ForumsThe TavernPhobias

28 6508
R2D21999
R2D21999
18,319 posts
Treasurer

I was talking to Storm about her phobia with horses and was very interested in her phobia, that I decided to make a thread about phobias

What's your phobia? How did you get it?

Those are the questions.

My phobia is heights. When I was in probably 4h grade, I was in a camp called K.O.D.A Camp, there was this 30 ft high tower that we were supposed to climb. I went up and I got about halfway when I decided to look down, my eyes were wide, I told the guy pulling on the rope to let me down. When I got to the bottom my body was shaking.

So that's the reason for my phobia of heights.

• 28 Replies
Bronze
Bronze
2,417 posts
Shepherd

I used to love ducks. The little quackers made me giggle from their goofiness. Then one day, a rouge Bufflehead chased me. He chased me out of the park, and stared at me until I got in my car and left. Now I have anatidaephobia. The fear that somewhere-somehow a duck is watching me.

I also hate roaches.

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

Yeah...except...that idea scares the hell out of me too
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i dont have any phobias i'm aware of but i fear to puke.
yea i know it sounds silly. but i really dont like it. when i gotta puke i can't control my breath anymore. getting sort of the opposite of hyperventilating.

light_chaser
light_chaser
1,044 posts
Peasant

erm, mine is almost heights, but I'm fine when I am on a mountain, it's more that if I'm on a building, I think the floor will collapse under me...

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Spiders, ever since I watched the movie Lost in Space, I cannot stand spiders.

~~~Darth Caedus

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
513 posts
Peasant

I kind of hate bees been stung by one once I think

SSTG
SSTG
13,055 posts
Treasurer

I have Vertigo. Whenever I climb higher than 2 meters my legs start shaking and feel weak, I also get dizzy.
One time I climbed on the roof of a building (3 story high) and my legs became weak and I had to crawl like a lizard to look down. Then it took me 10 minutes to gather the courage to climb down.
I also have arachnophobia. I HATE SPIDERS!!!
Since I live in the US I keep seeing big ones! Some are bigger than an I-phone 4!
Every time I mow my lawn I see 25 crawling away. My house is surrounded by Brown Recluses!
I see their web often in dark corners of my house so I destroy them right away (wearing gloves).
I keep wondering when one will crawl into my bed and bite me!!!!
:O
-------------- `O//

WhipGrit
WhipGrit
7 posts
Nomad

I have a phobia of going long-distances at night, especially in a busy city.

scardragon99
scardragon99
570 posts
Nomad

Nyctophobia= Extreme fear of the dark.
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned it yet. I wouldn't say i have it but i'm not really scared of the dark; just what's in it. 0_0 (2spooky4me)

Dementore
Dementore
6 posts
Nomad

I would have to say my worst fears are mummies. Pharaohphobia I believe it's called. When I was in fifth grade our teacher took us to a museum that had a special exhibit on mummies and most of them were unwrapped. That coupled with the fact that everyone got to take home their own complimentary poster!! of one of the unwrapped mummies...

pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

I would have to say my worst fears are mummies. Pharaohphobia I believe it's called. When I was in fifth grade our teacher took us to a museum that had a special exhibit on mummies and most of them were unwrapped. That coupled with the fact that everyone got to take home their own complimentary poster!! of one of the unwrapped mummies...

I'm curious...why are you scared of mummies to the point of a phobia?
SonOfVader
SonOfVader
110 posts
Blacksmith

I've got this fear of heights; which is strange because I like climbing things like tress, cliff-faces and mountains. However, when it comes to man-made structures (i.e. skyscrapers) well: I get shudders just looking up at them, especially if I'm right at the base of it. Like, when I climbed the Eiffel tower, I refused to take the lift, I could only go up by taking the stairs. And when I got to the second level the height freaked me out a bit so I didn't want to go to the top, which was much higher. And just looking upwards towards the top gave me shudders. Funnily enough, I've always fantasised that if I ever wanted to kill myself I'd do it by jumping from a height.

On a side note; does anyone else occasionally dream that they're falling off a cliff or from a plane, and wake up spasming?

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,232 posts
Jester

Spiders, ever since I watched the movie Lost in Space, I cannot stand spiders.

I think I might've seen that, is it the one in which that lady accidentally swallows giant spider eggs and has her stomach explode as they're running to safety? Wait no that's the original verison of Journey to the center of the earth. I still think I might've seen that other one though...

wouldn't say i have it but i'm not really scared of the dark; just what's in it.

EXACTLY!! *waves hands around*
Showing 16-28 of 28