Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Marriage equality

Posted Jan 29, '14 at 8:27pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

I don't think it should be anyone's business to decide.
but,
I feel that this thread was never intended to be a fair discussion about what it claims to be about. Because if I posted my real opinions and outlook (in non-offensive language mind you), I'm sure it would get me banned. Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most people here just want me to say how much I love the people in question and not express my real feelings?

Posted Jan 29, '14 at 8:40pm

themastaplaya

themastaplaya

1,059 posts

and seriously, could I even disagree without any of you calling me a (Oh No!, here it comes!!) homophobe?

Well I've got a new word for gays- heterophobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, gay people are not gay, they live a miserable lifestyle.

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 3:18am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,761 posts

I feel that this thread was never intended to be a fair discussion about what it claims to be about.

No, it is.
The side that is for marriage equality, however, just has an inherent advantage in the argument.

Because if I posted my real opinions and outlook (in non-offensive language mind you), I'm sure it would get me banned.

No it wouldn't. We have had people say some pretty hateful stuff and their profiles are still alive and well.

Your beliefs would be questioned, of course, because this is where beliefs are questioned.
Even more priority would be placed on you if you asserted your beliefs as facts.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most people here just want me to say how much I love the people in question and not express my real feelings?

I, for one, couldn't give two ****s in a handbasket. Although, I believe there is already a thread about homosexuality in general, so stating it in this thread really wouldn't make sense, unless you believed it an argument for your stance on the matter at hand in this thread.

and seriously, could I even disagree without any of you calling me a (Oh No!, here it comes!!) homophobe?

Depends on what your reasoning is for not liking homosexuals. If it is because you find it "icky", then yeah you would be a homophobe. If it was from religious reasons there is a chance you wouldn't be one.

Well I've got a new word for gays- heterophobe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) Not a new word.

2) There is a chance that there are heterophobes out there, but they don't necessarily have to be gay.

Huh..well when I was at the gay bar not just a couple hours ago, everyone seemed quite happy.

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 5:10am

Pazx

Pazx

6,125 posts

Bit of a necro

This is going in the annals of this website.

Depends on what your reasoning is for not liking homosexuals. If it is because you find it "icky", then yeah you would be a homophobe. If it was from religious reasons there is a chance you wouldn't be one.

If somebody doesn't like homosexuals, they are homophobic.

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 5:18am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,302 posts

Knight

Have a couple of friends who are gay; they're happy on the whole, but when they're not, much of the time it's because of homophobic people and the ostracizing.

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 9:57am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

Im kinda fine with Gay's but its against the natural balance so i prefer to stay away from them as i wouldnt want them stalking me, lol

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 10:05am

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,302 posts

Knight

Im kinda fine with Gay's but its against the natural balance so i prefer to stay away from them as i wouldnt want them stalking me, lol

I think that's a bit callow. Homosexuals simply are attracted to the other gender, that's all, they're not lecherous anymore than a heterosexual. There're definitely going to be homosexuals with criminal tendencies, but the same can be said for heterosexuals.

I was brought up in an environment which shunned them as well, so I know how you feel, but after I grew up, interacted with them, and read up more on the topic, that mindset changed a hundred and eighty degrees. Try giving them a chance too!

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 10:09am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

Alright if you say so

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 10:11am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

As you are saying this then i suppose that i should give them a chance and if they are nice then i wont avoid them but, ill see what Islam say's about Gays

Posted Jan 30, '14 at 10:16am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

There was a Story about Prophet Lut (PBUH) in which the town he lived in had Gay men and there was a verse about it:

And [We had sent] Lot when he said to his people, "Do you commit such immorality as no one has preceded you with from among the worlds?(80)Indeed, you approach men with desire, instead of women. Rather, you are a transgressing people."(81) Al-Araf 80-81

Do you approach males among the worlds(165).And leave what your Lord has created for you as mates? But you are a people transgressing."(166)

[Al-Naml27:55][3]

Do you indeed approach men with desire instead of women? Rather, you are a people behaving ignorantly."

And the two who commit it among you, dishonor them both. But if they repent and correct themselves, leave them alone. Indeed, Allah is ever Accepting of repentance and Merciful.

Reply to Marriage equality

You must be logged in to post a reply!