ForumsForum GamesThe End-Times ~ This is How You Died ~ You & Kate

90 13879
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Hello! Welcome to The End-Times. This is a zombie game. I'm sure right when most of you read the 'zombie' word, you're thinking to yourself, Oh Geeze. Another one? Well... I'm pretty sure no one has ever done anything like this in a forum game before. That is why I'm bringing it to you here and now.

*Don't read this unless you care about why the title is the way that it is*
The title is long and confusing I suppose, so I'll elaborate. The series is called The End-Times. The 'This is How You Died' part is in there because that is the main gist of the game. The 'You & Kate' part is the name of the story you will be playing.This game isn't about how to find a cure, and how you saved the world. This game is actually about your death. Its inevitable. But, the way you play, is like a story. Everything you achieved, every action you made, will be made into a story. And the ending will, of course, explain how you died. I hope that in the future, I can make more 'End-Times' games, and add a book of one of your (the players) stories in the next game, or maybe somehow make the stories connected in a way. This game might be long, or it may be short. It all depends on how well you do.

On to the important stuff. The game is pretty realistic in my opinion. You will be given a decent sized character sheet, but I'll have a much bigger one so I can keep track of exactly what you did in your story to be precise as possible with updates and things like that. There won't be stat bars or percentages for hunger or any basic needs though. Instead, you get moodlets, or effects.For example, say you killed a couple of zombies in your first days of slaying them. You may become nauseous, or come down with anxiety. There will be different levels of hunger, thirst, and so on. Peckish is very slightly hungry, then it goes up from there. Under the effects will be a description of what the type of effect is doing to your character. There are many more moods and effects, but you can discover them for yourself as you play.

As for the main game play, I only have one story for everyone to try. The story will differ in some cases, depending on what you want to do, so in a way, even though its the same story it can still be changed from another players version.

I hope this hasn't confused anybody so far. I confuse myself pretty often. Anyways, I will give the story just below this, then give an example of the character sheet.

~The Story~
Kate, your wife, has been keeping along with you pretty well, until things got a little too rough. In your 'fortress', which was a two story building with many entry points such as windows and doors, was found by raiders. One man in particular, who had worn a black vest, blue jeans, and black shoes, has ran you off of the fortress you both called a home. It was well barricaded... till the man tore it down. He doesn't have a name, but there are plenty of names that you'd both enjoy calling him.

• 90 Replies
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Name: Michael simons
Appearance: 6"11, blue eyes and balding brown hair. A sturdy build, around 210 pounds.
Day: 1
Presets:
-Calm (Responds calm fully to others)
----------
Health: 98%
Damage:
-Head (80%)
-Back of head and right cheek bone damaged
----------
Clothing: Red T-shirt, Green cargo pants and sneakers.
----------
Inventory:
-Cargo Pants: Four unknown pills, One sleep melt, Headache medicine bottle (14 pills), Deodorant, and a small bottle of body wash.
-Safehouse:
-Refrigerator: Nothing
----------
Skills:
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
-Pain (Speed & Accuracy Slightly Reduced)
-Slightly Stinky (Slight Mood Reduction)

I take 2 headache pills.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Appearance: 6"11, blue eyes and balding brown hair. A sturdy build, around 210 pounds.
Presets:
-Calm (Responds calm fully to others)
----------
Damage:
-Head (80%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
-Cargo Pants: Four unknown pills, One sleep melt, Headache medicine bottle (14 pills), Deodorant, and a small bottle of body wash.
-Safehouse:
----------
Skills:
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
-Pain (Speed & Accuracy Slightly Reduced)
-Slightly Stinky (Slight Mood Reduction)

Im sorry, heres what I meant:
I walk inside and go upstairs. I cup some water and drink it along with two headache pills, then put on soem deodorant. after doing all of this, I explore the house some more to see if I can find another bedroom or somthing that I was to busy to find earlier

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Presets:
-Calm (Responds calmfully to others)
----------
Damage:
-Head (81%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
-Safehouse:
-1st Floor Bathroom: (Unknown)
-2nd Floor Bathroom: Nothing
-Kate's Bedroom: Working radio, damaged lamp, slightly ripped bedsheets
-Dresser: Clothing
-Fortifications: None
----------
Skills: None
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
-Minor Pain

==========
Companions
==========
-Name: Kate
Food: None
Items: None

The pills may help a bit, since you've gotten some damage to your head earlier, but the majority of the pain is radiating from your face. Still, the pills should work just a little regardless. It will just take a few minutes to kick in.

