ForumsGamesHalo or Cod?

48 8541
Manthetheo
Manthetheo
6 posts
Peasant

Personally, I would go with Halo. I did grow up with it and it has been with me along time. But what about you?

• 48 Replies
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Bungie had a contract with Microsoft which is now over. Microsoft also owns Halo, but that doesn't mean that it owns Bungie.
My understanding was that Microsoft bought the company.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I think the thing I can't stand the most about Halo is how they just dropped the PC aspect of it. I mean you'd think that MIcrosoft would at least have their games on the PC seeing as how they made Windows and everything. Thats just plain arrogant to make a game only for their console that was doing great on the PC and Xbox. I am a PC gamer and I pulled away from the Xbox because it isn't really that great of a system anyway. The PS3 titles and Exclusive content is great. I figured that because I played Halo 1 on the PC that maybe, just maybe the other games would be on the PC too nope ****.
At least Call of Duty is on every console and on the PC so everyone can play it.

Halo 1 may have set the standard for futuristic shooters but it certainly didn't raise the bar on its own games. Halo is pretty much the same drab game and not really replayable. And its not even like I have a biased opinion. I played Halo I played Halo 3 because lets face it I wasn't going to get the Original xbox just to play Halo 2 because it looked horrible compared to the ps2 and ps3.
I went through and beat halo 3 and I got all the Skulls and no I wasn't going to bother trying it on legendary because that is pointless.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I prefer the genre Halo exhibits, as opposed to the army genre.

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Salvididian: have you ever played either of the games. You don't seems like someone that is interested in First Person Shooters

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

Thats just plain arrogant to make a game only for their console

The Xbox needed a flagship to rise above the other consoles. Halo was that flagship. If it was on PC too, the effect wouldn't be the same.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

The Xbox needed a flagship to rise above the other consoles. Halo was that flagship. If it was on PC too, the effect wouldn't be the same.

I don't know if it makes that much of a difference. They should at least go back and port some of their games over to bring in more PC gamers. The thing that Microsoft is starting to do is bring down PC gamers. Windows 8 is a horrible platform for gaming and they know that it is and they knowingly made it horrible for PC gamers. I think they are trying to make their console seem better by making Windows worse
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

I agree that console exclusives are a negative thing, because it's a barrier that prevents a big part of the community from playing a lot of games (and some really good ones too), but it's a reality and far from a problem exclusive to Halo.

Exclusive titles are one of the last few (if not the only) real factors of distinction between consoles nowadays. Nintendo practically lives by its first-party titles' appeal. Exclusives make consoles competitive.

Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

Salvididian: have you ever played either of the games. You don't seems like someone that is interested in First Person Shooters

Where have I led you to believe that? Granted, it's not much my favorite type of game, but I prefer the atmosphere games like Halo have.
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Where have I led you to believe that? Granted, it's not much my favorite type of game, but I prefer the atmosphere games like Halo have.

Oh no offense or anything, You just seem like a wii kind of person.

But yeah I think the Exclusives are definitely the reason people play certain consoles over another. But even some PlayStation games are starting to show on Steam and im liking it
ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

PS3 exclusives? Like what?

d_dude
d_dude
3,525 posts
Peasant

But even some PlayStation games are starting to show on Steam and im liking it

PS3 exclusives? Like what?

Like none. A quick google search and checking the steam store for some of the biggest exclusives I know of for PS3 (Uncharted, Infamous, The Last of Us, God of War, and Little Big Planet all had no results) shows that it was a blatant lie. No PS3 exclusives are coming to PC. No Xbox exclusives are coming to PC.

I can't say it any better than ihsahn already has.

Exclusive titles are one of the last few (if not the only) real factors of distinction between consoles
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

First off I said PlayStation exclusives never PS3 exclusives. And im talking about the Legendary Soul Reaver and some older games. Its not a Sony exclusive just a PlayStation exclusive. But man I love that game

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Mainly just Eidos I didnt mean to get your guy's hopes up so much but Soul Reaver is just a game that I love and grew up on, and now that its on steam is just awesome

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Don't think I'm condoning console wars or anything. I think standardization would be way better. This competitive environment is bad for gamers, because it doesn't really stir developers to make better games, when you think about it - it just motivates Sony and Microsoft to grab good games for themselves and limit one another. Competition in the development sector is vibrant regardless of them.

And Sony/MS would still have plenty of reason to release God of War, Halo, Infamous, whatever, as they'd still sell millions of copies. More so than they already do, possibly, as everyone would be able to play them.
And Nintendo wouldn't be able to coast on their IPs' fanbase to sell their consoles, they'd be releasing games out with everyone else.

Outcast_Gamer117
Outcast_Gamer117
22 posts
Nomad

Halo. To each his own but I feel like Call of Duty really needs to work on their games. The multi-player is the same thing over and over again just with new guns, new maps, and a new HUD.

Showing 16-30 of 48