ForumsForum GamesThe Never Ending War (Contemporary WWII RPG)

193 28248
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

The year is 1947, the second world war has raged on for a very long time, battles won on both sides have extended it, the losses were great. To the point were the war petered out, and was rented out to mercenaries in tanks by 1945, although research on tanks and their weaponry has made giant leaps, the poorest mercenaries still fight in old inter-war tanks in small skirmishes, far from the huge modern tanks, on smaller fronts for small objectives.

Nations:
Axis:
Italian
Germany
Japan

Allied:
America
Britain
Russia
France
China

Tank Types:
Light (Small, quick, good at scouting and taking out lightly armed foes)
Medium (Somewhere between heavy and light, some more related to one side than the other)
Heavy (big, lumbering, tough, but slow and slow turning and turret speeds)
Tank Destroyer (The "snipers" of the tank world, mostly have no turret, and have thing side and back armor)

while these are rather broad terms, they are easier to adhere to, and don't expect every tank of every type to adhere strictly to these generalizations.

This game is in a what-if scenario, where WWII has turned into a slow tank v. tank war, rented out to mercenaries for money. You play one such merc, who is fairly poor and have bought a small tank from the 30's, doing small contracts to make money.

Sheet:

Name: please something of your nationality
Faction: Basically the nation you fight for
Description: what you look like, purely optional but preferred, just remember, big guys can't fit into tanks
Bio: 5 sentences at least, optional
Perk: from bio, i make
---------
Cash:200
Tank: i put
Crew: i put
Modules: anything extra added on
Equipment: basically anything inside the tank to help it (i.e. first aid kits, extinguishers, etc.)
---------
Gun: what gun is on the tank, i put
Engine: what engine is on the tank
Armor: in MM, the higher it is, the better chance of a bounce, or non penetrating shot
Hull: your "HP" i put
Condition: Fine

Now you will start with what is essentially a mid war tin can, and you pay to either upgrade it, or the tank itself. You take various missions and jobs for money, you will start doing small jobs, but can get up to larger ones, even spearheading major offensives.

Alright, the person who pre signed up, bring your sheet over here and i'll fill it out, kinda wish i got more people to show preemptive interest

• 193 Replies
Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

Name: Hilda "Hilbert" Amsel
Nationality: German
Faction: Axis
Description: 5'4", Blonde, Blue eyes, Pale skin, Petite build, Boyish looks
Bio: Hilda never let the fact that she was a woman keep her from achieving her tank-piloting dream. Thanks to her boyish looks and total lack of breasts, it wasn't hard for her to disguise as a male in order to have an easier time getting to her goal. Her family never did have much money; she had to do odd jobs in order to get even enough money for a tank. Her nickname comes from the name she uses when she needs to disguise as a man. She always prefers heavy tanks, partially due to her love of big weapons and armor, partially due to a subconscious need to compensate for something.
---------
Tank: i put
Crew: i put
Equipment: basically anything inside the tank to help it (i.e. first aid kits, extinguishers, etc.)
---------
Gun: what gun is on the tank, i put
Engine: what engine is on the tank
Armor: in MM, the higher it is, the better chance of a bounce, or non penetrating shot
Hull: your "HP" i put

Oh, I'm sure people will join when they see that the thread's started.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Hilda never let the fact that she was a woman keep her from achieving her tank-piloting dream. Thanks to her boyish looks and total lack of breasts, it wasn't hard for her to disguise as a male in order to have an easier time getting to her goal. Her family never did have much money; she had to do odd jobs in order to get even enough money for a tank. Her nickname comes from the name she uses when she needs to disguise as a man. She always prefers heavy tanks, partially due to her love of big weapons and armor, partially due to a subconscious need to compensate for something.
---------
Tank: Panzer I
Crew: Commander (Radio Operator, Gunner, Loader) Driver
---------
Gun: 2 cm KwK 30 L/55 (20mm cannon)
Engine: Krupp M305 (30 Km/h top speed)
Armor:13/13/13 (front/side/back) Turret: 14/14/14
Hull: 135

