah.

Character

Name: (insert name here)
Backstory: (how you ended up where you are. if you don't want to make one, i can provide one)
Game Style: (Persona 3 or 4)
Starting Persona: (do not fill this in as it will be done later.)
Money: (again, do not fill in)
Persona list: (do not fill in untill you have any personas.)
Party Members: (only put yourself untill you have more)
Social Links: (do not fill this in again untill you have them)
Weapon: (go ahead. choose what type of weapon you prefer.)
Appearance: (does not have to be filled in)

So. Yeah. There it is.

• 152 Replies
sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Name: Talow Rosine
Backstory:
Game Style: 4
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Party Members:
Social Links:
Weapon: Guns and other various ranged weapons. (I imagine starting weapon is a slingshot.)
Time Events:
Personality Stats:
Courage: 2
Understanding: 1
Knowledge: 1
Expression: 1
Diligence: 1
Appearance: A student with Black spiky hair and blue eyes. thin, and tends to be seen wearing T-shirts.

"..." He says nothing and backs into his room.
Your courage has increased.

TUTORIAL: PERSONALITY STATS
You can gain these by doing many different things, as such they are REQUIRED for many different things. These have been added to your character sheet.

You decide to go to sleep, as it's getting very late.
You awake in the front of the school again, covered in a deep fog you can barely see in. You stare at the body. Suddenly, something comes out of it. A dark aura. The body begins to move, and float towards you.
What do you do?

Name: Lucien Thomas
Backstory: Born in France, Lucien moved to the States. He lived in Chicago for a while, then became a drifter. He noticed he was being followed, so he decided to lay low for a while.
Game Style: Persona 4
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Party Members: Lucien
Social Links:
Weapon: Cutlass (Or a Rapier)
Appearance: Jet Black hair cut short, Blue Eyes, Thin, White (Caucasian), Tall, Many Small Scars, No Facial Hair. Faded Jeans, Torn up Jade Green Shirt, with many small holes. Black Boots
As you wait for the pizza, you head outside to eat (a table in the front of the building) you hear a voice behind you.
There's a blond haired student looking at you in a funny sort of way.
"We're you at the school office this morning?"
You didn't see this person while you were there, but you decide to respond.

CHOICES:
"Yeah, I was."
"Can't say that I saw you there."
"I don't know what you are talking about."

Name: Hiraku Kurosawa
Backstory: He was moved by government officials to the town he now lives in after his parents died from heavy nuclear pollution in his hometown. As everyone he used to know was split up and sent to different towns, he feels out of place in his new home. He hopes to find meaning in his life some day.
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Party Members: Hiraku
Social Links:
Weapon: Blunt
Appearance: Light brown hair, Caucasian, green eyes. Wears the uniform for the school he attends, but usually leaves it somewhat undone for the sake of comfort.

You find some shops and one bowling alley, nothing else too interesting. You decide to head home. What do you do?

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Backstory: He was moved by government officials to the town he now lives in after his parents died from heavy nuclear pollution in his hometown. As everyone he used to know was split up and sent to different towns, he feels out of place in his new home. He hopes to find meaning in his life some day.
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Social Links:
Appearance: Light brown hair, Caucasian, green eyes. Wears the uniform for the school he attends, but usually leaves it somewhat undone for the sake of comfort.

I turn on the TV to watch the local news.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Social Links:

Nothing is too intresting.. Wait, you see an interview about the finding of that body. The girl being interviewed you can't actully see, but she said she was freaked out the entire day and distracted by it.
Odd. What now?

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Social Links:

I head outside to check out the stores.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Backstory:
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Party Members:
Social Links:
Weapon: Ranged Weapons (i'll just shorten this.)
Time Events:
Personality Stats:
Appearance: A student with Black spiky hair and blue eyes. thin, and tends to be seen wearing T-shirts.

