ForumsArt, Music, and WritingArmorGames Armatar Contest - Theme: SPRING!!

82 34429
MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8253540719_7b89c6b013_b_d.jpg

After having the cold Winter Edition and the heroic journey of the Ninja, it is time to focus on the season that warms us all up a little in the ArmorGames Armatar Contest! The season that brings out everyone to play, even the game characters! They too are taking a short break to enjoy the colorful scenery of:

SPRING!!!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8256/8665164418_d12373440e_b_d.jpg

Here are the guidelines that help you figure out what is allowed and what is not :

# ARMATAR CONTEST GUIDELINES :

1) All entries must be appropriate. They cannot be offensive or profane in nature. Keep it clean!
2) The entry must be square, and at least 100x100 pixels in dimension.
3) Your entry must scale down well to 100x100. So if it is larger, make sure that it will still look good when it is scaled down to the actual armatar size. Here are a few suggestions about this :
~ Sometimes keeping it simple is better. If you go into a lot of detail, it might not look as great when you scale it down. So keep in mind what the final size will be and check often how it looks when it is scaled down.
~ Remember to save a lot while you are making it! Better to delete 20 -in between made- save files later on, than ending up with something you actually don't like...
~ If you are able to do vector, by all means! That can help with the sharpness of the image. However, since they are so small this is probably not a big issue.
4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!
5) Must be fitting to the current contest's theme. If a certain entry is debatable to whatever extend, a mod or admin will give the decisive and final ruling for submission.

Do note that we won't add all submissions at once... all submissions will go up in batches during the entry window and they will eventually disappear from the Armatar roster a week after being uploaded, thus rotating all submissions as we approach the next theme. Keep checking this thread for notifications on the rotation!

The window for this contest will be a little longer this time, from 04/20/2013 untill 06/02/2013, so there's plenty of time for you to submit multiple entries to make it on the rotating schedule!

As usual, we're looking forward to seeing your contributions! So, soak up that fresh Spring breeze, let those first rays of sun tickle your skin and your imagination, be inspired by the huge palet of vibrant colorful scenery outside and grab that pencil to splash those ideas onto paper or your screen! It's Spring time people! Make 'em look good! Amaze us!!! =)

• 82 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Don't complain, I have summer all year long....

jmababa
jmababa
54 posts
Shepherd

hope you guyz like this its a great one for some people who like weird armatars

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l298/jmababa/Armatar_zps59b5cc6c.png

jmababa
jmababa
54 posts
Shepherd

oops forgot to tell that the anime i took it from came out spring

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

oops forgot to tell that the anime i took it from came out spring

1) 4) Must be completely original. You cannot use elements from other pieces of artwork, the entire armatar must be 100% created by you.
Plagiarism will not only exclude your submission by means of disqualification, it will also exclude you from participation in any future contests AND will have further consequences!

2) It may very well have come out in Spring..but it itself has nothing to do with Spring
jmababa
jmababa
54 posts
Shepherd

yes Iknow thatthats why its original im the original creator of this i was the one who was plagarized by others by copying it of my photobucket dang photobucket

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

yes Iknow thatthats why its original im the original creator of this i was the one who was plagarized by others by copying it of my photobucket dang photobucket

So...you drew that all yourself? That picture is all by you, and none was taken from any other source*?

*Yu-Gi-Oh
jmababa
jmababa
54 posts
Shepherd

also don't you know fan artthis is one of em in armatar form

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

also don't you know fan artthis is one of em in armatar form

This, however, isn't fan-art..but a still taken from the anime with text overlaying it
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

MrDayCee If someone wants to use text in their Armatar submission, it will only be allowed by discretion of admins or mods, but is not allowed in general.

MrDayCee
MrDayCee
14,747 posts
King

@ jmababa : Let's make this clear with a simple question... "Did you draw that image yourself?" If not, you are plagiarising, which is clearly explained in the thread's OP. Taking an image drawn by someone else (or a screenshot) and then editing this to claim it is your own, is not allowed for a submission.

Ruling on this one: Excluded from entry. And any further submissions with plagiarism will lead to further consequences. Fair warning here. =)

TerminatorXM214
TerminatorXM214
222 posts
Blacksmith

I have a submission, and a few questions regarding it:
Can I post it in other places, not as a contest entry, but just as a random art project?
Can I submit multiple projects at different times? Because I'm working on another for this contest, but haven't finished it yet. I have finished one though.
Is it okay that I used Adobe PSPro painting?

Okay well, I'll post both the original and the shrunk ones.
1000x1000
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-dUjD-pemF3g/UX3YBg4YykI/AAAAAAAAASE/1337QESX6MY/s540/Springarmatar1000x1000.jpg

And the 100x100 one:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-DhwmG7Y2j00/UX3X__2yaUI/AAAAAAAAAR8/qxaQy_oGUa8/s100/Springarmatar100x100--small.jpg

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,620 posts
Herald

Can I post it in other places

If you made it, it is yours; you can do whatever you want with it.
Can I submit multiple projects at different times?

Yes.
Is it okay that I used Adobe PSPro painting?

If the images are completely created by you, yes.
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

@Terminator
It's nice, but it looks like it needs something as a focal point. Maybe a tree or a sunflower or a bird.

aggazaggashoofoo
aggazaggashoofoo
99 posts
Nomad

Emp is right, it's just well-drawn grass and clouds without something in the middle. Maybe a field of flowers could be added because everyone likes flowers... :3

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

There is a focal point. Close your eyes, refresh the page, and look at the image again. Your eye will naturally look towards the sun, but then it's pulled away and towards the dark grass, which poses a fantastic contrast. Focal points don't always have to be in the middle, and the focal point doesn't always have to be obvious.

Showing 31-45 of 82