ForumsThe TavernWhat the brown, katz?

98 22794
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

Seriously, I swear that every second post is someone making some insulting remark.

Dammit, you guys would be the angry drunk. It's much nicer in other areas of the forums.

Guess I'll fit right in then...

• 98 Replies
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

* =p

Somewhere within those bodies of text..I wanted one or two of these

xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

[quote]
314d1

I feel insulted.
[/quote]

So BHB is 314d1? (I actually remember that guy) That is all i've gotten out of this thread, excluding EndlessMarrow and KnightDeclan saying that this thread is rascist... (how?!?)
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

So BHB is 314d1?

No no..that was just a joke on my part

excluding EndlessMarrow and KnightDeclan saying that this thread is rascist... (how?!?)

EndlessMarrow didn't read the OP, but when he saw the title it was while it read "Man, you people are brown" or somewhere along those lines

KnightDeclan..who ****ing knows
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

@BHB

you guys...you guys...you guys...you guys...

Hmm... You wouldn't be indirectly implying that I'm brown are you? Just blurt it right out and say it so I can start holding a grudge against you.

You do need to relax about things not having a topic though. It's the internet.

Armor Games is an entirely different type of community from the rest of the internet. Threads that have gone totally off topic, as well as those who's subject is pretty much not even worth discussing are generally ended and locked by the boys in blue. (The mods.)

Some of you guys are kind of brown though which really annoys me... Apparently being brown is part of your character. I guess I can't change that.

I'll tell you right now, I'm not changing my personality just to please you. Don't even try. It's taken me years to become the most awesome user on AG, and I'm not changing it.

I don't think I could honestly continue. I'd feel too alien. It'd be a stupid way to go. I can't just call people brown and then attempt to join a community. I don't think anyone would really forget.

Perhaps you should have tried to get involved in the community first, then called everyone brown. Your discussion would have went over much better.

I think making a thread gameshow that involves the whole community would be one of the most awesome ideas ever.

Make it then..that'd be an amazing start for integrating into the community

I hate to be blunt, but even if you created a thread like that, it would be doomed to failure. What kind of gameshow can you play in the forums? Feel free to try where others have failed, but I'm just warning you that it probably wont work. (Unless you come up with an incredible idea.)

@pang
Hey everybody, longtime vet here.

[relic] of the dead past

Did you leave the museum open again pang? What's the big idea with letting Xzeno back in here?

@Dapro

Would you mind telling BadHaikuBird what my official job title is?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

@The Person I'm Replying To

I hate to be blunt, but even if you created a thread like that, it would be doomed to failure. What kind of gameshow can you play in the forums? Feel free to try where others have failed, but I'm just warning you that it probably wont work. (Unless you come up with an incredible idea.)

It would probably go in Forum Games..maybe jeopardy style? Or trivia style like Nerdsoft keeps trying to do..but forgets about

What's the big idea with letting Xzeno back in here?

The feelings may not be mutual..but I like and enjoy Xzeno =3
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

@pang

The feelings may not be mutual..but I like and enjoy Xzeno =3

Feelings are mutual. I never said I disliked Xzeno, he's an alright guy (just because his name is nearly as awesome as mine.) I'm just mad that you let him back in and not me... What a cruel, and heartless thing to do... BAHAHA I crack myself up.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Feelings are mutual.

I meant between Xzeno and myself =p but otay
BadHaikuBird
BadHaikuBird
17 posts
Nomad

@Xeano321

Hmm... You wouldn't be indirectly implying that I'm brown are you? Just blurt it right out and say it so I can start holding a grudge against you.

Nope. I don't think you're brown. Possibly purple, but not brown.

Perhaps you should have tried to get involved in the community first, then called everyone brown. Your discussion would have went over much better.

That would have been the most boring conversation I would have ever had. At least with me pictured as the bad guy that knows nothing I can get people's real thoughts not something they made up just to have a "Civilized conversation".

Well not with that attitude!

I'll tell you right now, I'm not changing my personality just to please you. Don't even try. It's taken me years to become the most awesome user on AG, and I'm not changing it.

