Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Why do so many hate Muslims

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 7:07am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/bridging-divide-wilcox-county-high-school-students-hold-200912244.html

look at the storyabove,  first ever integrated prom in a highschool.
#based on this, should I consider all americans racist pricks?

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 7:25am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

Or perhaps they've had all too much experience dealing with the "religion of peace" personally.

right... -.-'

the majority of the people do not have such experiences. the majority just make their conclusions of the media.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 7:37am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

i would even think that people that had actual experience whit muslim faith are more likely to have a good view instead of hating them for their religion.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 8:42am

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

yeah so?

Telling you that you should not have too many sexual partners as you might catch an std.

God, this is like when you said that you are against homosexuality because it can be dangerous to the homosexual himself. Well my friend, it sounds like it might be the time for you to realize the difference between [i]suggestion and IMPOSITION. Yes, it's VERY nice of you to worry about people's health, but HOW does that justify making decisions for them and forcing the behaviors you want on them, taking their basic freedom away from them?? It turns out that other people are full grown adults who have the right to take their own responsibilities and decide their own actions, and guess what, accepting you or any other religious fanatic as a loving fatherly figure to protect them from the dangers of the outer world is the LAST THING THEY WANT.

--

Wow, congratulations! It had been a long while since someone got me to lose my **** that bad. How the hell can you get this dishonest about your religion, or yourself? You're a sick person who gets sadistic enjoyment from taking away people's freedom and human rights, well, okay, we're used to that. But at the very least, ADMIT IT! DON'T TRY TO HIDE IT ALL BEHIND THIS SICK SMILEY CARING FACE!
!

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 10:08am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

You’re asking me sincerely to respond to his griping?

Yes. The onus is on the person stating his views, in this case you, to be clear, instead of moaning on and on in such a patronizing way that other people can't understand you when you merely paste pictures.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 11:50am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

God, this is like when you said that you are against homosexuality because it can be dangerous to the homosexual himself. Well my friend, it sounds like it might be the time for you to realize the difference between [i]suggestion and IMPOSITION. Yes, it's VERY nice of you to worry about people's health, but HOW does that justify making decisions for them and forcing the behaviors you want on them, taking their basic freedom away from them?? It turns out that other people are full grown adults who have the right to take their own responsibilities and decide their own actions, and guess what, accepting you or any other religious fanatic as a loving fatherly figure to protect them from the dangers of the outer world is the LAST THING THEY WANT.

--

Don\\t side track, I am sure you got my message.

Wow, congratulations! It had been a long while since someone got me to lose my **** that bad. How the hell can you get this dishonest about your religion, or yourself? You're a sick person who gets sadistic enjoyment from taking away people's freedom and human rights, well, okay, we're used to that. But at the very least, ADMIT IT! DON'T TRY TO HIDE IT ALL BEHIND THIS SICK SMILEY CARING FACE!

Since the time you have posted on this thread, you never had your **** together, I am not the one who made you lose your ****.
Just come out of closet an say you hate muslims already.

Wow, congratulations! It had been a long while since someone got me to lose my **** that bad. How the hell can you get this dishonest about your religion, or yourself? You're a sick person who gets sadistic enjoyment from taking away people's freedom and human rights, well, okay, we're used to that. But at the very least, ADMIT IT! DON'T TRY TO HIDE IT ALL BEHIND THIS SICK SMILEY CARING FACE!,

You don't know half the things about me and are accusing me of all this.
This truly does show your nature.
You could not counter my arguments  so you attack my character?
WOW
Your posts and the way you write, the sites you link tells me  a few things about you too, and they ain't good.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 12:30pm

gaboloth

gaboloth

1,372 posts

Yes I got your message, or at least I think so: you tried to make your religion's harmful impositions look like warm and nice suggestions, while refusing to acknowledge how you are FORCING these behaviours on people. If you really cared for those people, you would respect their own freedom to decide and to disagree. That's what I replied to, all I replied to.

Just come out of closet an say you hate muslims already.

As a matter of fact I have already made a post in this thread in which I say that I disapprove Islam and provided my reasons.

Your posts and the way you write, the sites you link tells me  a few things about you too, and they ain't good.

The... sites I link? Okay, I guess.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 12:31pm

wolf1991

wolf1991

3,061 posts

This would be far more progressive if we actually had a clear opinion from catnip. So, do you have something against Islam or not?

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 12:38pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

How would you know why the majority of people who hate Islam hate Islam? How could you even possibly measure that?

The examples you site are more often than not, single incidents. Wouldn't researching on Polls (Of which there are many) be are far more insightful, and reliable way of ascertaining the reasons why?

From a public perspective, most Christians do not endorse the activities of the KKK and WBC, and would not treat a member of either of these organizations respectfully. When Muslims en masse do the same too, they will be seen as moderate. But, the leadership of many powerful Muslim sects, such as the Salafists, call for the forcible conversion of Jews, atheists, and Christians, call for Sharia law to be implemented in secular countries, and approve of such atrocities as pedophilia, child suicide bombing, and genocide.

I call hogwash on this. You would be surprised at the number of people on say, the radical Christian right.

As for your skewed view of Islam, that's a pity. Yes, many sects call for such acts. But so do many other religions. And more importantly, you're indeed a bigot for thinking that such a large number of Muslims are like that. For example, Very few Muslim Americans " just 1% " say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are often justified to defend Islam from its enemies; an additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified in these circumstances. Fully 81% say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilians are never justified. Comparably small percentages of Muslim Americans express favorable views of al Qaeda, and the current poll finds more holding very unfavorable views of al Qaeda now than in 2007.

Or how about the fact that in 2010, Europe had 249 documented terrorist attacks or plots, of which only three involved Muslims. In 2011, there were 174 such episodes " with Muslims accounting for zero?

Perhaps you're unfortunate to come across and live with many Muslims, peaceful or not, but I live in a region filled with them, and some of my best buddies are Muslims. They're not the crazy bloodthirsty people you portray them to be.

Posted Apr 29, '13 at 12:39pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,868 posts

Knight

Yes I got your message, or at least I think so: you tried to make your religion's harmful impositions look like warm and nice suggestions, while refusing to acknowledge how you are FORCING these behaviours on people. If you really cared for those people, you would respect their own freedom to decide and to disagree. That's what I replied to, all I replied to.

Sorry if we don't gel with your Westerno-centric point of view.

Reply to Why do so many hate Muslims

You must be logged in to post a reply!