ForumsGamesGame you Just Can't stop playing

18 7990
Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Everyone has a favorite game. But whats a game that you just can't stop playing and why. Can be more than one and if you keep going back to play it even if its ten years old why not list that too.
These are games that never get old no matter how many times we beat them.
Even if its not your favorite game your still addicted to it

• 18 Replies
partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

Unreal tournament 2004
ive been playing it since the release in 2003. the big popular days of the game are gone for 5 year or so. all thats now left are the people who fell in love whit the game. and surprisedly thats still a few 1000 people.
no problems whit cheaters or hackers because of the professional community that has created a anti-cheat system that actually works ^^
i still play it at least once a week. even if it's just to stay in contact whit friends that i made there.

Trackmania (nations forever)
now this a a race game designed for me. i love the speed, the insane tracks and the fact that the game is free. ive been playing it since 2005. and it's still populated like hell. the freezone can be bypassed whit a (legal) exploit. and trackmania 2 isn't free, so allot people have stayed whit TNF. ^^

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

Banjo Kazooie/ Banjo Tooie.
I love this series and even though you need to have an old Nintendo 64 or Xbox 360 I still find time to play it and beat it at least once a year. I grew up around this game and I love it.

Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country
Both these games are fast paced long fun platformers for the old Snes and I love the style. I love that I know how to speed Run both the games and I love the fact that they are so fun and adventurous. The Music is great in DKC and SMW had the cape instead of the Tanooki suit and it was way easier to fly. I grew up playing these games with my friends even though they came out when I was born.

Borderlands
I'm sure you weren't expecting to see this one here but I played Borderlands 1 a lot and I am trying to beat Borderlands 2 with all the characters. The game just never gets old for me. And even though the missions will always be the same, I can count on the enemies being in different areas and having all kinds of different weapons

Super Smash Bros Melee
I only know how to play this on an emulator because I never had a GameCube but I love this game and its great to play with friends.

Gex 3 Deep Cover Gecko
This was probably my favorite game when I was a kid, The levels were awesome and the story was great and challenging. I just wish I still had a copy of it for Play Station so I could still enjoy it.

Spyro
Spyro was also another one of my favorite Sony exclusives, I don't like the way it went after it hit mainstream but It was a game I played over and over when I was a kid and I always made sure to get everything in the game.

MX vs ATV Reflex and Unleashed
These were both great games and probably one of my favorite Xbox 360 games. They were racing games but I loved the fact you could drive so many vehicles and the races were fun and free play mode was truly amazing.
I then tried to move onto the next gen which was Mx vs Atv alive. But that game was far from the games I had learned to love. Alive had minimal freeplay and had less vehicles to choose from.

Gauntlet
This game was probably the first hack and slash type of dungeon game I ever played but I would certainly say it was the best. It was just kept simple with plenty of looting and great multiplayer. The problem with games like this nowadays is that they aren't very simple. I also loved the Generators that you would destroy to stop the enemies. And the awesome but simple single spells.

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

i would like to add some more that i do not play as often as UT2004(epic pro-competition match in link ) or TM:NF

max payne:
i play 1 and 2 atleast once every 2-3 year. the atmosphere this game gives is one that not many matches and it was the very 1st game whit bullet time. something that is almost a standard these days. xD
(havn't played 3 yet, but sofar i can see it isn't really max payne. "howard jones" would suite the game aswell. it's just made to make money and milk/rip off the max payne nostalgia.)

serious sam:
chaos whit fun oneliners. a fast shooter just as i like. no cover to hide behind. be a man and just dodge that ****. xD
to be serious, i play the whole serie every 3 year or so.

pristontale:
one of the 1st mmorpg's and one of the very few i have played. (due to time consumption)
it's a mmorpg from befor the WoW standards.
however the servers are all down and the game can't be played anymore. =(
but i'm used to return to this game like 5 times befor it eventually was taken offline. good, good memory's. especially the community invented "wall climbing contests" just check the gameplay video inside links.=)

final fantasy 9,10:
once in a while sometime 2 year sometimes 5 year. i replay one of these 2 FF games. these 2 have the best stories/settings in my opinion.

tes serie:
yea, i dont think i have to show the serie. i think you all know it. i play it every now and then. doesn't matter if it's 3, 4 or 5 but i like 3 and 4 the most because they have more options. especially 3. what a masterpiece is that. ^^

thebluerabbit
thebluerabbit
5,346 posts
Farmer

Gex 3 Deep Cover Gecko
This was probably my favorite game when I was a kid, The levels were awesome and the story was great and challenging. I just wish I still had a copy of it for Play Station so I could still enjoy it.

