ForumsForum GamesWar For Ore (Mining RPG)

742 176813
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

In the year 2034...
Mining can be dangerous, being crushed, suffocated, or trapped and starved to death are only the usual risks. You could also be redirected into the sewer and drowned, shot by other rogue miners, or eaten alive by monsters from the depths. But they pay is good, the right merchants will pay handsomely for minerals or metals, and the wrong merchants will pay the gear you steal from other miners.
To start your life as a miner fill out the character sheets below.

Name:
Description: Optional
Currency: $300
Arms: None
Armour: None
State: Healthy
Items: Pick-axe, knife.

Also spend you starter money for gear at Godmund's Shop.
(Note: Weapons will stay in your items list and not under arms until you choose to equipped them)

-------------------Godmund's Shop----------------------------------------------

Gas mask: Mask that blocks out toxic fumes with a cloth covered in charcoal, is made of laminated glass so it won't shatter if it cracks. $40

Rebreather: Mask which recycles the air the wearer is breathing. $100

Kevlar: Dense synthetic body armour, well capable of stopping any non-magnum bullet under 7mm and spreading the impact force. $100

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Colt Predator
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Non-magnum
Ammunition: 10mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chambers
Cost: $150

Name: Concord-forger
Type: Revolver
Type stats: Double-action Magnum
Ammunition: 7mm lead bullets
Ammunition feed type: six chamber
Cost: $180

Name: Snyder and Kemp
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Single-action
Ammunition: 6mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 12 bullets in a clip
Cost: $120

Name: Gorgon
Type: Handgun
Type stats: Double-action
Ammunition: 9mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 8 bullets in a clip
Cost: $200

Name: Double barrel
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 15mm bore
Ammunition: Buckshot
Ammunition feed type: Brake-action, two shells

Name: Barb Spitter
Type: Shotgun
Type stats: 12mm bore Pump-action
Ammunition: Fletchette shells
Ammunition feed type: four shells

Name: Uzi
Type: Sub-machine gun
Type stats: 12RPG
Ammunition: 5mm bullets
Ammunition feed type: 25 bullet clip
Cost: $200

Name: Waster
Type: Sniper rifle
Type stats: Magnum, laser-pointed
Ammunition: 11mm magnum bullets
Ammunition feed type: One bolt-action loaded round
Cost: $210

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical attention: Healing for all injuries. $20

Medical kit: For healing whilst in the mines, limited resources. $50

Medical Insurance: Unlimited free medical attention. $650

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 742 Replies
lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Name: John Lou
Description: Optional
Currency: 60$
Arms: Pick axe, Knife
Armour: Kevlar
Items: Pick-axe, knife,.Gas mask,Rebreater

You stab the statue and your knife bounces off with a grating sound. I your trying to damage the stone I suggest using your pick-axe.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

Name: Ilden Rendegraverâ¨
Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
Currency: $10â¨
Arms: Barb spitter
Armour: Gas Maskâ¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter 4/4, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journal,
Barb Spitter 1/4â¨, Pick Axe

My character may be more trigger happy than myself, but he isn't savage. I deactivate the gun if I can, dump the white rock out of my pack, and, pick axe in one hand approach the white thing. Hoping to capture it.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Name: Mountain Dew
Description: Finally free from his slavery of carrying rocks, this young man plans to finally mine rocks himself and be the one to profit from them.
Currency: $4
Arms: Gorgon 8/9
Armour: Gas Mask
Items: Pickaxe, Knife, Medical Kit, Commando knife, carbon-fiber gloves, silencer, x1 Key card,

I try to mine as much of the rock as possible before going out to sell it.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Description: Ilden was born in New Greenland, He has finally acquired a Pick-axe capable of actually breaking rock & the musculature required. Ilden has followed the Mineral-Rush, he intends to acquire enough money to buy the cure for his older brothers illness. Brass colored hair, dark brown eyes and coffee brown skin.â¨
â¨Items: , knife, Barb Spitter 4/4, Medical Kit, white rock, Yellow lump nick-named 'Ãrevoks' Journal,

As you approach the entity it spits in your direction before dashing down the corridor leading away.

