Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why do so many hate Muslims

Posted May 20, '13 at 9:11pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,677 posts

Knight

Yeah, no Christian wants to be affiliated with the Westboro Baptists as no Muslims want to be affiliated with the terrorists.

it is true that such extremist groups are not representative of others in the religion. They do however put a magnifying glass on the parts of the religion that others tend to ignore. That is kind of the problem with these group and the religion they are part of as a whole. These extremists are very much backed by certain parts of their religious text. The extremist is simply ignoring parts the average believer accepts and following parts the average believer ignores.

Posted May 24, '13 at 8:18am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

But here's a BIG fact : More and more Christian are starting to go to Church , but Muslim are less likely going to Mosques .

both wrong. christianity is losing modern day influence, while those muslims who believe tend to be a little more adherent to the rules of islam than christians are to christianity. I wonder why.

**** I MUST GO TO SCHOOL

I don't know why you would put this here, nobody actually cares.

-Blade

Posted May 24, '13 at 8:24am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

both wrong. christianity is losing modern day influence, while those muslims who believe tend to be a little more adherent to the rules of islam than christians are to christianity. I wonder why.

he talks about his country. ive heard the same sounds befor from east-europe. (hungary i think. not sure tho.)
so it can be plausible for that region i guess.

Posted May 24, '13 at 8:27am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

he talks about his country. ive heard the same sounds befor from east-europe. (hungary i think. not sure tho.)
so it can be plausible for that region i guess.

if he meant that region, then he should state first "in the area I live in," first. how am I supposed to know if he meant his area (even though the "big fact" part was a pretty good indicator that he meant universally)

-Blade

Posted May 24, '13 at 8:38am

partydevil

partydevil

5,097 posts

he did twice at the beginning of his post.
it all was about his observation in his country.
not meant universally. =)

Posted May 24, '13 at 10:10am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,077 posts

Knight

I feel that it's more complex than that. Certainly more people are becoming less influenced by religion, but we do see more changes within the demographic itself; Catholicism is on the wane in Latin America for example, but DIY evangelism is on the rise.

Reply to Why do so many hate Muslims

You must be logged in to post a reply!