ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177041
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Lightly bruised
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 1/4, Snub-nosed Colt 5/6

(Both paths look identical.)

You head down the left path and soon come to a elevator.
There are two humanoid skeletal-looking robots standing by the side of the door cradling assault rifles to there chests.
As you approach they step towards you as one and both demand:
"Fluke raven s-s-syntax retreat"

Name: Gearun Stone
Description: Gearun was born in the middle East, he was raised there, his father died, and his mother couldn't work, and they were very poor, so he sought out work as a Miner, he learnt how to use a Pick Axe and Drill, he decided to move over to the lands of Minerals, looking for a bigger fortune.
Gearun is a 24 year old male ,he has straight, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow ish skin tone.
Currency:10$
Arms:Barb Spitter 5/6, Pocket pistol 3/4. Bolt Action Shotgun
Lead Packer 7/6
Armour:Gas Mask,Kevlar
State: Heavily bruised
Items:Pick Axe, Dry Rations, Nightstick, Weapon suppressor, Pair of Cuffs.

You cant unlatch the dead cops armor straps.
After a brief struggle you manage to haul of his backpack which makes him significantly lighter.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 1/4, Snub-nosed Colt 5/6

"You too!" I exclaim, stepping back. "Hadn't expected to meet you so soon! Give me a moment to think." I consider ducking behind something if possible.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Description: Gearun was born in the middle East, he was raised there, his father died, and his mother couldn't work, and they were very poor, so he sought out work as a Miner, he learnt how to use a Pick Axe and Drill, he decided to move over to the lands of Minerals, looking for a bigger fortune.
Gearun is a 24 year old male ,he has straight, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow ish skin tone.
Arms:Barb Spitter 5/6, Pocket pistol 3/4. Bolt Action Shotgun
Lead Packer 7/6
Looks in his backpack for anything of use.
Then rolls the lighter bod onto the vents.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The corner into the hall way with the elevator is pretty sharp and you manage to hide behind it before the security bots notice you.

Arms:Barb Spitter 5/6, Pocket pistol 3/4. Lead packer bolt-action 6/6
Lead Packer 7/6

The pack is full of dry rations in air vacuum packets.
You shove the dead cop onto the vent an block off half off it. The other half of the incredibly hot steam sprays out from around the guys body.
the path is finally passable but you could be scolded.

Lurch, here is a portrait of the young miner you met in the mine:
http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r670/Lordoftiki/Merrin_zps1b6c8153.jpg

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Could I disable both robots with either of my guns? Do I have a defibrillator in my Med Kit? How powerful are AI's in this day and age? Could I possibly trade with it them? Or does that goes against their mandates, but they are smart enough to trade?

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $10
Arms: Gorgon 2/9
State: Grazed
Items: Pick-axe, knife, gas mask, med kit

"You're not very good at this are you? There's probably something in here to patch you up," I say pulling the med kit from my belongings.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Yes,
of course not,
about as intelligent as young infants,
I very much doubt it,
and probably not.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

"Just graduated from the Authorized Miners of Hellius City college." He tells you wincing and holding a hand to his face. "Ugh theres something in my eye, its damp and really...wait, nah, that's just my eyeball."

The med-kit contains:
1 hypodermic syringe loaded with painkiller,
1 pair of scissors,
1 pot of burn ointment,
2 boxes of band-aids.
3 meters of bandages.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Open fire! (upon the robot guards.) "Time to Retire ya!"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Yeah me too, 100% authorized. How I miss the books and learning," I sarcastically reply, "Nothing for your eye in this thing, but tons of band-aids." I slap a couple on my scrapes as I pass Merrin the box.

The med-kit contains:
1 pair of scissors,
1 pot of burn ointment,
2 boxes of band-aids.
3 meters of bandages.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Yeah me too, 100% authorized. How I miss the books and learning," I sarcastically reply, "Nothing for your eye in this thing, but tons of band-aids." I slap a couple on my scrapes as I pass Merrin the box.

The med-kit contains:
1 pair of scissors,
1 pot of burn ointment,
2 boxes of band-aids.
3 meters of bandages.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 1/4, Snub-nosed Colt 1/6

You dash out from cover and pump of several shots from the revolver,
one round hits a security bot in the chest and it burst open, streaming with electricity it falls to its knees.
The other bot panics and makes several indecisive attempts to bolt before a bullet pins it to the floor.

State: Grazed(Patched up)
Items: Pick-axe, knife, gas mask,

The other miner takes the box, investigates the contents and starts handing it back,
then someone shouts "Whadya done to old Bessy and Milton?"
and he starts, dropping the kit on the ground. You're approached by an old stooped man with a green-blue painted face, he jabs a crook at you and shouts "Whadya done to old Bessy and Milton!?" again before bursting into tears.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Items: Pick-axe, knife, gas mask,

As I pick the med-kit off the ground I address the old man, "Alright look buddy, Bessy and Milton attacked us, so anything that happened to them was completely in self-defense." I push the crook out of my face, "My condolences go out to you, but don't worry man, you'll learn to love another hack-dragon someday soon."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Items: Pick-axe, knife, gas mask, med-kit

The man looks up at you "Maybe your right...tell you what lets go get a drink, on me."
The weird hermit man leads you and Merrin down through a tunnel into a warren and eventually to a small building made of thin rotting wood.
A moldy sign hanging over the door claims the building is a pub. The three of you go inside and are greeted by a seen of ordered chaos.

There is a dart board in the corner in which several resourceful people have decided to start throwing knifes, cleavers and empty bottles as well as darts, the barman seems to run a side business, removing bullets from peoples appendages and in one corner a couple of wiry westerners openly play Russian roulette.

Merrin looks around for five seconds before taking out a phone and saying "This is an unregistered leisure facility and I'm reporting this establishment to the authority."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 1/4, Snub-nosed Colt 1/6

"Whats through this door?" Ilden asks, pinning the less destroyed robot.

Showing 241-255 of 742