ForumsWEPRWhy do so many hate Muslims

185 65229
Lanod
Lanod
28 posts
Nomad

People can't seem to understand that one group does not define a religion. I know several Muslims and studied Islam and it is a noble religion if you ask me.

• 185 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Or perhaps they've had all too much experience dealing with the "religion of peace" personally.

right... -.-'

the majority of the people do not have such experiences. the majority just make their conclusions of the media.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

i would even think that people that had actual experience whit muslim faith are more likely to have a good view instead of hating them for their religion.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

yeah so?

Telling you that you should not have too many sexual partners as you might catch an std.

God, this is like when you said that you are against homosexuality because it can be dangerous to the homosexual himself. Well my friend, it sounds like it might be the time for you to realize the difference between [i]suggestion
and IMPOSITION. Yes, it's VERY nice of you to worry about people's health, but HOW does that justify making decisions for them and forcing the behaviors you want on them, taking their basic freedom away from them?? It turns out that other people are full grown adults who have the right to take their own responsibilities and decide their own actions, and guess what, accepting you or any other religious fanatic as a loving fatherly figure to protect them from the dangers of the outer world is the LAST THING THEY WANT.

--

Wow, congratulations! It had been a long while since someone got me to lose my **** that bad. How the hell can you get this dishonest about your religion, or yourself? You're a sick person who gets sadistic enjoyment from taking away people's freedom and human rights, well, okay, we're used to that. But at the very least, ADMIT IT! DON'T TRY TO HIDE IT ALL BEHIND THIS SICK SMILEY CARING FACE!
!
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Youâre asking me sincerely to respond to his griping?

Yes. The onus is on the person stating his views, in this case you, to be clear, instead of moaning on and on in such a patronizing way that other people can't understand you when you merely paste pictures.
thepunisher93
thepunisher93
1,825 posts
Nomad

God, this is like when you said that you are against homosexuality because it can be dangerous to the homosexual himself. Well my friend, it sounds like it might be the time for you to realize the difference between [i]suggestion and IMPOSITION. Yes, it's VERY nice of you to worry about people's health, but HOW does that justify making decisions for them and forcing the behaviors you want on them, taking their basic freedom away from them?? It turns out that other people are full grown adults who have the right to take their own responsibilities and decide their own actions, and guess what, accepting you or any other religious fanatic as a loving fatherly figure to protect them from the dangers of the outer world is the LAST THING THEY WANT.

--

Don\\t side track, I am sure you got my message.

Wow, congratulations! It had been a long while since someone got me to lose my **** that bad. How the hell can you get this dishonest about your religion, or yourself? You're a sick person who gets sadistic enjoyment from taking away people's freedom and human rights, well, okay, we're used to that. But at the very least, ADMIT IT! DON'T TRY TO HIDE IT ALL BEHIND THIS SICK SMILEY CARING FACE!

Since the time you have posted on this thread, you never had your **** together, I am not the one who made you lose your ****.
Just come out of closet an say you hate muslims already.
Wow, congratulations! It had been a long while since someone got me to lose my **** that bad. How the hell can you get this dishonest about your religion, or yourself? You're a sick person who gets sadistic enjoyment from taking away people's freedom and human rights, well, okay, we're used to that. But at the very least, ADMIT IT! DON'T TRY TO HIDE IT ALL BEHIND THIS SICK SMILEY CARING FACE!,

You don't know half the things about me and are accusing me of all this.
This truly does show your nature.
You could not counter my arguments so you attack my character?
WOW
Your posts and the way you write, the sites you link tells me a few things about you too, and they ain't good.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

Yes I got your message, or at least I think so: you tried to make your religion's harmful impositions look like warm and nice suggestions, while refusing to acknowledge how you are FORCING these behaviours on people. If you really cared for those people, you would respect their own freedom to decide and to disagree. That's what I replied to, all I replied to.

Just come out of closet an say you hate muslims already.

As a matter of fact I have already made a post in this thread in which I say that I disapprove Islam and provided my reasons.
Your posts and the way you write, the sites you link tells me  a few things about you too, and they ain't good.

