ForumsWEPRRising Gas Prices ?

23 7033
TheMetalGrunt
TheMetalGrunt
113 posts
Nomad

This site has wide variety of people all around the world. What do think of the rising gas prices and who do you personally believe is at fault for them ?

• 23 Replies
Futuro
Futuro
108 posts
Nomad

I do not think they are a scam, once you start to drive then you will start to care about it. How about you try to get around everywhere and pay for these disturbing prices.

florglee2
florglee2
1,778 posts
Peasant

it was when that hurricane hit New Orleans.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Okay, I didn't read the previous posts (I've caught ADD today...yes Strop, I know...I know!)

Here is what I am gathering from the oil business:

- We are getting most of our oil from the middle east. So, we gave them 300 BILLION dollars to give their country (Iraq) Why can't they cut us a break on gas.
- Bush proposed that we drill in the gulf and in the Rockies. The environmentalists say NO WAY! Bush claims it would be noninvasive (I think he said uninvasive, because he is slow and special) and clean.

- Brazil uses 30% ethanol, why can't we find some alternate like they have?
- Why is the cost so freaking high?

Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

Haha, nice one Ash

But she has a point. But the only reason why prices are high is because of many reasons, this site will explain some.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3708951.stm

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

We just need to reduce our use of oil, and look towards renewable energy. We have to do it eventually, we may as well make it big now.

And I hate to say it, but in some ways these high gas prices are a good thing. It is encouraging people to carpool, drive less, and therefor putting less pollution into our atmosphere. Personally, I don't like having to use my car. But for where I am living right now it is a must. When I am at school, all I do is ride my bicycle everywhere in town. Cheap, and good for the environment!

EL_Dyablo_666
EL_Dyablo_666
579 posts
Nomad

I think it's a bad thing

Graham
Graham
8,052 posts
Nomad

o boy i have the solution lets put corn in our gas! (sarcastic)

SuperzMcShort
SuperzMcShort
325 posts
Nomad

Agreed, corn in our gas is bad because (this is from a source I don't remember off the top of my head and am not patient enough to look up) using corn to create ethanol yields barely a 1:1 energy invested to energy returned ratio while using things like sweet grass and other crops yields something closer to 3:1 ratios which still isn't that great but potentially might be part of a solution to becoming less dependent on fossil fuels that have ratios somewhere in the range of 30:1

Showing 16-23 of 23