Forums

ForumsArt, Music, and Writing

The Lyceum - AG Literary Guild

Posted May 16, '13 at 11:57pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

9,759 posts

I suppose I shall ask to join as a member

To honor The Lyceum's origins, you and HahiHa get to keep your memberships.

[quote=Strop]In general, proven plagiarism warrants a permanent ban from AG, not just from any particular community activity.[/quote]

Good! That shall, hopefully, make users not tread in such disgusting territory.

Is there going to be enough users to make this worth while?

To be honest, in my opinion, even if it continued with the membership it has now...it would be worth while.

Posted May 17, '13 at 12:48am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

*Not in that way, you sicko.

Too bad...

To honor The Lyceum's origins

Sure... that's why. It would seem like a lot of BS if we reset it all just because the thread changed.

but I want to at least give the other users a fair chance.

It's not like it's one-at-a-time (yet). Anyone can attempt to join. It'll probably be easier to get in earlier because we have nothing here to compare works against.

Posted May 18, '13 at 7:19pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,037 posts

Knight

It's not like it's one-at-a-time (yet). Anyone can attempt to join. It'll probably be easier to get in earlier because we have nothing here to compare works against.

No, I didn't mean that. I meant it wouldn't be fair for me to enter, since anything compared to something as awesome as a story I wrote would immediately disqualify the contended.

Posted May 18, '13 at 7:42pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

since anything compared to something as awesome as a story I wrote would immediately disqualify the contended.

It's not a 'PvP contest'. It's based on individual effort and improvement.

Posted May 19, '13 at 12:07am

Hectichermit

Hectichermit

1,328 posts

Knight

I'll think about joining if there is a chance at some collaborative stuff. I am a poor writer and might test my mettle here to hammer out the slag. Perhaps you can intrigue new members with a fraternity like recruitment process, harass the newbies and make them do ridiculous things...just and idea...and nothing boring like a 5000 word essay on the reasons you want to join The Lyceum.

Anyways, if no one figures it out I'll write another section, but it should be easy.

What has a thousand fingers yet no hands.
Stretches its tendrils from earth to sky.
And bares its presence longer than you or I in the passage of time.

Posted May 19, '13 at 12:20am

xeano321

xeano321

3,037 posts

Knight

It's not a 'PvP contest'. It's based on individual effort and improvement.

It was a joke. Why would I assume it was PvP when it's clearly not posted? Man, people are way too serious in the AMW... It's like cracking a joke in the library.

Posted May 19, '13 at 12:37am

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

9,477 posts

It was a joke.

Of course, but I don't want anyone getting the idea that theirs won't be good enough, so they never try.

Posted May 20, '13 at 7:12pm

xeano321

xeano321

3,037 posts

Knight

Of course, but I don't want anyone getting the idea that theirs won't be good enough, so they never try.

Your starting this big ol' thing over one of my crummy jokes is probably deterring more people then my joke.

Posted May 21, '13 at 10:43am

Quirinus1

Quirinus1

158 posts

Themed submissions shall have to fit the following theme:

"Colours of the blinded"

It is due in two weeks, tuesday the fourth of June

I wish everyone luxorious literary leisure

Posted May 24, '13 at 5:00pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

4,299 posts

So yeah. This morning I woke up and brushed all the nasty, crusty filth from my eyes and collapsed into my bathtub. I wasn't drunk or anything, I was just a little tired.Now, unfortunately, I had a freaking bump on my noggin the size of New Jersey. It felt like I was getting slapped repeatedly. But no, this wasn't any ordinary slap. This was a slap from god**** Jesus telling me to get up and shower. So I fumbled around with whatever I could grab, knowing not of what the hell I was touching. I managed to dump shampoo all over my legs and fall over for the second time, all before the water was even on. I finally found the knob and twisted it harder than God twists the solar system. Before I could come to even the tiniest realization, I had lava pouring all over my body. I quickly turned something and found a very unpleasant feeling. I don't know what because at that point I slipped again and couldn't keep my conscious together anymore.

Reply to The Lyceum - AG Literary Guild

You must be logged in to post a reply!