Has anyone beaten the Dark Tower Iron Challenge on Hard difficulty, for *this* version of Kingdom Rush here at Armor Games?
I've tried probably hundreds of times now, and found it unbeatable in v1.13.
Older and other versions - 1.12 and earlier, iPad and such, there are vids of people beating it, but none of those strategies work on v1.13 Flash version on a PC, so I thought I'd check and see if anyone here had done it.
- 15 Replies
I've tried tons of times, but I can't get past it (v1.13 on flash/PC). I've cleared everything else on hard (with the premium bonuses), but I can't get past this level. I've watched a ton of the videos too, but my towers don't seem to kill enemies as fast as those in the videos.
I *finally* beat this level after tons of tries. The strat I used was pretty close to the one in this video:
You really have to use your meteor at about the same times as in the video. It's really important to use reinforcements to hold up the sorcerers on the top right until you have them bunched for a meteor. If they make it forward your towers won't be able to handle the skeletons.
The barracks and golems all have to be on the final row at the end for the final rush before the rock guys start coming out. That final rush was where I failed almost every time before.
Wish I could see a video of that strategy variation you used - this game version is still unbeaten by me - my towers simply get overwhelmed by sheer numbers of enemies which come out just prior to the bad Elementals, whether or not I bombard the skeleton-making Cleric-type enemies.
Even just 1 Tesla tower would make a *huge* difference!
Well , I have beaten every stage on easy and normal
Only hard one I have beaten is level 4 ( Two towers , maximum Artillery and maximum Barracks )
its very simple. keep the rain of fire for the dudes that shield others and make a wizard with summoning at the gates of the graveyard
How did you modify your strategy from the one in that YouTube video? I'd follow it, but it's a hacked version. (They had all upgrades which is impossible with 62 stars)
I also have tried about 50 times to beat this one on iron/hard but failed every time. Especially those skeleton archers from the graveyard give me a hard time. For each enemy you kill a skeleton or a skeleton archer seems to spawn depending on the level of the one you killed.
I tried arch towers with poison and wrath upgrades, rock elemental strategies, a lot of paladins or magic towers but to no avail. I'm giving up right now. Maybe one of the developers could comments on if there is proof this one is beatable or has been beaten. Thx.
skeleton archers = skeleton knights.
I used no premium content and had beaten any other level before on hard. Maybe it's possible with the extra gold and heroes... But every video I see on Youtube or in the walkthrough uses another version (not 1.13) or not on hard. The amount of skeleton knights seems to be much lower in these.
I'm playing with kingdom rush in armorgames (i don't know which version is), i've beaten all levels on hard mode, i miss only level 12 on iron! I've tried many times but nothing,,do you have any suggestions?
Finally got it with this guy setup, tried like 10 times, and used same hero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03dowRy96OQ
its always the blood hounds coming with the huge pack of shielding deamonds that kills me right before the archers and rock summons appear i almost made it many times, but then realized i was probably cheating,,,(i had too much stars),,,, and yet cant beat it? wtf
Its hard, but beatable, i undestand that you raged about it, but there is no reason to swearing, so i will alert a mod abou your swearing post and he may delete it.
You need no cheat, videos... well, i never watched a video, they are good to block your own thinking^^
Better watch what the enemys does and alter your strategy... no one said this is easy to make^^
This strategy makes it easy:
1) You must kill the sets of marauders with 2 rains like in the video
2) Stop the first necromancers near the entrance and kill them all with 1 rain of fire. You must get them all before they summon skeletons.
3) You must kill the demons who come at the same time with dark lords with rain of fire
4) Sell the most upper archer tower after the wave of demons have passed it and upgrade to 2 holy orders and holy strikes. Also buy 2 elementals.
5) When you have big group of demons packed into same place near the end with your elementals and paladins, kill them all with rain of fire
6) Buy max teleport to arcane tower and max paladins holy strike
I also tried this on the hard setting more than 100 times without success. Here's 2 screens of how I finally managed to win it (Flash/PC/1.13):
under the PAUSE notice is a barracks and a ranger tower
Couple of notes. If you made it this far in the game, you probably know, but just in case, just a couple points:
(1) I had to buy and sell some towers, as you can see. Some levels you can just buy towers and sit on them, but I had to swap to get through this one.
(2) There was a horde of skeletons and imps that made it right to the doorstep. I was watching it and expected another loss. It was really that close. If you see your soldiers from the barracks fall, upgrade and new ones will come right out. Same thing with the wizard's elementals, which seem to be pretty good at defending that area. Watch the elemental's health, and when it gets low, before it crumbles, bump up that tower's Special Abilities/Elemental setting one level. When you do that, the elemental's health instantly gets 100% refreshed.
(3) For the wave of magma elementals at the end, I bought a musketeer tower with the sniper upgrade.
(4) It is important to get those 4 necromancers early. If you put a barracks in their way, at that top-right plot, they'll stop when they come out and start their ranged attack. That's fine, wait until they're all out, then drop the meteors on them, when the 4 are grouped. If one or more of them survive, keep after them. Keep placing reinforcements to attack them. Without artillery, they're a lot of trouble.
(5) Instead of placing reinforcements in the path of the skeletons emerging out of the graveyard, place your reinforcements just to the right. They will stay alive much longer, and have their ranged spear attack to hit the skeletons with.
(edit: I apparently got the forum code for images wrong)
You must be logged in to post a reply!