The deodorant helped a lot; you no longer are stinky at all.

After this, you decide to explore. On the bottom floor, you come across a bathroom, and a completely empty room right next to it. On the second floor, is the bathroom you've been to several times now, the bedroom that Kate is lying in, and that is all.

The pills have taken slight effect. You feel a little less pain in your head, but your face still feels like its throbbing a bit.

>

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Presets:
-Calm (Responds calmfully to others)
----------
Damage:
-Head (81%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
-Safehouse:
-1st Floor Bathroom: (Unknown)
-Fortifications: None
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
-Minor Pain

I check out the bottom bathroom, and after oding so try to find my peice of glass and go to the living room I sit on the couch in wait for the other guy.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Presets:
>Calm (Responds calmfully to others)
----------
Damage:
>Head (82%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
>Cargo Pants: Four unknown pills, One sleep melt, Headache medicine bottle (14 pills), Deodorant, and a small bottle of body wash.
>Safehouse:
-1st Floor Bathroom: toothpaste, a dried scummy bar of soap, a few magazines, three glass cups, old mouth wash, a guitar pick
>Fortifications: None
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
>Minor Pain
>Getting Bored

==========
Companions
==========
>Name: Kate
Items: None

I check out the bottom bathroom, and after doing so try to find my piece of glass and go to the living room I sit on the couch in wait for the other guy.

After investigating the bathroom on the 1st floor, you find very insignificant items. Things that were found include toothpaste, a dried scummy bar of soap, a few magazines, three glass cups, old mouth wash, and for some reason there is a guitar pick as well.

After searching, you find your place on the couch, and wait. A long time passes by, and the man still hasn't come back yet to save the day. The sun is shining brightly through the windows of the house as you lie there on the couch, wondering what to do.

You can't help but to feel that you're becoming irritably bored.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Presets:
----------
Damage:
>Head (82%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
>Cargo Pants: Four unknown pills, One sleep melt, Headache medicine bottle (14 pills), Deodorant, and a small bottle of body wash.
>Safehouse:
-1st Floor Bathroom: toothpaste, a dried scummy bar of soap, a few magazines, three glass cups, old mouth wash, a guitar pick
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
>Minor Pain
>Getting Bored

Hmmmm, I get 2 glasses of water, one for me and one for kate, and the 3 magazines. I take those upstairs and fill kate a glass of water and set it on the nightstand and ask her if she wants to read a magazine. If she does I give her one, if not I go back to the bathroom and fill up the glass of water and drink it with another headache pill. then I head downstairs and wait.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Name: Michael Simons
Presets:
----------
Damage:
>Head (83%)
-Back of head and right cheek bone damaged; right cheek bruised
----------
----------
Inventory:
>Hands:
-Left: Two magazines
-Right: Glass of water
>Cargo Pants: Four unknown pills, One sleep melt, Headache medicine bottle (14 pills), Deodorant, small bottle of body wash
>Safehouse:
-1st Floor Bathroom: toothpaste, a dried scummy bar of soap, one glass cup, old mouth wash, a guitar pick
-Kate's Bedroom: Working radio, damaged lamp, slightly ripped bedsheets, one glass of water
-Dresser: Plenty of Clothing
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
>Minor Pain

==========
Companions
==========
Items: Magazine

I get 2 glasses of water, one for me and one for Kate, and the 3 magazines. I take those upstairs and fill Kate a glass of water and set it on the nightstand and ask her if she wants to read a magazine.

