ForumsForum GamesThe End-Times ~ This is How You Died ~ You & Kate

90 13872
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Hello! Welcome to The End-Times. This is a zombie game. I'm sure right when most of you read the 'zombie' word, you're thinking to yourself, Oh Geeze. Another one? Well... I'm pretty sure no one has ever done anything like this in a forum game before. That is why I'm bringing it to you here and now.

*Don't read this unless you care about why the title is the way that it is*
The title is long and confusing I suppose, so I'll elaborate. The series is called The End-Times. The 'This is How You Died' part is in there because that is the main gist of the game. The 'You & Kate' part is the name of the story you will be playing.This game isn't about how to find a cure, and how you saved the world. This game is actually about your death. Its inevitable. But, the way you play, is like a story. Everything you achieved, every action you made, will be made into a story. And the ending will, of course, explain how you died. I hope that in the future, I can make more 'End-Times' games, and add a book of one of your (the players) stories in the next game, or maybe somehow make the stories connected in a way. This game might be long, or it may be short. It all depends on how well you do.

On to the important stuff. The game is pretty realistic in my opinion. You will be given a decent sized character sheet, but I'll have a much bigger one so I can keep track of exactly what you did in your story to be precise as possible with updates and things like that. There won't be stat bars or percentages for hunger or any basic needs though. Instead, you get moodlets, or effects.For example, say you killed a couple of zombies in your first days of slaying them. You may become nauseous, or come down with anxiety. There will be different levels of hunger, thirst, and so on. Peckish is very slightly hungry, then it goes up from there. Under the effects will be a description of what the type of effect is doing to your character. There are many more moods and effects, but you can discover them for yourself as you play.

As for the main game play, I only have one story for everyone to try. The story will differ in some cases, depending on what you want to do, so in a way, even though its the same story it can still be changed from another players version.

I hope this hasn't confused anybody so far. I confuse myself pretty often. Anyways, I will give the story just below this, then give an example of the character sheet.

~The Story~
Kate, your wife, has been keeping along with you pretty well, until things got a little too rough. In your 'fortress', which was a two story building with many entry points such as windows and doors, was found by raiders. One man in particular, who had worn a black vest, blue jeans, and black shoes, has ran you off of the fortress you both called a home. It was well barricaded... till the man tore it down. He doesn't have a name, but there are plenty of names that you'd both enjoy calling him.

• 90 Replies
Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael,

She listens, but doesn't say a word.

The man slowly and carefully steps into the room, with his shotgun stilled aimed at you. He turns his head to the right, and looks at Kate for five seconds, then back to you.

"Is she bit?"

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

"No, shes not, its jsut a break. We were running from a raider and she fell on somthing and broke her leg, luckily we both got out alive"

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael,

He looks at you for five seconds; sometimes his eyes wander around as he's probably processing what he should do.

Then, he lowers his shotgun, yet keeps his distance from both of you.

"How long have you been here?" he asks.

"One day." you reply.

"You'd better leave." he warns. "There are people here who do take what isn't theirs around here. The reason I aimed my gun at you is because my group got attacked two days ago. We lost two people." he says, looking at his feet. Then, his gaze returns to you. "Since this... outbreak... started two months ago... there's been more crime than ever. You'd be better off underground or something."

He grabs the butt of the shotgun with one hand and places the barrel on the ground to act as a support as he leans against the wall right next to the door.

The silence continues for a few more seconds, then he points to Kate and asks, "Is she stable?"

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

"Dont think so, Kate are you good enough to walk? Hey I know this is crazy but, COuld we join your group? we have experience with raiders and we can contribute the house and any food here to your group. Plus, we have running water." I start to cough a bit and then ask him to esxuse me to go get some water.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael,

"Don't think so. Kate, are you good enough to walk?

"No, it's too painful." she replies.

The man looks to you and says, "What all did you do?"

"Its bandaged, but that's all." Before he can get a word in, you quickly continue. "Hey... I know this is crazy, but could we join your group? We have experience with raiders and we can contribute the house and any food here to your group. Plus, we have running water."

You cough before he can answer, and ask to be excused to get something to drink.

"Sure." he replies.
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

Sure we can join or sure for the water? well I go to the bathroom, turn the left knob and drink some water.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael,

He said sure for the water.

He follows you halfway to the bathroom, but never enters. As you drink water, your head throbs from the lingering pain caused by the man. He talks about his group.

"As for you joining us... I'd normally say no... but since your wife has got some serious injuries... we might have to make an exception. But first... I have to speak to the group. I can't just invite you in without the group knowing. Oh... and I'm sorry for attacking you earlier. Its hard to trust these days."

A bit of anger arises after he says that, but you manage to hide it.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

(calm personality, remember?)

well thats great, I check the food pile I brought up here for kate, ask her if she needs anything, get her what she needs and ask her if its ok to go with this man to meet his group. If its ok with him, of course.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

(calm personality, remember?)

