Forums

ForumsThe Tavern

What the brown, katz?

Posted May 11, '13 at 1:02am

BadHaikuBird

BadHaikuBird

17 posts

Seriously, I swear that every second post is someone making some insulting remark.

Dammit, you guys would be the angry drunk. It's much nicer in other areas of the forums.

Guess I'll fit right in then...

Posted May 11, '13 at 1:22am

nichodemus

nichodemus

11,841 posts

Knight

That's the WERP. Welcome to the internet. Have you seen what people post on the major news outlets?

Posted May 11, '13 at 9:48am

wflag10

wflag10

1,228 posts

^ I don't think were that bad to each other, it's not like we make entire posts cussing out each other (like major news outlets).

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:04am

Kasic

Kasic

5,564 posts

I think a lot of it depends on the tone you read into the posts. Without enough context or knowing the person, you can pretty much imagine whatever voice you want for them and make it sound happy, informative, aggressive, chiding, or whatever else.

'Tis why I hate the stupid, "What is the tone of this passage?" questions on standardized tests. The answer is almost always, "all of the above" unless it's dialogue and you're given context in which the character is speaking.

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:13am

pickpocket

pickpocket

3,318 posts

Uh.... You have 2 posts so I don't really think you know us that well. But a sure way of us to not like you is to insult us. So good job.
Maybe that's what you're talking about, but like nicho said, welcome to te interwebz where we all hate each other.

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:29am

xeano321

xeano321

2,545 posts

Knight

Seriously, I swear that every second post is someone making some insulting remark.

LoL That's the AG community. If you were to hang around long enough, you would learn that most users aren't serious in being critical or rude. (Except in the WEPR. Those guys don't joke when they say you're stupid.)

Posted May 11, '13 at 11:31am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,230 posts

An insulting remark..or someone commenting on what another person said?

Or..maybe..you were in You're Banned?

Dammit, you guys would be the angry drunk. It's much nicer in other areas of the forums.

You act like you have been in the forums for a couple of weeks now...

Posted May 11, '13 at 3:09pm

GhostOfMatrix

GhostOfMatrix

11,687 posts

Knight

No, we're all friends here. If they say otherwise, they're lying.

Posted May 11, '13 at 9:53pm

killersup10

killersup10

1,784 posts

Quite the odd post...

Uh.... You have 2 posts so I don't really think you know us that well. But a sure way of us to not like you is to insult us.

The best way to friendship is with hate.

No, we're all friends here. If they say otherwise, they're lying.

Except for Pick.

Posted May 12, '13 at 12:19am

xeano321

xeano321

2,545 posts

Knight

I love how we all responded with sarcastic answers. Poor sap, doesn't realize he was tricked.

Reply to What the brown, katz?

You must be logged in to post a reply!