Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

ArmorGames Armatar Contest - Theme: SPRING!!

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 2:02am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

MrDayCee If someone wants to use text in their Armatar submission, it will only be allowed by discretion of admins or mods, but is not allowed in general.

Posted May 1, '13 at 3:57am

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,080 posts

@ jmababa : Let's make this clear with a simple question... "Did you draw that image yourself?" If not, you are plagiarising, which is clearly explained in the thread's OP. Taking an image drawn by someone else (or a screenshot) and then editing this to claim it is your own, is not allowed for a submission.

Ruling on this one: Excluded from entry. And any further submissions with plagiarism will lead to further consequences. Fair warning here. =)

Posted May 4, '13 at 11:20am

TerminatorXM214

TerminatorXM214

236 posts

I have a submission, and a few questions regarding it:
Can I post it in other places, not as a contest entry, but just as a random art project?
Can I submit multiple projects at different times? Because I'm working on another for this contest, but haven't finished it yet. I have finished one though.
Is it okay that I used Adobe PSPro painting?

Okay well, I'll post both the original and the shrunk ones.
1000x1000
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dUjD-pemF3g/UX3YBg4YykI/AAAAAAAAASE/1337QESX6MY/s540/Springarmatar1000x1000.jpg

And the 100x100 one:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DhwmG7Y2j00/UX3X__2yaUI/AAAAAAAAAR8/qxaQy_oGUa8/s100/Springarmatar100x100--small.jpg

Posted May 4, '13 at 1:40pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,691 posts

Knight

Can I post it in other places

If you made it, it is yours; you can do whatever you want with it.

Can I submit multiple projects at different times?

Yes.

Is it okay that I used Adobe PSPro painting?

If the images are completely created by you, yes.

Posted May 4, '13 at 6:57pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

@Terminator
It's nice, but it looks like it needs something as a focal point. Maybe a tree or a sunflower or a bird.

Posted May 4, '13 at 7:52pm

aggazaggashoofoo

aggazaggashoofoo

53 posts

Emp is right, it's just well-drawn grass and clouds without something in the middle. Maybe a field of flowers could be added because everyone likes flowers... :3

Posted May 6, '13 at 4:56pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

There is a focal point. Close your eyes, refresh the page, and look at the image again. Your eye will naturally look towards the sun, but then it's pulled away and towards the dark grass, which poses a fantastic contrast. Focal points don't always have to be in the middle, and the focal point doesn't always have to be obvious.

Posted May 6, '13 at 5:58pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,977 posts

Your eye will naturally look towards the sun

Mine went to the random patch of dark fog.

Posted May 6, '13 at 5:58pm

MrDayCee

MrDayCee

8,080 posts

I agree with Salvidian on the impression of the image, but I also have to add that when you look at the smaller 100x100 version, the whole idea of the (beautifully made btw) image is a little lost and everything becomes a little faded... =)

Posted May 6, '13 at 6:10pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Mine went to the random patch of dark fog.

A focal point is a focal point!