ForumsPopular MediaName That Dead Guy!

562 212928
TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,764 posts
Chamberlain

So I've been planning on making this thread for quite awhile now, since 2012 as I recall, but as always, I procrastinated. Anywho, no, this is not a copy of Name That Song, I was taught this game in "The Real World" and played it there.

So here's how it works, someone, me to start, thinks of a dead person who must be famous. To avoid as much spam as possible, gives off certain details about him/her from the start. After that, everyone will try to guess who said dead guy is whilst asking 'yes' or 'no' questions about him. It would be preffered, so as to avoid spam, that unless you have a rather unique question, or are guessing the identity of the dead guy, that you ask more than one question per post.

E.G.
Person 1: I'm thinking of a dead male, caucasion with black hair
Person 2: did he did within the last 5 years and was a singer?
Person 1: Yes to both.
Person 2: Micheal Jackson.
Person 1: Yes. Chose your dead guy.

I'm going to start off with a dead caucasion male, black hair, was known for being on television and without further questioning I will go into no more details on what area of television.

Ask and guess away.

• 562 Replies
EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,444 posts
Jester

There should be some sort of contingency so this doesn't die in case someone guesses right but doesn't come back.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Let's just use the age-old rule, "first come, first serve" to determine the next Dead Guy Chooser. How about we have the rule take place after 24 hours of the conformation of the previous answer?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Ok, I think I got this.

I am thinking of a monarch of antiquity, who ruled a people that he/she was not descended from.

~~~Darth Caedus

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Was the person a male or female?
Does antiquity here refer to the actual Antiquity period, or does it merely refer to a period of the past?
Was he European?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Was the person a male or female?

Female

Does antiquity here refer to the actual Antiquity period, or does it merely refer to a period of the past?
Originally I was just thinking of the past, but based on what wikipedia identifies as Classical Antiquity, she lived in that period.

Was he European?
I guess you could say that.

~~~Darth Caedus
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

everyone will try to guess who said dead guy is whilst asking 'yes' or 'no' questions about him.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Queen Zenobia.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

@Blk, yes, she is egyptian.

@nicho, no, it isn't Zenobia.

~~~Darth Caedus

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Cleopatra?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Cleopatra VII to be more specific.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

She was a Hittite, a people from Anatolia, not Haiti.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

Maathorneferure was a daughter of the Hittite king Hattusili III and his wife, Queen Puduhepa. She was the sister of the crown prince Nerikkaili of Hatti and the sister of the later Hittite king Tudhaliya IV.

Read properly. I don't care whether there's no rule or not, that's of secondary concern, but I'm a stickler for historical accuracy.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

haiti? lol.
back then no1 even knew of the existence of haiti.
if it even existed back then at all..

==================

- Ankhesenamun
- Cleopatra VII
- Hatshepsut
- Nefertari
- Nefertiti

it must be one of those 5. xD

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Cleopatra VII to be more specific.

Correct, descended from the line of Ptolemy, she was Macedonian, although she was the first of the family to learn Egyptian (according to wikipedia).

Btw, how did haiti come up?

~~~Darth Caedus
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

So do I go next?

I guess that he read Hatti as Haiti.

Showing 121-135 of 562