Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why do so many hate Muslims

Posted May 11, '13 at 8:02pm

KnightDeclan

KnightDeclan

487 posts

I wasnt talking to u kasic...

Posted May 11, '13 at 8:06pm

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

I wasnt talking to u kasic...

maybe you should start quoting people then. show us what you respond to. (like we all do)

Posted May 11, '13 at 10:31pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

I detest any group that subscribes to literature dictating to kill all nonbelievers, or worship a god who claims he'll make his arrows drunk with blood as his sword devours flesh.

Then you live in a hate-filled world, because that implies you hate all religions. That's plain ignorant, misanthropic, distrustful, and places too much emphasis on words that even believers don't take at face value.

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:03pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

Then you live in a hate-filled world

Of course I do. When someone says "I believe you're deserving of a painful life, dishonorable death, eternal torture, etc, and I'm praying to the guy who will bring it because He's on my side and hates you (veiled threat)", don't expect love.

because that implies you hate all religions.

Certainly not all, but quite a few.

That's plain ignorant

How is it ignorant to realize that Yahweh was a war god in the Caananite pantheon and his cult spread and grew? To say He's all about love is misguided.

and places too much emphasis on words that even believers don't take at face value.

They claim the words come directly from their divine, all-powerful source. How much emphasis should be put on it?

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:23pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Of course I do. When someone says "I believe you're deserving of a painful life, dishonorable death, eternal torture, etc, and I'm praying to the guy who will bring it because He's on my side and hates you (veiled threat)", don't expect love.

You're living in a hate filled world of your own creation, because the vast majority of Muslims don't believe in the violence stipulated in the Quran.

They claim the words come directly from their divine, all-powerful source. How much emphasis should be put on it?

And yet, much of the Muslim populace is against terrorism and violence in general. They don't 100% stick to the verses as stipulated in the Quran.

How is it ignorant to realize that Yahweh was a war god in the Caananite pantheon and his cult spread and grew? To say He's all about love is misguided.

It is ignorant, because in reality, most adherents don't preach violence.

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:35pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

because the vast majority of Muslims don't believe in the violence stipulated in the Quran.
much of the Muslim populace is against terrorism and violence in general.
most adherents don't preach violence.

Yes, the people themselves generally are decent because they refuse to act upon such things. They happen to be more moral than their deity, yet they claim adherence. Some disagree with their book's orders, but they still claim they come from the most-high source, so they must be unquestionably true and good and righteous. Some act upon those presuppositions.

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:45pm

Kasic

Kasic

5,590 posts

I see nothing wrong with hating a religion (the idea itself). Especially the 3 top ones, which have a plethora of reasons to dislike them. While the people who practice them are most often good people, that doesn't change what's in their holy books and what they purportedly believe.

Posted May 12, '13 at 12:19am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

I guess what I'm getting at is the "Without religion, good people would be good. Bad people would be bad. Making good people go bad takes religion." My usual case is Ziad Jarrah, flight 93's hijack pilot. He was smart, went to college in Germany for aerospace and stuff. He dressed western, socialized western, had a close girlfriend for years and a good moderately wealthy family, had the distanced sort of "yeah, God's there, pray, it's all good" interpretation that many people tend to have, not highly devout or heavily indoctrinated, befriended some of the radicals who considered his religious views weak. His wedding was planed for 9/22, he bought a suit and told his family on 9/9 that he was excited for it. Then the group said Allah needs you, so he writes a lengthy suicide note and attempts to crash a plane into a building.

Posted May 12, '13 at 12:30am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

had the distanced sort of "yeah, God's there, pray, it's all good" interpretation that many people tend to have, not highly devout or heavily indoctrinated

That's what scares the crap out of me because that's where I was for years.

Posted May 12, '13 at 1:32am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,164 posts

Knight

Yes, the people themselves generally are decent because they refuse to act upon such things. They happen to be more moral than their deity, yet they claim adherence. Some disagree with their book's orders, but they still claim they come from the most-high source, so they must be unquestionably true and good and righteous. Some act upon those presuppositions.

Some act upon them. Yet these are blacksheep that stain the name of the religion, which otherwise, does not need to be lambasted. Hate, is an extremely strong word, and serves nothing to resolve this raging sectarian divide. Dislike seems appropriate, but hatred indicates an overzealous and active intolerance and repelledness.

Reply to Why do so many hate Muslims

You must be logged in to post a reply!