ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176817
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: Rob
Description: 30 year old, 6ft tall, brown hair, muscular, blue eyes and in need of money
Currency: $10
Arms: colt predator 6/6
Armour: gas mask, kevlar
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

After trudging through the gritty sand for a while you come to a rusty barb wire fence that goes all the way around the tunnel, up the walls and on the ceiling. Two people pick there way over the fence to meet you. Both are in cowboy-hats and fairly sand-saturated clothes, the taller one has a holstered high-caliber revolver, the other carries two light gauge 3 beast-shot shot-guns. The taller one extends a hand "Welcome to Crumb, the driest town under the lake."

bazz1
bazz1
285 posts
Peasant

(This looks interesting, can I join now? or is the recruitment closed?)

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Arms: Barb spitter
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter 4/4, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe

"Gaah!" I say tossing it away but definitely not into the water. I wipe my hand on my pants. "Why do you want to kill me pale thing?" I ask it.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

(Yes I'm still recruiting, and your welcome to join.)

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: , knife, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe

"Read. The. Journal." The entity replied flatly, pointing at your back-pack with the barrel of the weapon in it's paws.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: , knife, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe

I take out the journal."I don't actually have anything to do with the Journal..." I say. I open the book and read aloud.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Several pages are either sodden or completely destroyed, but there is enough of the literature still intact for it to be read as a series

"...Lucky the fuzz didn't shut down the whole facility. From now on I'm only firing with suppressed weapons.

Monday, 6th:

Set to work ordering Shepard to clean up the holding tanks. He is to impertinent for my liking but he has a strong stomach so he fits the job.
Al-ice has started responding to stimulus again, for a while there I thought I was going to have to start from the all over again but, it seems, the worm is finally turning...

Wednesday 8th:

Etched my mark on Al-ice's shoulder today, it got pretty mad and started thrashing around. Got Shepard to restrain it...
Just found out Al-ice stuck a needle in Shepard before he got her into the holding tank. I'm trying to figure out what was in the syringe but I can't find any clues.

( Missing page here)

Al-ice has gotten loose, and to top it off I think she's got my pocket pistol.
Shepard ran off into the tunnels today.
I found the needle he was injected from. It was labeled "De-stilled Hydrophobia".
...with both Al-ice and Shepard on the loose I have decided to move to a tent outside the facility, I can only pray that the Mort-frog has already succumbed to the injuries inflicted on it by the security bots."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

"You aren't...AI-ice are you?" I asked quitely.

tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

Description: 30 year old, 6ft tall, brown hair, muscular, blue eyes and in need of money
Items: Pick-axe, knife

I shake his hand and ask him what he's mining for and if I can join him.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In answer the entity bows mockingly and gestures to a mark on its shoulder.

http://i1361.photobucket.com/albums/r670/Lordoftiki/MutantW_zps89a1d094.jpg

"Not mining at the moment, I just live here. Normally I work in the mine but there's a feud tearing up the town at the moment, the Jigjams got into a brawl with the Darkonians again."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: , knife, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe.

"I...think I might have....met the Mort-Frog" Ilden mumbled.

tinyb0b
tinyb0b
300 posts
Nomad

"Is there a way to stop them?" I ask

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: , knife, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe.

Before the entity can reply there is a strangely ominous click as a metal tool box is placed on the ground.
As you turn you see that a man in thick rubber overalls and unhealthy grey skin has entered the room. In a unnervingly mechanical action the man raises one arm and there is the sharp sound of a pocket pistol being fired.
The entity hisses as the shotgun is struck from its hands and skitters along the floor.

"Not really, I mean you could kill half of them but unless that happens they'll just start fighting again tomorrow." The man scratches the back of his head thoughtfully before continuing "We've been trying to kick them out of Crumb for ages but the sheriff won't lift a finger to help."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I Ildely draw and to the knife at the man to the best of my ability. "Hello Sir." Ilden addressed the man bitterly.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I Ildely draw and to the knife at the man to the best of my ability. "Hello Sir." Ilden addressed the man bitterly.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe.

There is a sptang as the tool box comes up and deflects the knife, spiting creamy looking foam on the ground the man starts firing again with the snub-nosed revolver in his fist.

Showing 151-165 of 742