ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 177088
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
sinboss
sinboss
109 posts
Nomad

Name: Quiller Hersh
Description: Quiller Grew up in a harsh family 3 older brothers and 1 older sister, his mom died giving birth to him his dad hated him for it. his father made him help pay the bills unlike his brothers and sister. his father constently abused him until one day he hit his dad with a bat across the face. his dad died and his brothers and sister left to live life in the city, Quiller soon discovered a job to pay so he could start over mining.
Currency: $50
Arms: Colt Predator
Armour: Rebreather mask

i break a couple of the crystals and try to identafie them and then contiouniue down causiasly

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $10
Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Peasants Regal 6/7
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy,
Items: Pick-axe, knife, med-kit, smashed bottle

After climbing the ladder you come up into a old storage room, mostly empty at present. After a couple of seconds a young man with grey-red hair comes in He seems unsurprised to see you.

After he leads you to the counter he examines you Peasants Regal and seems impressed. "It's the new model," he tells you "there building them with better recoil reduction nowadays, you know they say when they were first manufactured back in the second European Revolution the kick-back could sprain a man's wrist? This one seems to be fairly new and well maintained, I'd judge it at $180 and sell it for say...$199"

Description: Quiller Grew up in a harsh family 3 older brothers and 1 older sister, his mom died giving birth to him his dad hated him for it. his father made him help pay the bills unlike his brothers and sister. his father constently abused him until one day he hit his dad with a bat across the face. his dad died and his brothers and sister left to live life in the city, Quiller soon discovered a job to pay so he could start over mining.

Most of the bats lounging on the gem are asleep and don't notice as you snap off a few chess sized pieces.
The gem is a clear-ish emerald green and the broken parts bleed bright green slime that smells like apple.

sinboss
sinboss
109 posts
Nomad

I put it in my pocket for later examination and go deeper very slowly and carefully.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

I contemplate his offer briefly before speaking, "How 'bout a trade? Spending money doesn't do me much good down there, but one of those nice, shiny sub-machine guns looks pretty handy." I extend my hand, "So what d'ya say, pal?"

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4,
k17 micro assault-rifle 10/20,

"Oh, uh thanks..." Ilden said peering at the ammo. "Think..Ill escape now, Does that sound alright?" I ask Al-Ice. I do what ever one does to prep a gone for firing.

--
Can players actually meet up in war-for ore? Just wondering...

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The deeper you you get the more humid it becomes.
You come to a corner and when you turn it you almost trip over on a giant turquoise egg on the ground.
From inside the egg you hear a lethargic tap,tap,tap.

Godmund takes out his 'special stock',lays it on the table and tells you about the individual items.

$90
Name: Wardog 8.5mm Type: Handgun
Caliber: 8.5mm Mag: 11
RPS: Semi-automatic
Info: Military grade handgun with a hair-trigger.

$90
Name: Hagwraith Micro Type: Machine-pistol
Ammunition: 5mm Mag: 20
RPS: 10
Info: Light-weight machine-pistol.

$180
Name: Hagwraith Type: SMG
Ammunition: 5mm Mag: 20
RPS: 10
Info: Matt white SMG with a retractable stock
and clear magazine cover.

$140
Name: Sawn off Type: Shotgun
Gauge: 12 Mag: 4
RPS: Lever-action
Info: Shortened buckshot firing shotgun.

HornyVonHornMeister
HornyVonHornMeister
117 posts
Nomad

You soon come to a stooped old man holding a lantern.
He half turns his bewhiskered face toward you stiffly and says "Grow a beard boy," Before breaking into a fit of coughing. When this subsides he looks at you strangely cheerfully and pronounces "Well howdy-doo another miner. Can I help you sunnyjim?"

"Yes, sir, I would like a place to mine."
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"That Hagwraith Micro plus an extra magazine and you have yourself a deal"

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: HornyVonHornMeister
Description: His parents hated him, so he ended up with this abomination of a name.
Armour: None
Items: Pick-Axe, Knife, Gas-Mask, Rebreather, Colt Predator 6/6.

The old man gives an almost creepy smile and offers you his lantern "I know a great spot to dig up bits of potassium, just hold this and I'll show you the way."

Currency: $195
Arms: Gorgon 9/9, Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20)

Godmund except and tells you some stuff about the hag-wraith, like how the chamber the first round and advises you to minimalise long bouts of continues fire.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"I appreciate it, mate," with that I turn and climb down the ladder I came up, back to Alazzander's old haunt.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

As you climb down the ladder there is a load scuffling sound and Merrin runs into the room, one of the rebels comes after him and Merrin throws his sub-machine-gun at him, as he goes sprawling Merrin runs to you wide eyed "Help, I'm being held captive by terrorists!"

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Oh, uh, missed reply? 0.-

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"No, No, No. Merrin you are a terrorist." I try to explain, "After you pulled that stunt back at the bar, swat guys showed up with big guns. I tried to get us out of there, but I got tackled and we were both arrested. These came and saved us. They are the only reason you aren't sharing a cell with some big hairy biker named Bubba. I think you owe the terrorists an apology."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Opps. ._o

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe. Barb-spitter 0/4,

You manage to slip away from the others and find yourself in the room with the mounted-machine gun. After reminiscing on fond memories for a while you notice that the flooding has gone away and the tunnel is damp but now only partly submerged.

-Yep.

Before Merrin can reply Alazzander's body-guard, Penny, runs into the room and shoots him in the back with a tranquilizer pistol.
Merrin frowns thoughtfully before flopping to the ground, seemingly bone-lessly.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Judging from my invent I have all the stuff I mined. Erm, I think ill try to return to the surface via the elevator, Interrupt my passage if I encounter anything. Oh, and, I'll think try scratching this in the wall somehow.

Turn Back!

He knew anyone like him would ignore it. Still, he didn't like innocents getting hurt.

Showing 346-360 of 742