ForumsThe TavernPersonality Types

45 24851
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

So, in another thread, pangtongshu said:
I've noticed that I have a tendency to respond to things (on AG) that makes me come off as if I have a certain standpoint on an issue, when I'm either not even on the issue at all, or have a standpoint that isn't what people assume XD

I learned about the Myers-Briggs test in psychology. You might be type I--J, which generally means you're internally fluid and open to change, but others tend to perceive that you aren't and think your views are solid.

I'm personally distinctly INTJ: I(67%) N(88%) T(75%) J(56%)

Take the free test here to find your personality type.
Learn more about the individual types through the links here.

Discuss how accurate the indicator is. What do you agree/disagree with? If you could change your type, which one would you want? Which would you avoid?

• 45 Replies
GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

Well, I'm ESFP: E (33%) S (50%) F (12%) P (11%).
I think this test is accurate, because I'm that type of a person.

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,711 posts
Blacksmith

yes, these tests are allways accurate, even if they try to analyze your IQ. they match the individual personalities of every human so they can be very accurate. the best part are the many answer-possibilities so they can give you the perfect answer.

do i need to use more sarcasm?

sometimes i have the feeling i need to create a hard but obvious test so that everyone who fails it thinks that he/she is either very dumb or that tests can not analyze something like your inteligence.

R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I am ESFJ Extravert(44%)  Sensing(38%)  Feeling(50%)  Judging(1%). 'Nuff said, although most of the questions I guessed on.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

I'm an ISTJ. I (89%), S (25%), T (88%), J (90%).
I think the general description fits me pretty well. I do have an obsession with rules and duty, and obviously I also have loner tendencies.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'm apparently a ISTJ: I(89%) S(62%) T(25%) J(11%)

I read the self-awareness leverage text. Some things seem to apply quite well, especially the I parts. I don't agree with my apparent SJ orientation, however.

gaboloth
gaboloth
1,613 posts
Peasant

The first time I closed the tab before writing down the results... I remember the numbers, but for the letters I'm just assuming they're re same as my second time. The first one is probably more accurate.

first: I(89%)  N(67%)  T(25%)  J(1%)
second: I(89%)  N(25%)  T(12%)  J(22%)

The self awareness thing says that INTJs have strong self confidence, so there must be something wrong... but there are some things it got right too, like expecting people to make sense.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

Apparently, I'm an ISTP with I (78%), S (12%), T (50%), P (22%)

I find this test quite interesting as it does seem to somewhat describe me.

Sonatavarius
Sonatavarius
1,322 posts
Farmer

According to the last time I took the test... I'm INTP! Which according to some people was the same as Einstein! yup... be jelly

http://www.celebritytypes.com (It's totes reliable, b/c it's on the internet and therefore true!)

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

sometimes i have the feeling i need to create a hard but obvious test so that everyone who fails it thinks that he/she is either very dumb or that tests can not analyze something like your inteligence.

This has nothing to do with intelligence; there's no right or wrong answer.
partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

Introvert(33%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(62%) Judging(33%)

seems accurate. altho i had slightly different results from a dutch test.
i guess because it's easyer for me to understand the essentials of the questions in dutch.

GandalftheGrey666
GandalftheGrey666
1,859 posts
Peasant

After the second test:
ESFP: E (78%) S (50%) F (12%) P (11%).

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

"ISTP: Introvert(50%) Sensing(62%) Thinking(12%) Perceiving(17)%"
Sensing? I must've said something wrong then. I don't feel for people...

Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

INTJ
Introvert 22% Intuitive 38% Thinking 50% Judging 1%

Seems kind of right I suppose

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,447 posts
Jester

Sensing? I must've said something wrong then. I don't feel for people...

That's not what it means. It's about how you like to learn stuff.

Wiki: Sensing types enjoy a learning environment in which the material is presented in a detailed and sequential manner. Sensing types often attend to what is occurring in the present, and are able to move to the abstract after they have established a concrete experience. Intuitive types prefer a learning atmosphere in which an emphasis is placed on meaning and associations. Insight is valued higher than careful observation, and pattern recognition occurs naturally for Intuitive types.
Kasic
Kasic
5,556 posts
Jester

Introvert(67%) iNtuitive(75%) Thinking(50%) Judging(56%)
You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (56%)

I would say this is accurate, except the thinking over feeling which should be closer to probably 70%.

Showing 1-15 of 45