ForumsThe TavernHard Swearing

19 5541
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Do you think a 13 year old could swear as hard, if not, harder than a 18 year old?

• 19 Replies
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

They could, but should they?

Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

I'm more curious as to what constitutes a 'hard' swear.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I have the same question.

I'd say a hard swear has enough force to move light objects off of tables and and cause light superfluous damage to buildings.

A soft swear is too weak to penetrate through clothing, much like beta radiation.
--------

Seriously, I think both age groups are capable.
Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

You and me are on the same boat. I'm assuming 'hard' swearing means using a variety of swear words.

If so, it really depends on the person and intelligence. What would a 13 year old have to swear about? Now look at what a 18 year old would have to swear about. I think my point is quiet clear.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

If so, it really depends on the person and intelligence.

It has little to nothing to do with intelligence. They're all words that are easily accessible.
I think my point is quiet clear.

Nope.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I don't think he means hard with the swear

I imagine he means it like how people say "ball so hard [...] "
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

Do you think a 13 year old could swear as hard, if not, harder than a 18 year old?

From how he has it worded..the "hard" is describing the act of swearing..not the swear words themselves.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

We are just going to have to wait and see what OP says on the matter

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

It has little to nothing to do with intelligence. They're all words that are easily accessible.

Alright then. How about swearing for no reason. Like say f*** every sentence. I've seen people do that. Does that have a factor in this equation? I'd think so.

I think my point is quiet clear.

Nope.

Point is: Life sucks.
GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

How about swearing for no reason. Like say f*** every sentence. I've seen people do that. Does that have a factor in this equation? I'd think so.

Why does it matter to you?
What would a 13 year old have to swear about? Now look at what a 18 year old would have to swear about.

Point is: Life sucks.

All lives are different. Some 13 year olds have it worse than some 18 year olds, and vice-versa. Regardless, you don't need a reason to use certain words.
roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

Well, I use very offensive words. I even call a girl..... Well, you know what I said to that.... I can't say it here on AG. I might be banned again.

roydotor2000
roydotor2000
340 posts
Nomad

If you think I got coprolalia, I don't.

Minotaur55
Minotaur55
1,373 posts
Blacksmith

Why does it matter to you?

You know... I don't know why. I see your point.

All lives are different. Some 13 year olds have it worse than some 18 year olds, and vice-versa. Regardless, you don't need a reason to use certain words.

True indeed, Matrix. True indeed.

Well, I use very offensive words. I even call a girl..... Well, you know what I said to that.... I can't say it here on AG. I might be banned again.

I swear as well. Not on a regular basis but often enough. It doesn't help with my daily headaches though.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I swear in every second sentence teehee.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

The entire first page is dedicated to trying to figure out in what sense did you mean "hard"..and this is what you have to say?
Showing 1-15 of 19