Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Games Simillar to XCOM

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 7:55pm

Fredman12

Fredman12

47 posts

Hi,

I normaly dont talk on here much but I have been a little bored likely and I was wondering if any of you could recommend some game titles for me. I realy like the turned based strategy games with RPG elements (like. XCOM, Wesnoth, Alien Invasion...etc.) I dont realy care much for the age of the game. if its good enough I wont care.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 9:01pm

d_dude

d_dude

3,589 posts

Well the same company made the Civilization series, it's also a turn based strategy. The newest one is Civilization V. There's also Age of Empires which is a bit older.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 9:58pm

Fredman12

Fredman12

47 posts

I was thinking of Civilization. I guess I will have to try that one out. Isnt Age of Empires and RTS though

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 12:29am

Freakenstein

Freakenstein

9,286 posts

{Moving to VideoGames forum so more people who view video game threads can see it}

Posted Apr 28, '13 at 5:55am

Spore

Spore

1,143 posts

I personally love XCOM: Enemy Unknown, man that game is so amazing but very underrated. Since Civilization 5 has been mentioned, I can recommend you a medieval version of XCOM, search for Heroes 6. It is a turn-based RPG with a lengthy campaign.

Posted May 1, '13 at 4:02am

jmababa

jmababa

53 posts

xcom enemy unknown not that good personally cause ive played fallout 3 and 4 they much better than xcom enemy unkown and almost alike

Posted May 1, '13 at 4:13pm

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

xcom enemy unknown not that good personally cause ive played fallout 3 and 4 they much better than xcom enemy unkown and almost alike

Actually play the ****ing game and try again. There's not even such a thing as Fallout 4.

Posted May 1, '13 at 7:29pm

Jacen96

Jacen96

3,114 posts

Actually play the ****ing game and try again. There's not even such a thing as Fallout 4.
He probably means New Vegas.

The Civ games are a good suggestion, I have played every one up through 4 (no expansions).

several things you should know about what they changed, shields (production) were changed to hammers in 4.

You can no longer stack units as of 5.

Governments were removed in 4, you now choose individual aspects (I really like having democracy with state property and serfdom)

cities in 5 can only have one defending unit, but also have their own defense as well.

~~~Darth Caedus

Posted May 5, '13 at 10:41am

ihsahn

ihsahn

431 posts

OP might want to check out Frozen Synapse. It's a great strategical turn-based shooter, though it doesn't have all the RPG stuff.

Posted May 8, '13 at 4:07am

Parsat

Parsat

2,223 posts

If you have PS3, I would heartily recommend Valkyria Chronicles.

Reply to Games Simillar to XCOM

You must be logged in to post a reply!