OperationNilo

2,044 posts

Uhh yeah, I totally did it on purpose :I

Posted Jul 11, '13 at 7:35pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,226 posts

Knight

This song has nice harsh vocals in it. Though it doesn't have that pizzazz that I am looking for. Hard to find really good ones.

Lamb of God - Blacken The Cursed Sun

Posted Jul 12, '13 at 9:18pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

This song has nice harsh vocals in it. Though it doesn't have that pizzazz that I am looking for. Hard to find really good ones.

It was a good listen, although Killersup probably wouldn't spend 10$ to buy a whole album of theirs.

Posted Jul 15, '13 at 3:48am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

So one of my favorite bands, Dir en Grey, features quite an amazing vocalist, with one hell of an impressive range for vocals.

hageshisa to kono mune no naka de karamitsuita shakunetsu no yami

Different Sense

Agitated Screams of Maggots

Saku

Posted Jul 18, '13 at 9:01pm

HopeRidesAlone

HopeRidesAlone

17 posts

I havent really read much of the thread aside from the first couple of posts and the last couple.

I used to listen to a lot of metal in high school (it was definitely just a phase for me :P) and a lot of the bands I liked used these kinds of vocals. I remember looking up the lyrics to songs so I could tell people what the words were when they asked :P

One of the few bands from that phase of mine I still listen to is Dark Tranquility. Their music is awesome. Lyrics, melodies, everything about them.

One of my favourite songs by them is Monochromatic Stains

Their vocals actually aren't that unclear :P Probably one of the easier to understand bands out there. They even have some albums with totally clear lyrics I think..

Melodic Death Metal

Posted Jul 18, '13 at 11:16pm

Minotaur55

Minotaur55

1,226 posts

Knight

I remember looking up the lyrics to songs so I could tell people what the words were when they asked :P

Sometimes harsh vocalists enunciate so you can understand what they are saying, but it is a art to truly hear what the singer is saying in that form of register.

So one of my favorite bands, Dir en Grey, features quite an amazing vocalist, with one hell of an impressive range for vocals.

Those were actually nice songs. Hageshisa To Kono Mune No Naka De Karamitsuita Shakunetsu No Yami is my favorite from that list. My only complaint is that the vocals seemed a little too edited for my taste. I saw a live video of that song and it sounded a lot better as appose to the studio version. One rule of thumb I've found for harsh vocals is this: the less edited, the better.

Reply to Harsh Vocals (growls, screams, etc.)

You must be logged in to post a reply!