ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176957
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $195
Arms: Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy,
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit,

I poke at the creature asking, "What the hell is this thing, and what are we going to do with it?"

Voyage2
Voyage2
650 posts
Nomad

Name: Brhundle Capio
Description: Brhundle is from a poor family from Philippines. His parents don't know what to do to get money. His father decided to rob the bank. His father captured by Police and get jailed. However,Brhundle lived with his mother.
Currency: $10
Arms: Colt Predator 6/6
Armour: Kevlar / Gas Mask
Items: Pick - Axe / Knife

What happened ?! -Me. Goes back to the entrance of the mining area.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

Name: Edward Neo
Description: Edward is a mysterious and shy boy, he's 20 years old. He is very intelectual and smart. After a tragedy, he was forced to become a miner to earn his living.
Currency: 0
Arms: Gorgon (8/8)
Armour: Rebreather mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, turquoise gem x2.

"Thank you. I thought I will never see the light again. Mind if we stick together for some time? I see that you know these sewers better than me."

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Name: Max Blunt
Description: Max (or Maximilian) is rational, ambitious, rather cowardly (according to some sources) and smart. The demonic 16-year-old went into mining because he wants to work his way to the top and until he's there he's going to trample anything and everything in his way. Also, he's dirt poor.
Currency: $80
Arms: Snyder & Kemp
Armour: Rebreather
Items: Pick-axe, knife

If the locker has a key or anything, I get one and put $40 in it. If it's free for miners, that is. Then I walk through the door and survey the first 20 metres of mine.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!

"I vote run away from it rapidly whilst eating ice-cream with cookies."
Alazzander says before giggling.
Giving him a reprising look Penny nudges the thing.
It sits up, gives a refreshed yawn, and blinks contentedly before continuing to stare at you blankly.

Description: Edward is a mysterious and shy boy, he's 20 years old. He is very intelectual and smart. After a tragedy, he was forced to become a miner to earn his living.

"Oh, yeah. Stick with me kiddo; well scare those eels back to the neon-labs and I'll get a spot to get sewer-fever."

Description: Max (or Maximilian) is rational, ambitious, rather cowardly (according to some sources) and smart. The demonic 16-year-old went into mining because he wants to work his way to the top and until he's there he's going to trample anything and everything in his way. Also, he's dirt poor.
Currency: $40

The automated key seller says "Th-ank y-ouu." and gives you a scrap of paper detailing your locker number. After finding your locker you unlock it.
Inside is a red armband bearing the Jigjam symbol: a Russian cross with two J's inside it.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $233
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe.,
k17 micro assault-rifle 10/20

I buy the kevlar, then if appropriate I set out to take the rest of the day/night off, probably buy myself some food and a place to stay. If possible.

sasukemystery
sasukemystery
1,447 posts
Nomad

Name: Viet Anh
Description: Exiled from the Brotherhoods of Assassin clan, he is now looking to find gold and continue his dream of being the best Assassin there is.
Arms: Uzi 25/25
Armour: Gas mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Medical kit, gold nugget, golden premolars x2

I search in another puddle "Where'd you get that much? Mind sharing a few tips?"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Well I'll try communicating with it," I say stooping down to it's level, "Greetings Spaceman! Welcome to Earth. I am Lurch, king of this realm!"

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $133

After leaving Godmund's you find yourself in the bad part of Georadda city. After searching for a while you find a hotel with no bullet holes in the walls but can't find any eating establishments.

Name: Viet Anh
Description: Exiled from the Brotherhoods of Assassin clan, he is now looking to find gold and continue his dream of being the best Assassin there is.
Arms: Uzi 25/25
Armour: Gas mask
Items: Pick-axe, knife, Medical kit, gold nugget, golden premolars x2, golden ACP bullet

"The trick," the miner grins through stained teeth "Is to scrape the bottom of the puddles."
You find a lonely bullet in the puddle.

The entity nods politely before saying "Your realm seems like a bit 'f a dump guv. Can I have your gun?"

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

"Haha. Anyway, let's go deeper, maybe we shall be able to find something valuable. Have you got a lantern?" I say.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

"No I don't filthy light to see in the dark, I just close my eyes and follow the current." Samantharina tells you "But you can use these special matches I bought. By the way, lighting yourself on fire with a match is harder than it sounds."
She hands you a box of large green-headed matches.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Okay, I sleep the night then, assault rifle within reach.

- Do I get to define my dreams or do you? -

Nerdsoft
Nerdsoft
1,266 posts
Peasant

Currency: $40

The hell? I take it, because I should be able to use it to keep myself out of trouble with the Jigjams. I don't put it on though. I lock up my things and go in.
(By the way, I wanted to buy as close to 3 clips as 40 bucks can get. Can you load that on? I don't know the price per clip.)

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure, lets say I tell you things that have to be included and you have a dream based on this. So I say dream must include: Drowning in spent cases, Al-ice, rising water and Godmund.

Currency: $0
Items: Pick-axe, knife, 6mm mags (12) x3, Jigjam Arm-band
In locker: $35

(Did you actually mean to say what the hell or do people actually say 'the hell' somewhere?)

The door into the main mine swings open on well oiled hinges and you enter the first part of the quarry. It's large, well over the size of a swimming pool and sparsely populated with miners. two policemen in body-armor stand in the corner, smoking. In this area they're digging up crumbly white rock. A elevator at the back leads deeper.

neoexdeath
neoexdeath
374 posts
Farmer

"Thank you." I reply. I light a match and follow her, looking if there is any ore by time to time.

Showing 436-450 of 742