ForumsThe TavernPersonality Types

45 24785
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

So, in another thread, pangtongshu said:
I've noticed that I have a tendency to respond to things (on AG) that makes me come off as if I have a certain standpoint on an issue, when I'm either not even on the issue at all, or have a standpoint that isn't what people assume XD

I learned about the Myers-Briggs test in psychology. You might be type I--J, which generally means you're internally fluid and open to change, but others tend to perceive that you aren't and think your views are solid.

I'm personally distinctly INTJ: I(67%) N(88%) T(75%) J(56%)

Take the free test here to find your personality type.
Learn more about the individual types through the links here.

Discuss how accurate the indicator is. What do you agree/disagree with? If you could change your type, which one would you want? Which would you avoid?

• 45 Replies
loco5
loco5
16,288 posts
Peasant

ISTJ with more preference to the I and the T, seems to be me

darkblueoc
darkblueoc
31 posts
Nomad

Extravert(56%) iNtuitive(62%) Feeling(69%) Perceiving(17)%
ENFP... so, don't have me as a commander...kk

killersup10
killersup10
2,739 posts
Blacksmith

Introvert-iNtuitive-Feeler-Perceiver Thanks to Emp for giving Killersup a new link to the test. The questions seemed to be very similar to a question that was just answered.

MoonFairy
MoonFairy
3,390 posts
Shepherd

I love these tests. Usually I get ENFP or ENFJ depending on whatever I'm feeling at the time. Most of the questions I'm somewhat of both so it differs every time. I seem to get ENFP more often, but this time I got ENFJ

Extravert(56%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(50%) Judging(22%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)

You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)

You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)

You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

I'm okay with these results I guess.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

ENTJ
Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(12%) Thinking(12%) Judging(44%)
You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

So I'm with Frank then.

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I'm not going to really bother to take the test again because I know where I fall on all of these, and I took it recently.

I'm definitely introverted. I'm actually pretty charming nowadays, because school, but the question about needing to get away after prolonged interaction is highly resonant with me. To me, introvert/extrovert has one easy question: do you feel energized or drained by socializing? I am drained.

I'm intuitive. I tend to see things holistically and gain knowledge that way.

I have no clear preference for thinking or feeling. I think it's a false dichotomy. I am not impulsive at all, even when I do seemingly impulsive things I plan very carefully. I'm very analytical and like to really think about how best to handle stuff. However, I'm very empathetic, answering all those questions with resounding yeses, and I'm very driven by emotion. I think long and hard about stuff, but what I'm trying to figure out is how it will affect me emotionally and how it will affect others. I spend a long time thinking about what I feel is best. Emotion drives most of my actions.

I don't understand the difference between the last two because I refuse to read. I always score in the middle for this too so whatever. I'm very judgmental, so that's like a judging thing. But I'm also very holistic in my perception of things, which might be a perceiving thing. Actually, if someone could explain what these two mean, along with maybe sensing in a few short sentences with little words, that'd be great.

Anyway, I think this test is crap. Answering a lot of the questions literally yields a result opposite of what is accurate. They should be worded better, because if you answer the actual meaning of the words, not the intent based on context, it really skews your results.

I also think most of the dichotomies are false.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

If you ask me, the test is basically asking "Do you get your ideas/motivation/skills/traits/whatever from yourself or from outside forces?"

Extraverts are outside themselves. Introverts are inside themselves.
Sensing takes place outside oneself. Intuition takes place within oneself.
Feeling occurs from outside actions. Thinking occurs from inside actions.
Perceiving is created from oneself. Judging is created from outside oneself.

soccerdude2
soccerdude2
1,673 posts
Shepherd

Extravert(33%) iNtuitive(38%) Thinking(50%) Judging(44%)
You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (50%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Heh Heh, extravent and judging percentages exactly the same as Sal.

I guess I'm a moderate person then. A lot of the questions seemed to be able to go either way for me, though. I don't really like these tests, blegh.

Riptizoid101
Riptizoid101
6,257 posts
Farmer

Your Type
ENFJ
Extravert(56%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(50%) Judging(33%)

You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (56%)
You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Those are my results. Shocking how I prefer "feeling" over "thinking", but I suppose that would accurate, considering I tried to answer the questions as objectively and impartially as I can. Though, they can unconsciously be biased, considering I had answered questions about myself.

Perhaps I should get a close friend to answer these questions for me so that I would receive more accurate results about myself...

royalguy
royalguy
148 posts
Nomad

ENTJ!
E(75%) N(50%) T(75%) J(75%)
ESTJ
S(50%)

knight_34
knight_34
13,822 posts
Farmer

Back in the day I was INTJ.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,769 posts
Chamberlain

ESTP! I took a different test but the description fit very well! Don't remember what the numbers were though.

~Manly

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Oooo, now I'm an ISFJ. Queer. I feel like one though. Not so much the E and N parts, perhaps its the energy being shed from teenage-hood. I don't know how accurate the test is though, it doesn't seem very focused. I hope I'm not Jekyll and Hyde, with changing personality foundations.

LaurenLouise1507
LaurenLouise1507
88 posts
Nomad

INFJ
Introvert(89%) iNtuitive(12%) Feeling(12%) Judging(33%)
You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (89%)
You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (33%)

Describes me perfectly.

Showing 31-44 of 45