Forums

ForumsVideo Games

Poor Observation vs Game Clones

Posted May 20, '13 at 12:05pm

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

Let's all face the cruel truth here, rip-offs/game clones should be praised since indie games are not the most mainstream type of games to catch our attention. I personally believe that the fine line should be drawn at plateform favorism since the PC gots all the necessary games while the console has to deal with some tin-foil games and sometimes there is a gem within that awful clutter, you can think copying a game is unethical then how about being exiled from a church for believing in your own religion that's Unethical in general.

Check the title, I don't think you saw it.

Not all games are clones, but a lot of games take inspiration.

He's saying that we shouldn't let a developer take the exact idea and concept another has and say that it's their own.

A good example of this would be the EA vs. Zynga court-case.

Posted May 20, '13 at 12:31pm

Mr_Sand

Mr_Sand

687 posts

What would FarCry 3 Blood Dragon be then?
Seeing as how its almost the same as FarCry but futuristic like Fallout 3 and Characters and phrases seem to be based off the 80s and 90s.
Theres Dragons/Dinosaurs
Weapons very similar to COD and Halo

Don't take me too serious I believe the game is original and meant to look like a futuristic 80s 90s fantasy. The game takes place in 2007 which is funny because the aspects from that game are not present now.

I do like this game though, some people think its just a way to get more money from the Far Cry franchise. Which is probably working because I bought it.  The game does have some language in it that kids probably shouldn't be hearing. I love how sarcastic the main character is.
So in this game you collect Tvs and VHS tapes. Well whenever you find a TV he says stuff like "I hope I don't have to find any feathers" or "Good thing im not finding flags"
Being a direct reference to Assassins Creed

Posted May 21, '13 at 8:55am

Vagueshade

Vagueshade

84 posts

What would FarCry 3 Blood Dragon be then?

A spin-off title.

And considering it's from the EXACT same company that gave you Far Cry 3, and considering that Blood Dragon is a type of "expansion" per se.

Posted May 21, '13 at 9:39pm

samiel

samiel

355 posts

Every Far-Cry game is a *mhm* far cry from the last I don't how true this is about 2-3 but the most I've seen of this is true in some sense or another anyway back to my point.It seems strange how different the Far-Cry games are and although it sometimes can make the game less fun it is refreshing after playing Halo and Call of Duty for so long I guess my point is I'm glad to see developers trying different stuff in their games wall sticking true to the gameplay style

Reply to Poor Observation vs Game Clones

You must be logged in to post a reply!