Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

Harsh Vocals (growls, screams, etc.)

Posted May 3, '13 at 4:32pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,315 posts

Knight

And it doesn't sound good to you..but to many of us it is a very enjoyable sound

For me, it is like an urge. On a daily basis I catch myself doing harsh vocals for no reason. It's a lot of fun for metalheads like pang and me.

Just did a little crap-quality video of myself doing an "inverse growl". I'll maybe post it later tonight. I'm sure Mino would like to see it a little bit =p haha

Do it! Tweet me, message me, I don't care man I want it here and I want it naw! lol

Posted May 3, '13 at 6:59pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,708 posts

Finish the sentence, pang.

I was quoting him..that is how he started his sentence. He states it as if that has been his point the entire time.

Do it! Tweet me

Find me on twitter then =p

On a daily basis I catch myself doing harsh vocals for no reason

Same for me haha
I'll tell you what though..sometimes people become quite shocked when they hear a female doing harsh vocals XD

Posted May 4, '13 at 2:25pm

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

Find me on twitter then =p

Tough one, I tried to find you on Twitter, but I could't find anything.

Posted May 5, '13 at 12:47am

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

pang is a transvestite?

(You didn't hear that from me lol)

Anyway, I'm not too particular when it comes to screaming, growling, unclean, or other th

Posted May 5, '13 at 12:50am

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

Oops.

ANYWAY, I meant to say that the different types of harsh vocals are, in my mind, equally awesome, so pick your poison.

Posted May 5, '13 at 8:44am

GandalftheGrey666

GandalftheGrey666

1,924 posts

pang is a transvestite?

http://www.memes.at/generate/cereal_guy_spitting.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRx_2Kuzp2W73aE4ysdaH5b2iP7qikYA9bw_AKs89hWvAjXQYIN

Posted May 5, '13 at 8:30pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,315 posts

Knight

pang is a transvestite?

I've heard rumors man! Maybe, I don't know. Hmm.... na. He's... non-tansvestial (yes I just made that up).

I'll tell you what though..sometimes people become quite shocked when they hear a female doing harsh vocals XD

I'd pay five hundred bucks to see that I swear.

Ok I learned something the hard way about harsh vocals, if you do harsh vocals and you are allergic to pollen, don't breathe threw your mouth during the Spring time or pollen season! I wound up with this nasty tickle in my throat and I sound like a screamo singer who can't do screamo.

Posted Jul 8, '13 at 2:55am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,708 posts

REVIVAL

A cute video has come my way..and I'd love to share it all with you.
6 year old does metal
Let's hope she grows up and finds herself in a good band!

-----

While listening to some songs..there is a sound of shouting/yell that I've heard a bit that has intrigued me. I would describe it like the screamer is on the last of his breath..maybe someone else can help with describing

Best example:
The back up vocalist/synth guy is that one I'm talking about..as well as when the singer does the higher pitched screams

Posted Jul 9, '13 at 11:48am

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,315 posts

Knight

6 year old does metal

She would do well in a metal band. The vocal technique not only has it's definition (which fits for black metal not screamo) but it's keys, which to be honest, to find at her age is incredible. She will do well in the future.

Best example:
The back up vocalist/synth guy is that one I'm talking about..as well as when the singer does the higher pitched screams

I don't like the lead vocalists technique. It has no keys. He hits only 1 or 2 keys, then the scream. There is no depth or length in the vocals. The backing vocalist is good though. He fills the void. Overall good song though.

Posted Jul 9, '13 at 6:06pm

killersup10

killersup10

2,766 posts

6 year old does metal

Killersup enjoys metal, hardcore punk, post hardcore, and listens to them quite frequently. Is it bad that Killersup didn't really like the girl? he watched the video, and after about 30 seconds of listening to the girl he had enough. Yes, she has talent, but...just...not the kind of metal that Killersup likes to listen to? It just wasn't up to the par that Killersup was expecting from all the hype. Not really calling her bad as much as just not liking her.

Reply to Harsh Vocals (growls, screams, etc.)

You must be logged in to post a reply!