ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmorGames Armatar Contest - Theme: SPRING!!

82 34517
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

After having the cold Winter Edition and the heroic journey of the Ninja, it is time to focus on the season that warms us all up a little in the ArmorGames Armatar Contest! The season that brings out everyone to play, even the game characters! They too are taking a short break to enjoy the colorful scenery of:

SPRING!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8256/8665164418_d12373440e_b_d.jpg

Here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :

# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
~ Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this is probably not a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a mod or admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.

Do note that we won't add all submissions at once... all submissions will go up in batches during the entry window and they will eventually disappear from the Armatar roster a week after being uploaded, thus rotating all submissions as we approach the next theme. Keep checking this thread for notifications on the rotation!

The window for this contest will be a little longer this time, from 04/20/2013 untill 06/02/2013, so there's plenty of time for you to submit multiple entries to make it on the rotating schedule!

As usual, we're looking forward to seeing your contributions! So, soak up that fresh Spring breeze, let those first rays of sun tickle your skin and your imagination, be inspired by the huge palet of vibrant colorful scenery outside and grab that pencil to splash those ideas onto paper or your screen! It's Spring time people! Make 'em look good! Amaze us!!! =)

• 82 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I vote for the bear. Yes, we're doing the bear.

Goldfish13
Goldfish13
16 posts
Nomad

Just a quick word about copying: a handy tool for checking plagiarism is google images.
Just upload the link of the picture into the search (Upload file --> paste link, hit enter) and it should come up with a list of results if plagiarised. If not, then it's completely original
Thanks. And I'm really liking the stuff that's coming through so far - which is why I'm not joining; I'd be completely out of my league...

How to use search by image.
[url=http://www.google.com.au/insidesearch/features/images/searchbyimage.html]

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@ mikacinikac : A few clarifications are needed here, one being urgent: please read and follow the rules of this competition. =)

- Your first submission is not square, which is obligated. Not square = not iincluded. Ok?

- Your second entry is very artful, but where is the theme in there? I'm guessing a flower? Please add some information about your entry, rather than simply slapping a bunch of entries in here?

- 4th entry; Text is not allowed in submissions the way you used it. This competition is to have creative pictures and images of the theme at hand, not simply writing out the word and add some frames around it.

If someone wants to use text in their Armatar submission, it will only be allowed by discretion of admins or mods, but is not allowed in general. If you are not sure about an entry, please ask an admin or mod about it before submitting it. Thank you. =)

- 5th entry; short and clear, just like the first one: not square = not included. =)

- Last three entries have been deleted due to plagiarism...

I will be short and clear here: this will be a one-time-only warning for everyone who wants to submit his own artwork in this competition... submit something that is not made by your own hand and you will be excluded from participation in this and future competitions. There are also other consequences involved here... be wise and refrain from doing this. Thank you! =)

---

@ Salvidian : Sal... should I explain? I think you know why it is not going to be included, right?

---

@ Bronze : I think 'brother bear' is ready for his appearance on stage! Smart of you to hold on to it untill Spring theme came along!

---

@ Goldfish13 : I am well aware of how to check for plagiarism, don't worry! But thanx for the help!

IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

Does this contest accept photography instead of art? I might have a couple of photos I can use and I think it would expand the contest.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Thanks, MrDayCee, I'll try to fix it and add more pictures...
=)

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

@ Salvidian : Sal... should I explain? I think you know why it is not going to be included, right?

I don't know, actually. I'm guessing this pertains to the Winter Contest then, huh? Let me guess: no photography?

If so then I'll do something else.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Here is my armatar. I call it a "Spring Globe".

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/Reton8/AG%20Image%20Uploads/SpringGlobeResized2.png

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I changed the background a little. I think I'm going to go with the this one.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/Reton8/AG%20Image%20Uploads/SpringGlobeResized3.png

Any feedback.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Very nice idea, Reton, for a Spring alternative to the falling snow. I like it a lot. The new background looks better, too.
Do you think it would be a good idea to make the grass patch go slightly upwards at the edges, to reinforce the illusion of a glass globe?

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Thanks!

Do you think it would be a good idea to make the grass patch go slightly upwards at the edges, to reinforce the illusion of a glass globe?

You mean like tilt the grass inward or add more along the side?

Also, I am going with the second one.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I made a different change, but I don't know how I feel about this one.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/Reton8/AG%20Image%20Uploads/SpringGlobeResized4.png

The problem I have with this is that it makes it look like the tree is not in the globe but part of the background, but I like how the additional grass makes the globe look like it's outside in a field. It also fills up the negative space better.

MikaCinc
MikaCinc
408 posts
Treasurer

Reton8, i like your armatar!

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

Is this it? There's only been like 6 submissions.

@Reton8: That's awesome, and in my opinion make the grass outside the globe a little lower or make it a different shade.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,446 posts
Jester

600x600

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/Springthing_zps89a4e2d9.png

100x100

http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums/o541/Mr12Relic/Springthing100_zps57fc7411.png

GhostOfHorror
GhostOfHorror
890 posts
Nomad

America must have different seasons to us, season of summer starts Wednesday over here.

Winter -> Nov, Dec, Jan
Spring -> Feb, Mar, Apr
Summer -> May, June, July
Autumn/Fall -> Aug, Sep, Oct.

Nonetheless; great to see another one of these.

Showing 16-30 of 82