Description: Finally free from his slavery of carrying rocks, this young man plans to finally mine rocks himself and be the one to profit from them.
Items: Pickaxe, Knife, Medical Kit, Commando knife, carbon-fiber gloves, silencer, x1 Key card, $120 worth off medicinal rock

You mine until you can't reach the more brittle rock and head back inside and up the ladder to the area with the graffiti.
The hoodlums seem to have gotten into a schism and are firing at each other with pistols that have been illegally boosted to make them automatic. There's a shout as they as they spot you and a few poorly aimed shots fly past you into the elevator.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Items: Pickaxe, Knife, Medical Kit, Commando knife, carbon-fiber gloves, silencer, x1 Key card, $120 worth off medicinal rock

I take out my Gorgon and try to take potshots. I also ready to take out my knife if anyone comes close.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

Before you can start shooting you have to choose a target, there are four armed hoodlums in the chamber two on each side, the two in hoodies on the left are holding simple automatic handguns but one on the right, a female with florescent pink hair is using a strange long-barreled weapon with an extended magazine.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

I am assuming the other one on the right is also a hoodie with a simple automatic hand gun.

I take potshots at the female with the strange weapon...it's a bazooka or a sniper rifle, but I try to take potshots anyways.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You seem to have misunderstood; they're using a long barreled machine pistol , also the other guy on the right is using a box-magazined weapon with a detachable stock. You fire at the female and she goes down, weather wounded or killed aside, without her support the other guy on the right is soon dispatched by the duo on the left, they turn on you and one fires a stream of rounds at you, the other reloads.
Almost immediately a bullet glances of the glass on your mask, creating a massive web of cracks, disrupting your vision.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I decide to slam the door shut that the creature went through (if possible) then examine the machine gun. Can I use it?

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Oh the misunderstandings...

I try to alternate from hiding and shooting from cover.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

The door shuts as easily as if it was shut by a guy named Ilden Rendangraver, the mounted gun however is more difficult, the gun, and the tripod it's mounted on, are together the size of a moderately sized moter-bike and just as heavy. There is a crank for turning it around on the mount but it can't actually turn 180 degrees around.

State: Healthy,

The area is desolate of any hiding places, not too mention you barely be able to see if it was with you vision so impaired by your broken gas-mask.
If you think you can make it you could climb down the ladder back into the building you were in before and perhaps nab a carbine from the armoury and ditch your gas-mask.

Talonwood
Talonwood
536 posts
Nomad

I will make the machine gun unusable if I can then exit this creepy place, back to get more yellow rock...

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

As the mighty god lord0ftiki has condescended to me in my time of despair, I head back down to the armory that I found and take with me a carbine while I throw away m broken gas mask.

lord0ftiki
lord0ftiki
1,146 posts
Nomad

You crush the barrel of the weapon with a few swings from your pick but when you head back for the tunnel you find that its filling up with water.

Arms: Gorgon 7/9
Items: Pickaxe, Knife, Medical Kit, Commando knife, carbon-fiber gloves, silencer, x1 Key card, $120 worth off medicinal rock, magnum clip 10/10

Don't sulk Zyba, anyone taking automatic fire from two sources at short range in a clear area would be lucky not to be torn to shreds.

In the armoury there are four assault rifles, two are broken though,
one of the operational ones is a gas-operated weapon with a cheap metal frame, the other is a smaller partly wooden old-fashioned carbine.

Zyba
Zyba
1,126 posts
Peasant

Arms: Gorgon 7/9
Items: Pickaxe, Knife, Medical Kit, Commando knife, carbon-fiber gloves, silencer, x1 Key card, $120 worth off medicinal rock, magnum clip 10/10

Unfortunately, while I should my tongue, for the god lord0ftiki has been benevolent to me, I am urged to say "He doesn't seem to know what is sarcasm doesn't he", which I should not.

I take both gas operated and partially-wooden assault rifles, but keep the partially wooden one away.

Showing 121-135 of 742