How is this lookin'? And a picture for convenience

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/31/Panzer_I_Norway.PNG

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Name: Michael Lee
Nationality: American
Faction: Allied
Description: Short, Thin, Black hair, Green eyes, Pale skin.
Bio: Raised by his father to be a mechanic, he always had a fascination with tanks. Due to financial problems his family was forced to send him away to look for work to help support them. He traveled from city to city, town to town performing odd jobs while looking for a place that needed a mechanic. But the money he was earning wasn't enough. So he took the money that he had, bought a tank and became a mercenary to help earn money for his family.
Perk:
---------
Tank:
Crew:
Modules:
Equipment:
---------
Gun:
Engine:
Armor:
Hull:

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Bio: Raised by his father to be a mechanic, he always had a fascination with tanks. Due to financial problems his family was forced to send him away to look for work to help support them. He traveled from city to city, town to town performing odd jobs while looking for a place that needed a mechanic. But the money he was earning wasn't enough. So he took the money that he had, bought a tank and became a mercenary to help earn money for his family.
Perk you can fix damaged tank parts quicker
---------
Tank:T1 Cunningham
Crew:Commander (Radio Operator, Gunner, Loader), Driver
Modules:
Equipment:
---------
Gun:37 mm Gun M1916 (28mm penetration)
Engine:Cunningham V-type (35 km/h)
Armor:10/10/10 (front/side/back)) Turret 10/10/10
Hull:120/120

how does this look

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

Looks good. By the way, when is the RPG gonna start.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Modules:
Equipment:
---------

Right now, since i have two people

1947, North Africa: It's a cold night in Tunisia, you are in your tank, on guard duty for the night. as you sit in the cupola, you notice something against the slowly rising sun on the horizon. Binoculars out, you see at least 20 Italian tanks on the horizon many Fiat 3000's and a few l 3/35 tankettes. they are in an arrowhead formation, heading straight for your camp, you look back as you see a few rows of T1's, and even a few M2 light tanks, ready for action.

a few pictures for reference:

Fiat 3000
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/26/Fiat3000.jpg

L 3/35
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bb/L_3_35_SAMMH.jpg

T1 Cunningham:
http://www.csarmy.eu/system/files/images/t1cunningham.png

M2 light

http://playnewgame.ru/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/M2-Light-Tank.jpg

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Modules:
Equipment:
---------

I warn the camp of the approaching tanks.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Modules:
Equipment:
---------

you quickly hop out of your tank and rush over to the siren, cranking it you wake the entire camp , like ants they all scramble out quickly getting prepared for battle and getting in their tanks, you hear the rumble get closer as the Italian tanks near. You hear the blasts as their guns fire upon the mostly stationary tanks, you run back into your tank and quickly get out of the fire, a few tanks are set alight and disabled by the intense fire, most of them manage to scatter out of the Italian's ambush, but everyone is confused and not sure what to do.
You hear confused chatter and pleas for help over the radio, but can't make anything out.

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Modules:
Equipment:
---------

I gather as many men I can and help those nearest to me.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Modules:
Equipment:
---------

you manage to rally most of the tanks, about 8 T1's and 2 M2's, to gather up , behind the temporary cover of the main camp, as whoever is left inside the camp desperately fights for escape, you see thick black smoke and flames about, even a few Italian tanks are smoking or dead

draick
draick
1,461 posts
Farmer

---------
Modules:
Equipment:
---------

I order half of them to provide cover fire as the other half, including me, help whoever is left inside the camp.

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

---------
Modules:
Equipment:
---------

Remember, you're in a tank, covering fire and such are infantry thinking, you're in a few ton tank. also a little more explanation please

Kylelolcat
Kylelolcat
4,813 posts
Nomad

---------
---------
Gun: 2 cm KwK 30 L/55 (20mm cannon)

So...um...do I get a story?

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

Perk: You know what they say about big guns...: You are more accurate with guns 75mm or over
---------
---------
Gun: 2 cm KwK 30 L/55 (20mm autocannon) [23mm penetration]

Anywho: Norway 1947: your tank rumbles quietly as you try to keep warm, winter even this south is very cold. You watch across a small Inlet, as anotehr tank, a Panzer II pulls up next to you, the commanderi n the cupola, "Hilbert, be prepared, we must cross the inlet soon, reports of a Danish force composed of soviet tanks massing there, we will take them down before they can properly form!"

loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

****, i accidentally put norway on that first part, ignore that

Showing 1-15 of 193