The... sites I link? Okay, I guess.
wolf1991
wolf1991
3,440 posts
Farmer

This would be far more progressive if we actually had a clear opinion from catnip. So, do you have something against Islam or not?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

How would you know why the majority of people who hate Islam hate Islam? How could you even possibly measure that?

The examples you site are more often than not, single incidents. Wouldn't researching on Polls (Of which there are many) be are far more insightful, and reliable way of ascertaining the reasons why?

From a public perspective, most Christians do not endorse the activities of the KKK and WBC, and would not treat a member of either of these organizations respectfully. When Muslims en masse do the same too, they will be seen as moderate. But, the leadership of many powerful Muslim sects, such as the Salafists, call for the forcible conversion of Jews, atheists, and Christians, call for Sharia law to be implemented in secular countries, and approve of such atrocities as pedophilia, child suicide bombing, and genocide.

I call hogwash on this. You would be surprised at the number of people on say, the radical Christian right.

As for your skewed view of Islam, that's a pity. Yes, many sects call for such acts. But so do many other religions. And more importantly, you're indeed a bigot for thinking that such a large number of Muslims are like that. For example, Very few Muslim Americans â" just 1% â" say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are often justified to defend Islam from its enemies; an additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified in these circumstances. Fully 81% say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilians are never justified. Comparably small percentages of Muslim Americans express favorable views of al Qaeda, and the current poll finds more holding very unfavorable views of al Qaeda now than in 2007.

Or how about the fact that in 2010, Europe had 249 documented terrorist attacks or plots, of which only three involved Muslims. In 2011, there were 174 such episodes â" with Muslims accounting for zero?

Perhaps you're unfortunate to come across and live with many Muslims, peaceful or not, but I live in a region filled with them, and some of my best buddies are Muslims. They're not the crazy bloodthirsty people you portray them to be.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

Yes I got your message, or at least I think so: you tried to make your religion's harmful impositions look like warm and nice suggestions, while refusing to acknowledge how you are FORCING these behaviours on people. If you really cared for those people, you would respect their own freedom to decide and to disagree. That's what I replied to, all I replied to.

Sorry if we don't gel with your Westerno-centric point of view.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

If your problem is that I "impose" my views based on freedom on other people, then allow me to remind you that those people are imposing (no inverted commas, this time) their views based on slavery on other people. And this is just a last resort stance assuming you refuse personal freedom as an universal value.
gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

But that is kind of beyond the point anyway: in that particular quote I wasn't criticizing religious based oppression in general, just thepunisher's way of making it look like a caring heart's suggestions.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Well, your report of an Imam may be unsubstantiated.

But, the leadership of many powerful Muslim sects, such as the Salafists, call for the forcible conversion of Jews, atheists, and Christians, call for Sharia law to be implemented in secular countries, and approve of such atrocities as pedophilia, child suicide bombing, and genocide.

Keywords are important.

Like how hundreds of thousands in Bangladesh called for atheist bloggers to be killed recently?

Oh, tell me how this is representative for each and every muslim community!

I read it in a very serious journal; it is only when googling for articles that I realized they didn't mention it. I trust that journal way more than a few internet news reports.

Furthermore, you might not want to ascribe motives to people you don't know.

Who do you mean by that? The Imam or the writer of the article?

-----
Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to justify the atrocities that are being done by some of the more radical religious people. All I'm saying is, being muslim says nothing of your personality; it encompasses so many different ideals depending on who you ask... just like christianity.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Sorry, the first quote should be a few lines lower.

wontgetmycatnip
wontgetmycatnip
95 posts
Peasant

First two are Idiots, what's wrong with the third? I mean what yu see as bad in the third?

The fatwa could be seen as an excuse for marital rape. In Western society, rape is never considered acceptable.

yeah so?

Some people consider circumcision to be inhumane, as you are performing what they consider cosmetic surgery or worse on a child without his/her permission.

look at the storyabove, first ever integrated prom in a highschool. based on this, should I consider all americans racist pricks?

