ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176825
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

Name: John
Description: A 23 year old miner wanting to earn some money.
Currency: $20
Arms: Rosenlead Maria 1/1
Armour: Gas mask, Kevlar vest
Items: Pick-axe, medical kit

i whack him with my pickaxe i also look behind me just in case

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Name: Lurch
Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Currency: $145
Arms: Hagwraith micro 20/20 (20)
Armour: Gas Mask
State: Healthy,
Items: Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3

I fire a short burst at eye-patch, and take cover behind my door, scanning for the other bounty hunter.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Items: Damaged Pick-axe, medical kit

The pick strikes his head, crushing several of the old pin-fire units and discharging them in random directions in streams of smoke.
Half a dozen fire inwards, killing the man instantly, others ricochet around the room. Several bite into your pick.

Description: Young punk-rocker and general low-life. He became a miner to further his knowledge of explosives so he might one day overthrow the government. Viva la Revolution!
Arms: (Unreachable) Hagwraith micro 16/20 (20)
Items: (Unreachable) Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3

Your suppressing fire sends Eye-patch diving to the floor.
As you back up against the door something soft but heavy thumps the back of your head and you are lost to the world.

You wake up in a small dark basement chained to the wall by your ankles,
your kit is sitting in a pile against the far wall.
There is another person fastened to the wall next to you. You are alone in the basement other then that.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

Items: (Unreachable) Pick-axe, combat knife, med-kit, ,Paccer And Chesson Magnum's x3

I kick around and scream death threats for a bit, before giving up. I look to the wall and try to make out the other prisoner in the dark. "Alazzander? Penny? Is that you?"

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The other prisoner is in a blue bullet-proof get up and stained scarf.
He seems to be unconscious and you can't make out his face in the gloom. Only a head of blond hair, pale in the dark.
There is another bundle next to yours, supposedly his, consisting of a pack, and a chrome Snyder & Kemp stained pink.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I just start laughing uncontrollably.

stealth_ninja05
stealth_ninja05
1,078 posts
Peasant

I look for my stuff.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Your laughter echoes creepily around the room.
You can hear the sound of car fadedly and deduce that you must be near a high-way.

You magnum and the P-Regal are on the desk. Before you can grab them the butler who let you in appears in the door way, swinging a lever-action rifle over his shoulder to aim at you.

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

I start weighing the pros and cons of this situation in my head. Good news is this definitely isn't a cop shop, my stuff is here, and I'm pretty sure I know the guy next to me. Bad news: I don't have rights here, I'm chained to a wall, and that guy might be super pissed.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The other prisoner wakes up with a start and swings slightly in his chains,
he blinks blearily in the dark and mutters something about "unauthorized forcible imprisonment."

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden A. Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $133
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
State: Bruised.
â¨Items: ,Medical Kit, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journalâ¨, Pick Axe.,
k17 micro assault-rifle 9/10(20)

Am I still trapped in a taxi?

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"Yo Merrin, what's up?"

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨

Yep. The taxi smells of old pineapple and Styrofoam.

Merrin squints in the direction of your voice. He looks unhealthily pale.
He stammers before saying "Is that you old Nick? Why is the devil always so informal?"

HempandHash
HempandHash
529 posts
Nomad

"I'd like to think of myself more as satan incarnate than the devil himself," I laugh, "but c'mon man, you remember your old pal, Lurch. How've you been? You don't look so good."

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Flag

The taxi that was ahead of you careens of the road as the Shelby moves closer. You see the occupants of both vehicles getting out and reaching for arms.

Merrin Merradith relaxes slightly and shrugs. "After Arrluk healed enought to walk again we set out the same way you went. Unfortunately we ran into some more peace-officers who didn't understand to term "to honour and protect. Anyway long-story short when we made it to civilization I was recognized by one of the dead-cops pistols." He flicks his wrists in the direction of the chrome pistol.

Showing 556-570 of 742