Step back and see what the hell it's about to do.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Backstory:
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Party Members:
Social Links:
Weapon: Ranged Weapons
Time Events:
Personality Stats:

The fog thickens and it looks like its ready to attack you,
before you know it, you hold a firearm in your hand-
(Insert epic battle song here)

I assume you can figure out the basics with attack and defend

PARTY:
Talow - 100%

COMMANDS:
Attack
Defend

TARGETS:
??? - 100%

Backstory: Born in France, Lucien moved to the States. He lived in Chicago for a while, then became a drifter. He noticed he was being followed, so he decided to lay low for a while.
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Social Links:
Personality Stats:
Courage: 1
Expression: 2
Appearance: Jet Black hair cut short, Blue Eyes, Thin, White (Caucasian), Tall, Many Small Scars, No Facial Hair. Faded Jeans, Torn up Jade Green Shirt, with many small holes. Black Boots

"Oh, well you didn't really look away." You feel slightly annoyed by him since his voice is very squeaky. "Well, If you are there, I guess I'll see you tomorrow.

Your expression has increased.

You can view your personality stats on your character sheet.

After you finish up eating, its almost around 5:00 PM. Any last things to do outside?

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Social Links:

One small mall. The rest are fairly generic.
However, an odd metalworks shop catches your eye.
Will you enter?

(If you don't, then you can specify what you will do after)

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Social Links:

I enter the odd metalwork.

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Backstory:
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Party Members:
Social Links:
Time Events:
Personality Stats:

Considering a distaint lack of weapons... I use the defend command.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Social Links:
Personality Stats:

(I'm going to recycle an earlier post that was supposed to be used for this.)

While watching, your head begins to sting...
Eventually, the pain becomes overwhelming and you turn it off.
That was odd..
As you head stings when you watch the TV, what will you do instead?

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Social Links:

Inside is mostly weaponry. Most of it you couldn't afford for years.
You head outside. The sky is beginning to darken.
What will you do?

Backstory:
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Party Members:
Social Links:
Time Events:
Personality Stats:

(You have an odd firearm (pistol) that has appeared in your hand)
You defend yourself from the shadow!

??? Uses Agi!

22-

PARTY:
Talow - 86%

COMMANDS:
Attack
Defend

TARGETS:
??? - 100%

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Social Links:
Personality Stats:

(gaspcoughgaspcoughiguessihaveto)

You check for books that have anything related to the mystery card of yours.
You stumble upon one that is known as persona. Most information is about the word, Definition, and some other things. However, you notice one section that easily catches your attention. It is on the velvet room. Oddly only a rumor, it seems as if they describe it just as that blue room the mysterious man brought you into. Its getting late. Anything else to do before bed?

sonicheroes95
sonicheroes95
13,701 posts
Peasant

Backstory:
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Party Members:
Social Links:
Time Events:
Personality Stats:

"the hell..." I quickly aim the gun at the ??? and fire it.

Kipdon
Kipdon
2,169 posts
Peasant

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Social Links:

I go home and watch some TV before going to sleep. This time, however, I decide to browse the channels for something interesting.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Social Links:
Personality Stats:

... Your vision fades white, like earlier, when you ran into that odd man.
You feel yourself in the odd room like before.
"Welcome." You hear the man say. Since you have many questions to ask, you decide to say it now-

CHOICES:
"Who are you?"
"Where are we?"
"What's going on?"

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona List:
Social Links:

You browse the channels. One sports channel interests you enough to keep you watching. Eventually, you get tired and decide to shut it off. Anything else?

Backstory:
Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Party Members:
Social Links:
Time Events:
Personality Stats:

50-

The ??? doesn't move.
The fog thickens.

PARTY:
Talow - 86%

COMMANDS:
Attack
Defend

TARGETS:
??? - 52%

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Other note:
I'm going to be posting a kickstarter thread for my brand new superpower RPG thread, EAO: Uprising. INPUT NEEDED.

sonic20
sonic20
268 posts
Nomad

Starting Persona:
Money:
Persona list:
Social Links:
Personality Stats:

The man looks at you.
"You have entered the velvet room."
"I am here to steer you towards your destiny."

(CHOICES
"Who are you?"
"Where are we?"
"Alright, I think that's enough."

Showing 61-75 of 152