As you fill the glasses with water, you notice a bruise forming on your face where the man injured you.

She gladly accepts the magazine after nodding her head to answer your question. She also takes sips of the water you gave her, and thanks you after giving a warm smile. She didn't seem to notice your bruise, even though its hard to miss.

Her face seems to be getting pale, and her eyes are sagging. She positions herself flat on her back, and reads the magazine, almost dozing off immediately. She didn't hurt herself this time when she moved... she could have learned how to move it without hurting herself, or maybe what you did is working.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Presets:
----------
Damage:
>Head (83%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
>Hands:
-Left: Two magazines
-Right: Glass of water
>Cargo Pants: Four unknown pills, One sleep melt, Headache medicine bottle (14 pills), Deodorant, small bottle of body wash
>Safehouse:
-1st Floor Bathroom: toothpaste, a dried scummy bar of soap, one glass cup, old mouth wash, a guitar pick
-Kate's Bedroom: Working radio, damaged lamp, slightly ripped bedsheets, one glass of water
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
>Minor Pain

I smile and then head downstairs. after going downstairs if no special event has happened, I'll take a seat and reado ne of these magazines. sure some helpful information in there.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Presets:
----------
Damage:
>Head (84%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
>Hands:
-Left: Magazine
-Right: Magazine
>Safehouse:
-Living Room: One magazine, glass of water
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
>Minor Pain
>Peckish

I smile and then head downstairs. after going downstairs if no special event has happened, I'll take a seat and read one of these magazines.

You take a seat on the couch downstairs once again, place the glass of water on a table stand beside it, and you begin reading one of the magazines.

The one you began reading has a lot to do with sports. You feel a little miserable knowing that there is none of that now, but reading it takes a little stress off of you.

Still, the man has not come back yet. There is still plenty of daylight left however.

You're feeling peckish, and the pain is still there.

You can hear a zombie's moans as it walks outside. Then, its head travels along the outside of the house, passing the window where the man busted in through before. Another is heard behind you, moaning softly outside as the window absorbs most of the sound. They're just stragglers, probably.

There haven't been many zombies here lately... you forgot about them for a moment as you read through that sports magazine. You stare blankly at the magazine, wondering what to do.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Presets:
----------
Damage:
>Head (84%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
>Hands:
>Safehouse:
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
>Minor Pain
>Peckish

Aww man, wheres my stuff??? I mutter quitly I try to make as little noise as possible hile looking for my knife I just suddenly remebered I dropped when he hit me.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Hey man. Sorry for the inactivity, evilsweet. This is Kanine by the way.

I've been finishing up final exams and my graduation is on Monday, so that is why I've been so inactive.

If you want, we can keep this going if you are still interested.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Plenty still intrested, but why change accounts?

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

No real reason.

And last night, I didn't get any sleep at all, and I slept almost all day today, so that's why there isn't an update man. Plus my graduation is tomorrow. And the reason I'm not doing it right now is because I have a headache, I'm tired, and if I do it right now, it'll probably be half assed. No other way to say that I think.

Veksing
Veksing
1,676 posts
Peasant

Presets:
----------
Damage:
>Head (84%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
>Hands:
>Safehouse:
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
>Minor Pain
>Peckish

==========
Companions
==========

You reacquire the knife.

The zombies are slowly and silently passing by the house, while a few more begin to show up.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Presets:
----------
Damage:
>Head (84%)
----------
----------
Inventory:
>Hands:
>Safehouse:
----------
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
>Minor Pain
>Peckish
==========
Companions
==========

I head upstairs, going to kate and explaining the problem. I listen to her opinions (if she has any) And agree with those that sound like they may work.

I'm back from a long-ish vacation. I'm sorry I took so long, and had no warning but, well... It kinda was a surprise. A relative died. How did your graduation go? I hope it went well!

Showing 76-90 of 90