Forums

ForumsForum Games

Nova: Renegade (Superhero RPG with a twist)

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 10:37pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,214 posts

The Heroes of legend, Chris Mantis and Jack Manning have disappeared. One's rumored dead, while the other most likely in hiding. A corporation known as the Guild has been overthrown. SHADE has become a national defense agency. All is calm, until today. Buried under thousands of miles of earth, a digging crew has discovered a vault, forged at the beginning of time. They call it the Millennium Vault. There's a dark force lurking, mysterious disappearances, that most news sources ignore. Maybe they're afraid they'll be next. Maybe they're being controlled. Whatever the case, it's time for a revolution. The chips manufactured as Brain Hack Software gives you powers. They can be easily tampered with, sometimes even to be fatal. The Chips have been recalled recently, though not by the manufacturers... by the government themselves. Something fishy's in the air, and something must be done.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Phys. desc:
------------
Powers: (1-2 powers, anything you can think of, and no, unlimited powers or every power does not count as a power, sorry.)
Allies: None
Enemies: None
Inventory: None
-----------
EP: 100/100
HP: 100/100
DP: (Defense Points) 0
XP: 0/5
Level: 1

Rules:
No determining the outcome of your action.
No controlling characters that aren't you.
You are not god. Don't act like it.
Yes, you can and will meet up with other players.
Have Fun.

Feel free to ask any questions, I don't really think FAQ's are efficient, as they're just guesses of what people may ask.

-Spirit

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 10:44pm

sonic20

sonic20

236 posts

Name: "Afterburner" Alex Rossman
Bio: Originally recruited as a secretive facility security guard, He was knocked out and crippled by nick stone invading the research facility that he worked in. His last memory of that was a burning facility, filled with corpses. After that day when he woke up he found the cosmic rays in the facility to have altered him while he was knocked out. With this, he discovered about his fire manipulation powers. As he had amnesia from the attack, He could only remember that scene. He vowed to set out to find out who he was. Inventing the name afterburner, he eventually united with another survivor of the incident, "Cross Slash"- And the mutant "The Human Rock" to get this done once and for all. (LONG BACKSTORY)
Personality: Clever, Inventive, Quick to anger.
Phys.desc: Roughly looks like a slightly older teenager, but with multiple scars from the incident.
------------
Powers: Fire and Heat Manipulation
Allies: "Cross-Slash" and "The Human Rock"
-----------
DP: 0

Totally didn't copy and paste this.
Even though I did.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 10:47pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,214 posts

You gotta rewrite your character sheet, copy the new one, and change a few details like ones involving Nick Stone. Also, sorry, you cannot be a crippled superhuman.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 10:59pm

sonic20

sonic20

236 posts

You gotta rewrite your character sheet, copy the new one, and change a few details like ones involving Nick Stone. Also, sorry, you cannot be a crippled superhuman.

Actually, I did have the decency to rewrite the sheet to make it look suitable for this. Okay, let me fix the whole thing-
(Also, There WERE no nick stone details. I cut them out because it was kind of obvious)

Bio: Originally a guard for a lab incident in Ohio, he was there to experience a massive incident in which the lab itself was destabilized. While most died, Alex managed to survive and was changed by the cosmic waves within it.
As he was found alive, he was brought into a hospital to recover. Shortly after he went back to his apartment, he accidentally lit his carpet on fire learning of these powers and after hearing the recent news, he heads out to discover what happened with the media shutting up these odd situations.
Phys.desc: Roughly looks like a slightly older teenager. Brown hair put up in spikes, And mostly wears a jacket with jeans.
------------
Allies:
-----------

... So, is everything okay?

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 11:07pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,214 posts

Bio: Originally a guard for a lab incident in Ohio, he was there to experience a massive incident in which the lab itself was destabilized. While most died, Alex managed to survive and was changed by the cosmic waves within it.
As he was found alive, he was brought into a hospital to recover. Shortly after he went back to his apartment, he accidentally lit his carpet on fire learning of these powers and after hearing the recent news, he heads out to discover what happened with the media shutting up these odd situations.
Phys.desc: Roughly looks like a slightly older teenager. Brown hair put up in spikes, And mostly wears a jacket with jeans.
------------
Allies:
-----------

You're in a Cafe, drinking a Cappucino when the news story about the Millennium Vault comes on. You're not paying much attention, so you hear the details drift in and out. "They've tried every measure to open it... Made of a hard, black, Onyx-like material... They've dated it back to around the beginning of the universe... Unsure of it's contents... Will be on display at the Museum of Time and Space... This is a momentous discovery for citizens of 2045... Possibly related to the Time Disturbances several years ago when the creature from Project Gremlin was destroyed..." Eventually, another story about the recall of Brain Hack Chips. Someone changes the channel to the Gaming Tournament 2045.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 11:15pm

sonic20

sonic20

236 posts

------------
Allies:
-----------

I look behind me and sharply say-
"Switch that channel back."
I know something is fishy about that millennium vault.
I just have to figure out what.

Posted Apr 25, '13 at 11:40pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

1,682 posts

Hey blk2860 can I still use my old character Chris Mantis or should I make a new one?

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 4:57pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,214 posts

(Use Chris Mantis, but rewrite the bio so it includes what happened in Reloaded, Also, edit it, so it fits the new character sheet.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 4:58pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,214 posts

------------
Allies:
-----------

"And what if I don't?" A snide voice replies, followed by snickering.

Posted Apr 26, '13 at 6:00pm

shadowgun453

shadowgun453

1,682 posts

How long ago was the battle against gremlin beast, (in years).

Reply to Nova: Renegade (Superhero RPG with a twist)

You must be logged in to post a reply!