Well, your stinky and sweaty, so your mood drops from that. Also, your still hungry, and in pain. Those three factors are making Michael uneasy. Anxiety will come soon as well, if too many negative things are affecting you. However, since you met someone, and there is hope to be part of a bigger group, Michael still is in good shape for the time being.

Michael,

The food you left for Kate is all gone. She tells you that shes somewhat hungry. A few minutes pass, and you come back with one of the two Klondike bars.

"All we have are Klondike bars. This is the second to last one." you say to her.

"You two are living off of ice cream?" the man asks.

You are a little irritated at what he just said, but its easy to hide it. You look at him and nod your head.

"Well... have these other houses been searched?" he asks.

"No. We just arrived here yesterday." Kate tells him. She opens the Klondike bar and slowly eats it as she lies on her back still.

"Okay... well, I will go back to my group, and determine whether or not we can let you in. I'll be coming back with food regardless of what they say. And she needs good care, too. We've got someone who may have some training with this kind of thing. Is that okay with you two?"
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I nod to kate and then tell him tthat would be nice. I ask him if I can borrow an axe or somthing because I was trying to search a house over there. after that, I ask kate if she needs the other one and if she doesnt if i can have it.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

Michael,

I ask him if I can borrow an axe or something because I was trying to search a house over there.

His eyes cut away from yours. "I don't have any other type of weapon on me, sorry man." he replies. "I better get going." he says. He then walks out of the doorway, and down the staircase. His footsteps can be heard as he walks through the living room.

"Kate, do you want that last Klondike?"

"Michael, you need to eat. Ice cream won't get us far, but at least its something. You need it more than I do honey. I ate those carrots and drank all of the milk... you deserve anything else."

A kiss is exchanged, and you exit the bedroom.

(Since you were in a panic earlier, you didn't notice things that were outside that you would have if you weren't in a panic.)
evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

(sounds liek your telling me to check outside?) I eat the icecream, try to calm down by closing my eyes for a bit and then check outside. (also whats my status effects? Shouldnt be thirst or sweaty) If nothings out there, I try to find my knife and I go upstairs and decide to sit on the bed for a bit, thinking about life and such.

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

I've got some serious work to do in order to boos my grades in two classes, so I won't be able to post as often as before, and I don't have a lot of time. Its very important if I want to graduate, so please bear with me.

evilsweetblock
evilsweetblock
2,613 posts
Jester

I understand whollfully, Im having bad rades and im trying to boost them. Thanks for telling me about this!

Kanine
Kanine
74 posts
Nomad

From now on, I'll post the entire sheet so that you can know exactly what is going on at all times. Yes, I wanted it to be realistic and stuff, but without the character sheet, its harder for both of us to keep up. Even though I have it on my own document, it could still lead to some problems.

By the way, you don't need to post the character sheet every time still. When something changes on it, I'll post the whole thing and put whatever changed in bold. It'll make more sense when it actually happens.

Name: Michael simons
Appearance: 6"11, blue eyes and balding brown hair. A sturdy build, around 210 pounds.
Day: 1
Presets:
-Calm (Responds calm fully to others)
----------
Health: 98%
Damage:
-Head (80%)
-Back of head and right cheek bone damaged
----------
Clothing: Red T-shirt, Green cargo pants and sneakers.
----------
Inventory:
-Cargo Pants: Four unknown pills, One sleep melt, Headache medicine bottle (16 pills), Deodorant, and a small bottle of body wash.
-Safehouse:
-Refrigerator: Nothing
----------
Skills:
----------
Moodlets & Effects:
-Pain (Speed & Accuracy Slightly Reduced)
-Slightly Stinky (Slight Mood Reduction)

==========
Companions
==========
-Name: Kate
Food: None
Items: None

You consume the ice cream... and you feel partially satisfied. You're no longer hungry.

You step outside through the same door where you encountered the man. The zombies blood is splattered on the house's white exterior. A brown picket fence lies directly ahead of you, about 5 feet away. Beyond that, is a white house about two more feet, with shrubs in view as well. You take a peek at the front yard. There are no cars in the drive way, however, across the two-lane street is a house, along with several others beside each other. You're in a neighborhood with quite a few other houses. Very few of them look like they've actually seen the apocalypse. The yards are, for the most part, pretty clean. In the driveway of the house directly across is a black, four-door car. You aren't familiar with the model or the manufacturer. To the front-left, are more cars in the driveways of other houses. Most of them have two vehicles in them for the most part, both parked nicely. To examine them closer, you'd have to get closer. You decide not to walk too far out, so you only get a glimpse of the right side of yourself. More cars in driveways, and neat houses. The shrubs just beyond the brown picket fence next to you are blocking the rest of the view. Its all the same anyways, there are plenty of houses or cars to go around, and nothing seemed odd or discerning at all, so you then step back inside.

Showing 61-75 of 90