ForumsWEPRWhy do so many hate Muslims

185 65185
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

People can't seem to understand that one group does not define a religion. I know several Muslims and studied Islam and it is a noble religion if you ask me.

• 185 Replies
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I believe Greg Gutfield summed it up well... "I hate the Muslims who kill us, and the Muslims who applaud those who kill us, and those who don't actively oppose it", I may have messed this quote up slightly but not intentionally.
Greg is a Co-Host of Red Eye and The Five, he is also an author of several books.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I find that in a very Liberal culture anyone who hates Muslims, African-Americans, Asians, or really anyone who isn't a white male, is aautomatically branded as a racist, sexist, hater, or other harsh slurs. When Islam was founded, hating someone who belonged to a group of people who had attacked you and killed many of your own was normal and in fact smiled upon. I'm not saying that this is good but this is human nature.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

"I hate the Muslims who kill us, and the Muslims who applaud those who kill us, and those who don't actively oppose it", I may have messed this quote up slightly but not intentionally.

I don't actively oppose any number of extremist terrorists groups because they don't concern my life. Do you hate me? That's a stupid reason for hating someone.
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I don't actively oppose any number of extremist terrorists groups because they don't concern my life.

So you don't oppose and/or object to racial terrorism because it only hurts those who you can't see or hear and as far as you're concerned is not a problem?
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

So you don't oppose and/or object to racial terrorism because it only hurts those who you can't see or hear and as far as you're concerned is not a problem?

I oppose it. I don't actively oppose it. I don't agree with al-Qaeda's point of view, or Assad's terror tactics, but I don't actively oppose them by fighting them, or donating money. So no, it is a problem, but not a problem I can do anything about actively.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

I believe Greg Gutfield summed it up well... "I hate the Muslims who kill us, and the Muslims who applaud those who kill us, and those who don't actively oppose it"

So I'm guessing you are actively opposing the Christian extremists in the world?
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

So I'm guessing you are actively opposing the Christian extremists in the world?

Don't be silly, there are no Christian extremists. None of those people are Christians if they do bad things.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

I relish sarcasm.

thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Yes.
Don't be silly, there are no Christian extremists. None of those people are Christians if they do bad things.

You are setting yourself up for a online beating.. Though by principal I must agree.
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

I oppose it. I don't actively oppose it. I don't agree with al-Qaeda's point of view, or Assad's terror tactics, but I don't actively oppose them by fighting them, or donating money. So no, it is a problem, but not a problem I can do anything about actively.

I believe there must have been a error in communication, I meant actively as in you are opposing, inactively as in not against it.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

You are setting yourself up for a online beating.. Though by principal I must agree.

How so? His sarcasm is right...there are Christian extremists

I believe there must have been a error in communication, I meant actively as in you are opposing, inactively as in not against it.

That is not being actively against it. Being actively against it implies acts such as picketing, rioting, rebellion, etc. (yes..I progressively went more aggressive forms)
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

The point is, no group wants to affiliate with the radicals, yet the radicals -are- still followers of said religion. Does this mean all Christians/Muslims are bad if one group takes it to the extreme? Of course not. Do those people still exist? Yes.

You can't make the argument that someone who does something you don't personally agree with is something they're not, because you don't want them to be.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Then wouldn't it be a ****some easier to state whether you're against, or not against?
thugtastic
thugtastic
162 posts
Peasant

Yeah, no Christian wants to be affiliated with the Westboro Baptists as no Muslims want to be affiliated with the terrorists.

MageGrayWolf
MageGrayWolf
9,470 posts
Farmer

Yeah, no Christian wants to be affiliated with the Westboro Baptists as no Muslims want to be affiliated with the terrorists.

it is true that such extremist groups are not representative of others in the religion. They do however put a magnifying glass on the parts of the religion that others tend to ignore. That is kind of the problem with these group and the religion they are part of as a whole. These extremists are very much backed by certain parts of their religious text. The extremist is simply ignoring parts the average believer accepts and following parts the average believer ignores.
Showing 166-180 of 185