If every or most Americans you had personally encountered were "racist pricks", you might begin to consider all Americans "racist pricks". You might even begin to hate them.

i would even think that people that had actual experience whit muslim faith are more likely to have a good view instead of hating them for their religion.

If the experience overall is positive or at least neutral, than yes. If someone has had bad experiences with the Muslim faith, as Mosab Hassan Yousef, they would quite likely hold a dim view of Islam.

This would be far more progressive if we actually had a clear opinion from catnip. So, do you have something against Islam or not?

A majority of Muslim political movements, governments, and NGO's behave in the worst of ways. But I don't have a strong opinion on "Muslims" and "Islam", since without further clarification, those terms cover a wide variety of both people and viewpoints.

The examples you site are more often than not, single incidents. Wouldn't researching on Polls (Of which there are many) be are far more insightful, and reliable way of ascertaining the reasons why?

1) People are not generalities, or percentages.
2) Polls, either by dishonesty, error, or chance, can come up with inaccurate results.

I call hogwash on this. You would be surprised at the number of people on say, the radical Christian right.

"That their beliefs are bonkers does not mean they are marginal. American pollsters believe that 15-18% of US voters belong to churches or movements which subscribe to these teachings. A survey in 1999 suggested that this figure included 33% of Republicans."

With no citation. I could just as credibly say that 100% of American Christians are extremists, or 0%.

As for your skewed view of Islam, that's a pity.

You can read my mind to figure out what my positions on various issues are? You should probably put your superpowers to better use.

Yes, many sects call for such acts. But so do many other religions. And more importantly, you're indeed a bigot for thinking that such a large number of Muslims are like that. For example, Very few Muslim Americans " just 1%" say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are often justified to defend Islam from its enemies; an additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified in these circumstances. Fully 81% say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilians are never justified. Comparably small percentages of Muslim Americans express favorable views of al Qaeda, and the current poll finds more holding very unfavorable views of al Qaeda now than in 2007.

My posts earlier in the thread were to explain why people would hate Muslims, they were not intended as value judgements of all Muslims. If you feel that explaining why the actions of Muslims and Islamic political entities would inspire hatred towards Muslims as a whole is bigoted, you should probably find a dictionary and look that word up.

The source you cited provides some support for your case; that being said, what people say in polls and what the believe personally are two different things.

Furthermore, while the study you linked to shows only 8% public support among American Muslims support for suicide bombing
http://www.people-press.org/2011/08/30/muslim-americans-no-signs-of-growth-in-alienation-or-support-for-extremism/
Others studies done by pew show much higher numbers, such as 13%, with 8% saying that suicide bombings were often or sometimes justified.
http://pewresearch.org/files/old-assets/pdf/muslim-americans.pdf#page=60

Oh, tell me how this is representative for each and every muslim community!

It isn't. It is, however, representative of the Bangladeshi Muslim community. As far as I can tell, it is mostly Muslims that are pushing blasphemy laws, in an effort to silence all criticism of Islam.

I read it in a very serious journal; it is only when googling for articles that I realized they didn't mention it. I trust that journal way more than a few internet news reports.

Do you have a citation for that, then?

Don't get me wrong, I am in no way trying to justify the atrocities that are being done by some of the more radical religious people. All I'm saying is, being muslim says nothing of your personality; it encompasses so many different ideals depending on who you ask... just like christianity.

Right. Even the radical Muslims generally try to do what they think is the right thing, and don't see themselves as evil.
HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

Do you have a citation for that, then?

Better. I had read it in the Courrier International, a French weekly journal. They cited the National Post as a source for this specific information. And here's what I found in one of their articles:

"According to Mohammed Robert Heft, a Toronto Muslim leader, Mr. Jaserâs father approached him several years ago with concerns about his sonâs hardening religious convictions. A different, well-known Toronto imam subsequently approached authorities about Mr. Jaserâs alleged extremist rhetoric."
National Post article

Oh, since I'm browsing that site, I found something I read in yet another newspaper, that is also quite interesting, in some way also for this topic:
"âThe biggest source of corruption in Afghanistan,â one U.S. official said, âwas the United States.â"
Article
Showing 31-45 of 185