someone actually remembers this series... im touched.

i thought this thread was about addictive games and i was about to mention pokemon trading card. i JUST started playing it for the first time... its not THAT amazing but somehow... its highly addictive.

when it comes to replays... i dont replay many games but id say pokemon mystery dungeon and kingdom hearts (the first) are my most replayed games.
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

I'm going to be the first of many and say Red Dead Redemption. No, I'm not suggesting RDR because it's critically acclaimed or anything, but because it's replayable as hell. I mean, between the meaty storyline, the awesome stunts one can perform, the sidemissions, the lore and everything else, this game is one of a kind! I prefer it over any other game in terms of quality, and if you do too, then you're cool.

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

I think that we can all agree that the only game that can go on this list, (answer below text wall)

WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL WALL

STARCRAFT 2

~~~Darth Caedus

Mr_Sand
Mr_Sand
672 posts
Peasant

I remembered a few more.

Warcraft 3 was great before it started being mainstream, If I ever want to play a game like WOW I play Warcraft 3 or StarCraft sometimes Warlords BattleCry 3 but its kind of buggy on win 7 and has no support.

Portal 1 was a great game, It was a new idea it had awesome ideas and the puzzles were very fun. It had replay-ability and was plain great. Portal 2 was ok but after beating it once the first week it came out and beating the Co-op I really had no reason to play it anymore. It was too similar to the first game. Portal 2 had a storyline that you just didn't really want to hear again. The whole slime scene was weird for me and the way the game back tracked. The story was awesome and great but it was like a movie that you liked but didnt want to watch over again.

Any Valve first person shooter. I basically grew up on Valve games my uncle my grandparents my cousins we all played Half-life. Now I don't really play it anymore because it is so old but now and then I don't mind playing a little action game I already have whether it be Team Fortress 2 or CS:GO or a little bit of Half-life

Oblivion
I played Oblivion a lot when when the game of the year edition came out. I liked the storyline and I liked that there wasn't many glitches to put up with.
Oblivion was just simpler than Skyrim and I liked that Oblivion wasn't so complex.
Dragons and changing the way you leveled up and changing the skills just made the game way too complex for me. Skyrim just required more skill and you had to think about it longer and actually have a strategy for fighting your enemies. Oblivion was more of a hack and Slash game and you could just go around beating your enemies to a pulp no matter what character you chose. It was very fast paced and easy to get your speed high.

samiel
samiel
421 posts
Shepherd

Oblivion. me my father and my brother have probably logged in over a thousand hours in Cyradil Hell I even invested the time to learn about Deadric did you know they speak english but they use a different alphabet.The Oblivion symbol is Actualy the deadric letter O there are also 3 or 4 letters missing from the Deadric alphabet.

Fallout 3. Did you know that DC has 2 seperate brotherhood of steel groups
the regular and the outcasts but the outcast follow the original creed of the brotherhood.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

Recently it has been Injustice. It's a fantastic fighting game by Nether Realm. Better than MK in my opinion.

stinkyjim
stinkyjim
470 posts
Shepherd

Infamous 1. I keep coming back to it, and I never seem to get bored of it. It's one of those few games that allow you to progress through the game at your own pace.

nomoreheroes23
nomoreheroes23
75 posts
Nomad

GTA San Andreas Multiplayer. I've been playing it since 2010 and I don't tend to stop any time yet.

Final Fantasy XII. My favorite game.

Lulzshock
Lulzshock
19 posts
Blacksmith

I have 3,500 Hours on Team Fortress 2. Does that count?

jared_07
jared_07
25 posts
Nomad

nba2k12 2k13

wflag10
wflag10
1,269 posts
Nomad

Skyrim and Fallout 3, both of these games have a good storyline and several side missions. You could probably log over 100 hours on each of these games and still not finish them!

partydevil
partydevil
5,133 posts
Jester

pristontale:
one of the 1st mmorpg's and one of the very few i have played. (due to time consumption)
it's a mmorpg from befor the WoW standards.
however the servers are all down and the game can't be played anymore. =(
but i'm used to return to this game like 5 times befor it eventually was taken offline. good, good memory's. especially the community invented "wall climbing contests" just check the gameplay video inside links.=)

we found a active server. so, we are back in action. ^^ again....
Showing 1-15 of 18