ForumsSupport ForumJust an idea . . . .

17 3124
Pricklykiller
Pricklykiller
124 posts
Nomad

I'm not sure whether this has been suggested before but how about getting AP for actually playing/being good at the games on AG? I mean, (no offense) but you could be the worlds worst games player, just post on the forums alot, rate all the games, make 5 word comments on all of them, and you are now the top guy with the most AP out of everybody! I mean, no offese but, thats not right! I myself am pretty hopeless at games, but 1 day I could be top, just for commenting and rating games and the like!

• 17 Replies
armorfighterXg10
armorfighterXg10
44 posts
Nomad

ok thats a weird idea. but it good one playing good at games. i would be probaly n1

good idea =)

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,204 posts
Farmer

but you could be the worlds worst games player, just post on the forums alot, rate all the games, make 5 word comments on all of them, and you are now the top guy with the most AP out of everybody!

Does it really matter about how well you can play games though?

Some people are literally just here for the community, or maybe are tired of playing games. Honestly, I don't play all too many games anymore, and just stick to the forums where a lot of the real fun is now, Flash games kinda got boring for now, but the forums aren't. While I do play games still, obviously, I haven't abandoned all Flash Games to the Recycle Bin! I don't get how that's fair for us people, who may not like playing games the entire time they spend here on Armourgames.

I see it like this, there are over 800 games on AG, like you said yourself:
but 1 day I could be top, just for commenting and rating games and the like!

All the people who aren't really fast at playing games, or don't play them as often as all the other members on AG aren't going to have any chance at getting to the top ranks now? While you don't see Forum users earning 1 point per post fair, we don't see people playing 200 games a day earning, probably 2-5 points each knowing all the people going to demand high point hand-outs for this type of thing, fair.

'Spamming':
It's not a horrible idea, but then again, how would AG actually tell if people are playing the games? Just like rating a game, all you have to do is hit a random rate, and you got the points, all someone would have to do is go to the page and leave. You could suddenly rise really quick and not be able to get caught, how would they take away your points? There isn't any way to tell how long someone was on a game really, and on top of that, how do we know they even played it? It could say Played 5 Minutes, but did they really even click it or just shuffle to another Tab? That could be a problem, I think.

So those are the two bad things I see with the idea. It just doesn't seem to be a good thing, you already gett points for rating and commenting, making a good comment gets you a merit. Why should there be points for actually playing the game now, since as I said, that will be the easiest thing to spam on AG.
i dunno, but that's my take on the whole thing =/
Wittman
Wittman
318 posts
Nomad

That is a very good way for hackers to get on and it will totally mess up the system.

Diamond_Destruction
Diamond_Destruction
93 posts
Nomad

Wittman is right, this idea will not even be considered unless we have a hack-proof system, and looking at the terms right now, I think we're far from it.

Diamond_Destruction
Diamond_Destruction
93 posts
Nomad

Wittman is right, this idea will not even be considered unless we have a hack-proof system, and looking at the terms right now, I think we're far from it.

KoS
KoS
86 posts
Nomad

Yea thats proabaly a good idea but we need to make sure we have something to stop people from cheating to complete the games!

Diamond_Destruction
Diamond_Destruction
93 posts
Nomad

I do, however, suggest that this idea can be considered once we get rid of all the cheaters and hackers of this website. Of course, personally, I wouldn't approve because I'm awful with games.

wow4ever1212
wow4ever1212
192 posts
Shepherd

Well, there will always be a way to hack anything, unfortunately. So I would not really consider this idea.

Diamond_Destruction
Diamond_Destruction
93 posts
Nomad

Okay, I just did not express my thoughts exactly. Now that I think about it, I do not even want to consider this idea. There is just too many cons to a few pros. So, I think AG should remain the way it is.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Seriously, this will not be done due to many reasons.
I WILL NOT list them all.

underwearboy
underwearboy
15 posts
Nomad

that is a good idea but it is mostly a bad one

Diamond_Destruction
Diamond_Destruction
93 posts
Nomad

It'll just cause more problems if you ask me.

turret
turret
1,628 posts
Shepherd

well if you suck at games you dont get as much points? I mean that would change all the rankingsd and people would be playing the games all day

1_800_ima_ninja
1_800_ima_ninja
43 posts
Nomad

also this will pretty much ruin the guide section because then every1 will have the same amount of points

oshimoto
oshimoto
46 posts
Nomad

I agree but i also think you should get AP for all the other things.

Showing 1-15 of 17