I get that. I don't want to change your personality. However, I don't think being brown should be a huge part of your character. Sure, you can be sarcastic, even insulting. However, there is a point that's just not right under any circumstances.

@Xzeno

No, seriously. It actually was better. I'm being funny, yes, but it's funny because his assessment of vets was so spot-on. The community used to be better. That's actually a thing I believe.

How was it better?
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

I was here way longer than you. Give up the ruse, man: your name is a tribute to mine.

How was it better?
Much has been written on the topic. Basically, there was a lot more activity of a higher quality. We're seeing a general resurgence, but we're not to the levels of the "good ol' days". Then cormyn ruined everything.

It was going dry before that, but cormyn was definitely not a good part.

I don't know why I'm humoring you. It won't do anything for anyone.

Oh, and another thing? Those weapon choices made no sense. Katanas aren't magical. "Pistol" isn't anything close to an informed analysis. The entire airquotes "fun" of the zombie apocalypse is a) applying critical thinking to a hypothetical and b) the resultant power fantasy. While my tone in that post was perhaps more hostile than I intended, it was by no means overboard, and my content was definitely not out of line. If being a buzzkill means encouraging people to think critically, than I, sir, am a buzzkill.

I'm also a buzzkill if it means "hating it when people enjoy things I don't enjoy" or "hating fun in general."

And Pang, I like everyone. If you'll permit me a moment of sentimentality, I'm particularly fond of you as a contributor to the community, and I'm also a fan of Xeano's understated wit. It actually takes a lot to make me dislike you even mildly, and after that I'll feel ambivalently about you. Only one person on AG has ever managed to make me detest them totally.

Hey like when you quote a guy use a @ or whatever it makes it clear or something hehe.

No c:
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Those weapon choices made no sense. Katanas aren't magical.

I don't know about anyone else..but when I stated katanas, I be no means had an idea of magic associated with them. Under proper usage..they are one of the better weapons (proper usage: knowing how to handle/wield them, knowing how to keep the blade sharpened, etc.)

If you'll permit me a moment of sentimentality, I'm particularly fond of you as a contributor to the community,

Thank you..that actually means a lot to me

Only one person on AG has ever managed to make me detest them totally.

My gut feeling wants to say Cormyn..but I'm not sure =p

-----

However, there is a point that's just not right under any circumstances.

Challenge accepted

What if the person insulted both members of AG (including myself) and a group of people that I hold dear to me. Am I allowed moments of Brown characteristics then?
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,815 posts
Jester

Yay..typos

I be no means

*I by no means
xXxDAPRO89xXx
xXxDAPRO89xXx
6,737 posts
Baron

No no..that was just a joke on my part

Got it. But I thought since he had been banned it would seem logical.

EndlessMarrow didn't read the OP, but when he saw the title it was while it read "Man, you people are brown"

I never thought "brown" was really a "race" but I guess it is to some...

KnightDeclan..who ****ing knows

Yeah... KnightDeclan... He spazzed on at Nicho on the battle of the brands too.

@xeano

Which job title? Your AG one or your real job?
xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

@BHB

Nope. I don't think you're brown. Possibly purple, but not brown.

I would rather be orange. Orange is an awesome color.

At least with me pictured as the bad guy that knows nothing I can get people's real thoughts not something they made up just to have a "Civilized conversation".

Who said we are using real thoughts?

Well not with that attitude!

No offense intended. Like I said, I hate to be blunt, but I'm very knowledgeable about the internet. I've been using it for over 7 years now on a consistent basis, and I know for a fact that such an idea as a gameshow in the forums would be a total flop.

However, I don't think being brown should be a huge part of your character. Sure, you can be sarcastic, even insulting. However, there is a point that's just not right under any circumstances.

BHB, how old are you?

@Pang

Must you make me look stupid?

@Dapro

Which job title? Your AG one or your real job?

My real job. I didn't know I had an AG job. Hurray for me!
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Xzeno hates cormyn. Why would anyone try to persuade him otherwise?

*Vanishes*

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,981 posts
Grand Duke

One simple measure of the Community's quality then and now is the activity level in the AMW....

Showing 76-90 of 98