ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177078
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $10
Arms: Gorgon 2/9
State: Grazed(Patched up)
Items: Pick-axe, knife, gas mask, med-kit, smashed bottle

Grumbling as I hoist Merrin over my shoulders I make a go for the door.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised, mildly sedated
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 0/6
k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20

As you get up you feel a painful throbbing in your skull,
there is nothing in the tent except a empty footlocker.
After noticing an unusual lack of weight in your weapons you
check them and realize they have been unloaded.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

As you start for the door you get tackled by a SWAT officer and end up on the floor underneath two other people.
You hear a click as your hands are cuffed behind your back and are picked up, held against the door. The law-enforcement units are marching rogues out of the bar, the push you into line and carry Merrin behind you.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Get off piggy! You stupid cops, we're the ones who called you! Just wait till I get out of these cuffs!" I scream wildy kicking the police officers.

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Name: Gearun Stone
Description: Gearun was born in the middle East, he was raised there, his father died, and his mother couldn't work, and they were very poor, so he sought out work as a Miner, he learnt how to use a Pick Axe and Drill, he decided to move over to the lands of Minerals, looking for a bigger fortune.
Gearun is a 24 year old male ,he has straight, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow ish skin tone.
Currency:10$
Arms:Barb Spitter 5/6, Pocket pistol 3/4. Bolt Action Shotgun
Lead Packer 7/6
Armour:Gas Mask,Kevlar
State: Heavily bruised
Items:Pick Axe, Dry Rations, Nightstick, Weapon suppressor, Pair of Cuffs
I go by the left way, trying to avoid the boiling water.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

State: Cuffed

One of the cops sneak up behind you and gags you, the other move a safe distance away, rubbing there shins.
As the bandits are shoved into a rough line there is a movement down the far end of the line from you.
A figure in a white cowboy hat begins strolling down the row of restrained rogues with a slight crunching sound as he steps on the gravely floor.
As he gets closer you see the glint of a badge on his lapel and a bandoleer of magnum cartridges on his chest.
Instead of classical lead bullets the cartridges seem to be tipped with halved pearls.

Name: Gearun Stone
Description: Gearun was born in the middle East, he was raised there, his father died, and his mother couldn't work, and they were very poor, so he sought out work as a Miner, he learnt how to use a Pick Axe and Drill, he decided to move over to the lands of Minerals, looking for a bigger fortune.
Gearun is a 24 year old male ,he has straight, dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow ish skin tone.
Currency:10$
Arms:Barb Spitter 5/6, Pocket pistol 3/4. Bolt Action Shotgun
Lead Packer 7/6
Armour:Gas Mask,Kevlar
State: Heavily bruised
Items:Pick Axe, Dry Rations, Nightstick, Weapon suppressor, Pair of Cuffs

After going down the path for a few minutes you find yourself at the opening of large shapeless chamber filled with small ferns and apple trees.
Preventing you from entering is a locked fence made of white carved wood. You can hear someone clipping tree branches inside and whistling some cheerful tune.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 0/6

How does the k17 micro assault-rifle compare to the other guns as a club?
I step out of the tent shakily.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Inside my saturated punk-rocker brain a thought festers, "That glamorous cowboy cop is the epitome of everything I hate."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Diagrams speak better then words.
http://s1361.photobucket.com/user/Lordoftiki/media/Diagram1_zpseed77ecc.jpg.html

As the man in the hat nears you he stops, peers at you through the corner of his eye for a second, and continues down the row.
After reaching the end of the line he shakes his head and gestures to a man in a Kevlar-vest "None of them are from Alezannder's men, take them up the cavern trail and bring them to the city."
With that he departs. The man in the Kevlar assumes authority and marches the convicts out of the chamber up a trail that hugs the side of a rock wall, over a deep cavern.
As you near the surface and a glint of sunlight begins to come into view there is a sudden crack of sniper rifle fire and a SWAT man a few feet across from you collapses to the ground, a bullet between his ribs.
Down the end of the line there is chaos, figures appearing seemingly out of thin air, spraying the law-men with machine-pistol fire.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Okay, nice picture
Whats outside the tent?

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Outside the tent you find yourself in a underground grotto about the size of a football field, most of it is full of clustered military tents.
As you peer outside you see someone coming this way, a field medic with sawn-off shotgun on his back. He enters the tent and utters a surprised sound upon seeing you standing up.
He gets right to the point and tells you he'd like to ask a few questions.
"Right, is there any-one in the lab?"

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

"Any people? I'm not sure he's a person anymore..." I say, stalling, referring to Shepard. Not sure if I want to preserve Alice and Flakbert or not...they weren't hostile but, Who knows what else was in that place...Remember that thing that attacked me when I first came down here.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

"Listen, a couple of days ago we got a call saying weird noises were coming from this bunker, so we set up defenses and planned an incursion, then just before we blew the door of it's hinges and radical emerges from the elevator and starts firing upon our troops, at this point we could lock you up for a couple of years, instead we just want to ask you questions;
Who's in there, what is in there?"

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

"I suppose you'll truth serum me If I don't start talking, an I don't wanna tell you my child hood..." Ilden said, from experience. "Okay, there is a mad scientist I would say, or at least there was, who made one man go rabid, created a froglike monster larger than myself, a living hunk of flesh and a white-ish humanoid. Don't hurt the latter two, they are sentient and I'm quite sure have human rights. Does a Rabid man have human rights?"

Ilden can be a chatter box with or without Sodium Thiopental.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Those must be Alezannder's men. I break ranks with the other prisoners and dive for the nearest cover to wait the gunfire out. Then hopefully I can make my escape.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

"Um...Ok-ay. Do you have an excuse for firing at multiple police-officers?"

You find a ledge to hide behind and not a second to soon as the edge of the cliff is soon swamped with rebel forces.
The SWAT start fighting back, upholstering 9mm pistols and compact riot-guns. Soon the rocky floor is slick with civil blood.
There's no sign of Merrin.

Showing 271-285 of 742