Posted Nov 21, '13 at 6:25pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,248 posts

Was the band American?
Was it a rock group of some kind?
Was the lead singer white?
Was their major hit from the late 80's?
Was the cause of death AIDS? (this seems to have been established but I want to make sure)
Is it known today whether the lead singer was homosexual?

Posted Nov 21, '13 at 9:41pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,716 posts

Was the cause of death AIDS? (this seems to have been established but I want to make sure)

Actually, it could have been this he was talking about, which results from AIDS

Posted Nov 27, '13 at 12:04am

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

Was the band American?

Neither the frontman nor the band were American, and the band and the lead singer were not from the same country.

Was it a rock group of some kind?

You wouldn't think of this group as a rock group, no. The hit that they're most known for isn't really what most would consider a rock song.

Was the lead singer white?

He was.

Was their major hit from the late 80's?

Not early, not late.

This man's cause of death was AIDS.

Is it known today whether the lead singer was homosexual?

Wikipedia won't tell you one way or another, but it's pretty well established that he was definitely gay or bisexual.

Actually, it could have been this he was talking about, which results from AIDS

If you had read my answers more carefully, you would have noticed one of them states that Dan Hartman also suffered from the same cause of death. Freddie died of bronchopneumonia, but Dan died of a brain tumor. Both causes of death were AIDS-induced, as was that of the dead guy whom you still haven't guessed.

Posted Dec 5, '13 at 4:20pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

Is nobody else going to guess?

Posted Dec 9, '13 at 6:45pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,248 posts

The only guy I can think of who fits these descriptions is Jimmy McShane, from Baltimora. "Tarzan Boy" has consistently been one of my favorite songs for a while now, and I remember actually being sad when I found out Jimmy died of AIDS, even though he actually died less than three months after I was born.

Posted Dec 10, '13 at 6:49pm

Ernie15

Ernie15

13,302 posts

Knight

The only guy I can think of who fits these descriptions is Jimmy McShane, from Baltimora.

Glad to see my dead guy wasn't too obscure for somebody. Almost four weeks of leaving people completely stumped, too. I'm not going to hesitate to say that I'm very proud of myself for finding the perfect amount of obscurity.

Posted Dec 12, '13 at 6:44pm

Terry_Logic

Terry_Logic

4,248 posts

Oh, I got it right? Sweet.

I'm thinking of a man whose acting career lasted six decades and has appeared in around 225 documented movies.

Posted Dec 12, '13 at 8:22pm

nichodemus

nichodemus

13,243 posts

Knight

Is the man white?

Posted Dec 12, '13 at 11:04pm

Riptizoid101

Riptizoid101

5,809 posts

Has the man ever directed for a movie or was involved behind the scenes in any way?

Has the man been in any movies that have become trilogies or sagas?

Was the man a child or teenager when he started his acting career?

Posted Dec 13, '13 at 1:34am

Devoidless

Devoidless

3,838 posts

Harold Goodwin

Reply to Name That Dead Guy!

You must be logged in to post a reply!