ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177215
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $10
Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Peasants Regal 6/7
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy, left shoulder-muscle pulled
Items: Pick-axe, knife, med-kit, smashed bottle

"God I hope you guys aren't the fuzz," I say, "Do you have some sort base of operations, or a squat-house, or whatever? I dig the hair by the way"

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised, mildly sedated
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 0/6
k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20

"I hope that is just flakbert..." Ilden mumbles. Can I position myself much? Like near the leader or a medic? Or am I pretty much dictated so far as position by these guys mistrust?

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

(Very sorry about continual absence.)

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $10
Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Peasants Regal 6/7
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy, left shoulder-muscle pulled
Items: Pick-axe, knife, med-kit, smashed bottle

The man in the white-coat gives you a crooked look and his body-guard spits in your direction, before reloading their machine-pistol.
The man in the white coat give them a look before telling you "Uh, no. About as far from it as you could get, but any way we skipped introductions, my name is Alazzander, this is my body-guard Penny."

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r670/Lordoftiki/AlazzanderampPenny_zps1cf2b07e.jpg

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 0/6

The strike-team mostly ignore you, preoccupied with being very uneasy.
As you you enter the area with the cages the eerie scraping becomes very load, now accompanied by creepy grunting sounds.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Not sure what to do...

'He awaiting death of freedom' - Horace

Mmm, can I have a picture of Ilden Aeftertanke Rendegraver, please?

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

Sorry guys, I've lost interest in this toleplay :/.
Maybe you could use my character as an NPC?

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Name: Gary Wiklowitz
Description: Gary was born in a town near New England. His father, who was a miner, died when an accident happened. Gary followed his father's footsteps and became a miner.
Currency: $300
Arms: Snyder And Kemp
Armour: Gas mask, Kevlar
Items: Pick-axe, knife

Just a question... can we go back to the surface and buy something in the shop?
I choose to mine near the city.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

(Thanks for the heads up bazz1.)

(I'll think about it.)
As you round the corner of a large cage draped in a tarpaulin you see Al-ice pushing a large metal table along, while Flak-bert tells it instructions on where to move the furniture.
...Weird.
The leader of the group approaches Flak-bert
and asks it If it speaks English.
Flak-bert starts sobbing randomly and the leader looks around uncomfortably.
"Any one speak weird-meat-lump?"

Description: Gary was born in a town near New England. His father, who was a miner, died when an accident happened. Gary followed his father's footsteps and became a miner.
Currency: $80
Arms: Snyder And Kemp 12/12

Would you like to go to a old clay mine,
a mine where they dig up sulfur rocks or a converted war-time tunnel.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Ilden stopped Loading and Unloading the Barb-Spitter with imaginary bullets when he saw Al-Ice.
"It can speak Engelsk...just...He, ah, Its a little temperamental." Ilden added helpfully.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

I choose to go the old clay mine.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

State: Bruised.
k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20, Colt Cartridge (1)

While the others are questioning Flak-bert on its species, gender and opinion on eating human flesh, Al-ice sidles up nest to you and slips something into your hand.
It's a .22 Long-Colt cartridge.

Your supposed to be able to do it but no miner has managed it yet.

You enter the mine via a grimy steel ladder protruding from the concrete access tunnels wall. When you reach the mine you look around.
The first chamber in the room is about the size of a small swimming pool and roughly circular. A couple of miners stand, knee deep on the ground,
loading sacks with clay from the wall with ice-cream-scoopers.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20, Colt Cartridge (1)

"I...What do you expect me to do with this?" I whisper to Al-Ice. Trying not to imagine anything that violent and very onesided.

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

Name: Jack Shallow
Description: N/A
Currency: $100
Armour: Rebreather, Kevlar

The clerk giggles for some reason before holding out a key and asking if you would like to buy a locker.

"How much is the locker?" Jack said.
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 1/6
k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20,

Illden:

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r670/Lordoftiki/Ilden_zps14ed6605.jpg

Sighing at the incompetence of humans Al-ice takes your revolver, pops the cylinder out and loads the round before spinning the cylinder erratically for a second.
She hands it back to you expectantly.

The clerk smacks his lips a few times before answering. "Twenty a month, with a additional for your first and last week."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4, Snub-nosed Colt 1/6
k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20,

Oh, wow, thanks >XD

"Who do I Shoot? You?" I mutter to Al-Ice. How are the others doing? Is Flakbert still crying?

LatinxAssassin
LatinxAssassin
614 posts
Nomad

The clerk smacks his lips a few times before answering. "Twenty a month, with a additional for your first and last week."

"No thanks" Jack says. Jack goes down to the mine.
Showing 301-315 of 742