ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177095
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
HornyVonHornMeister
HornyVonHornMeister
117 posts
Nomad

Name: HornyVonHornMeister
Description: His parents hated him, so he ended up with this abomination of a name.
Currency: $10
Items: Pick-Axe, Knife, Gas-Mask, Rebreather, Colt Predator.

sinboss
sinboss
109 posts
Nomad

Name: Quiller Hersh
Description: Quiller Grew up in a harsh family 3 older brothers and 1 older sister, his mom died giving birth to him his dad hated him for it. his father made him help pay the bills unlike his brothers and sister. his father constently abused him until one day he hit his dad with a bat across the face. his dad died and his brothers and sister left to live life in the city, Quiller soon discovered a job to pay so he could start over mining.
Currency: $50
Arms: Colt Predator
Armour: Rebreather mask

Forest.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Peasants Regal 6/7
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy, left shoulder-muscle pulled
Items: Pick-axe, knife, med-kit, smashed bottle

"Oh uh.. Sorry dude! looks like you'll have to find your own way down!" I call up to the sniper and head back to join the others.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4,
k17 micro assault-rifle 0/20,

Al-ice still has your gun and it has no ammo anyway.

You duck behind a cage covered in a tarpaulin, something inside meows.
You can hear the parabellum pistol, accompanied by another bark from the shotgun. Whatever is in the cage near you is mewling curiously and making strange sounds, like a bullet being chambered.

Description: His parents hated him, so he ended up with this abomination of a name.
Items: Pick-Axe, Knife, Gas-Mask, Rebreather, Colt Predator 6/6.

Would you like to mine Inside city-limits, country side, or forest.

Name: Quiller Hersh
Description: Quiller Grew up in a harsh family 3 older brothers and 1 older sister, his mom died giving birth to him his dad hated him for it. his father made him help pay the bills unlike his brothers and sister. his father constently abused him until one day he hit his dad with a bat across the face. his dad died and his brothers and sister left to live life in the city, Quiller soon discovered a job to pay so he could start over mining.
Currency: $50
Arms: Colt Predator
Armour: Rebreather mask

You climb down the rope ladder into the pit-mine and find yourself in a large cave-like chamber with airborne dust sluggishly stirred by soft-bodied insects. There is a crevasse leading deeper, with some old ropes near it. The walls are covered in a green fast-growing crystal with four-winged bats apparently eating it.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
State: Healthy,

The sniper disappears for a second and his rifle comes sailing down, clacking on the ground. It's low-caliber and partly made of plastic to make it lighter.
The man reappears and shouts down at you "Is good rifle, keep safe while I climb down."
He proceeds to lower himself down. He slips a good meter from the ground and lands awkwardly. On inspection he seems to have a broken ankle.

HornyVonHornMeister
HornyVonHornMeister
117 posts
Nomad

Would you like to mine Inside city-limits, country side, or forest?

Countryside.
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4,

Bullet chambered? This sounds kinda like i've lead this swat team into an ambush... I back away from the cage abit. Is it possible I can run away (probably) without being caught?

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Great Job.." I state sarcastically, offering Arrluk his rifle to use as a crutch. "We should get you to a medic. The name's Lurch by the way." I start leading the wounded sharpshooter back the way I came from.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Would you like to mine in:
A half-flooded tin mine, a popular silver mine or a old rebel tunnel where minerals have been found?

Shepard has spent both cartridges in his weapon and the strike team are trying to restrain him with out being bitten, Al-ice comes over to you curiously and yanks the tarpaulin off the cage.
Inside is a large fat hamster with pea green fur.
There are ammunition magazines protruding from several slots in its back.

You and Arrluk get back to to the ledge and Alazzander shows you the way to his old haunt.
After a good half an our of trekking through the ravine you come to a split in the wall leading off.
At the end of the side-trail there is a small bunker.
Inside are three rooms, a main-room, an empty armory, and a bathroom.

HornyVonHornMeister
HornyVonHornMeister
117 posts
Nomad

Would you like to mine in:
A half-flooded tin mine, a popular silver mine or a old rebel tunnel where minerals have been found?

An Old Rebel Tunnel.
Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Hehe, I'm imagining Carl the lemming with green fur... And o'course the magazines.

"Woah, freaky...It doesn't spit bullets does it?" Ilden said shuddering. All these mutants were freaking him out, so many more in the actual underground than just the surface underground...

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Cozy little crash pad you got here, a tad minimalist, but at least it's well hidden." I go see how Merrin is holding up in the situation.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The tunnel is located under an old wind-mill and you take a trap door down.
The tunnel is fairly make-shift with wooden supports and regular intervals, it goes straight ahead as far as you can see in the dim light.

k17 micro assault-rifle 10/20,

"Ah, I remember when he engineered this, it doesn't spit bullets, but look't this." Al-ice takes your micro-assault rifle and holds it over one of the magazines. There is an infamous papery-click and the magazine locks into the weapon, coming out of the animals back.

The swelling has gone down on the bump on Merrins skull but he is still unconscious. Alazzander comes in and tells you "There's a ladder leading up to the surface in the armory, If you want to visit Godmund's shop."

HornyVonHornMeister
HornyVonHornMeister
117 posts
Nomad

The tunnel is located under an old wind-mill and you take a trap door down.
The tunnel is fairly make-shift with wooden supports and regular intervals, it goes straight ahead as far as you can see in the dim light.

Skip merrily to the dim light.
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You soon come to a stooped old man holding a lantern.
He half turns his bewhiskered face toward you stiffly and says "Grow a beard boy," Before breaking into a fit of coughing. When this subsides he looks at you strangely cheerfully and pronounces "Well howdy-doo another miner. Can i help you sunnyjim?"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I head up the ladder to get the peasants regal appraised

Showing 331-345 of 742