ForumsProgramming ForumWant to make a game

6 6030
SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
165 posts
Peasant

I'm interested in trying to make a game, at the second, I want recommendations for what programs to create my game in, genres, etc.

• 6 Replies
DFBlocks
DFBlocks
19 posts
Peasant

OK frist thing fisrt
what game engine will you use?
screach the internet everywere i havnt found 1 yet
second are you a coder or artist if not coder par up with one if not artist par up with 1
third what will the game be about it good to have your own style game but you might want to think to your self how will i do this
thats my tips

kastor246
kastor246
213 posts
Nomad

Well first, You have to learn a programming language... Like maybe: Python, Java, C++, C#. I recommend Python but thats just my preference. The thing is you just don't make a game in one day of learning. Also you don't want to try to make a 3D game as your first game. What I did and still am doing was first I did a lot of text based games, then I would do 2D games, then i would do 3D games.

dilk
dilk
1 posts
Nomad

Armor games Accepts the engine (Adobe Flash Cs3) I don't know if they allow newer versions.

Midmenj
Midmenj
216 posts
Nomad

You should concentrate on what you enjoy doing if you make a game. If you don't like to program and you are the programmer the game will most likely end. If you are going to post on here you need Flash CS3,4,5,6 haha. If you want to post on the app store you need to use the developers kit on their website. I don't think you can use flash for iPhone games. (if I'm wrong feel free to prove me wrong)

as for genres, make your favorite genre. If your favorite genre is platforming and you try to make a shooter you don't know half as much stuff as you would if you tried to do platforming game.

Hope this helps.

(going to school for game design)

arc2433
arc2433
17 posts
Nomad

SectoidMedic I am also interested in making game how about we team up and work together.

passguy
passguy
3 posts
Scribe

i want to make a game but im not good at drawing

Showing 1-6 of 6