ForumsThe Tavern"PC Only" Video Rant

5 2999
dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

I hate that when on my Kindle Fire, it says "This video can only be viewed on a PC." Why does it have to be a PC? Why can't I just watch it from the Kindle? I hate it.

• 5 Replies
Terry_Logic
Terry_Logic
4,484 posts
Jester

The owner of the video may have restricted which devices the video can be played on, but I'm not sure how common that actually is.

Anyway, Kindle Fire users seem to be commonly experiencing similar problems with their devices.

dr_doughnut
dr_doughnut
72 posts
Nomad

The owner of the video may have restricted which devices the video can be played on, but I'm not sure how common that actually is.

Skrillex and Deadmau5 do that. I hate that I cannot listen to them.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'm not really knowledgeable about those gadgets, but aren't they made primarily to read stuff?

Anyway, could it be that there are certain programs not running on Kindle? Like how you couldn't play anything Flash based on iPads? Or is it really on certain specific videos?

ChiakixSama
ChiakixSama
9 posts
Nomad

Skrillex and Deadmau5 do that. I hate that I cannot listen to them.

You have been ranting about this to me a lot.

I'm not really knowledgeable about those gadgets, but aren't they made primarily to read stuff?

I have to agree, this may be the primary reason why. The kindle was not purely made for youtube browsing, therefore, the videos are not as accessible like they would be on a device made for that.
IAgreeWithYou
IAgreeWithYou
509 posts
Nomad

The reason they do it is because the advertisement on mobile (Or kindle in your case) go directly to youtube. This means that they don't get any of the money for you watching the advertisement.

Rather than do that, they just turn mobile off. (As it is usually only 5% of the audience)

Showing 1-5 of 5