Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

A new look at religion (refreshing or depressing you decide)

Posted May 18, '13 at 10:12am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

thats about 1450 year ago.
we have historical records going back further then that. ;)

That is a blind spot for you mate.
For us muslims, Jesus was muslim, Moses was Muslim, David was muslim,
Adam was Muslim, Abraham, Isaac, Noah, Joseph all of them were muslims of their times, and Islam was completed with the advent of Muhammad (SAW)
He is the last of 124000 prophets.
Any one claiming other wise is not muslim like Qadiyyanis who have a strong hold in europe.

Posted May 18, '13 at 11:14am

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

Adam was Muslim, Abraham, Isaac, Noah, Joseph all of them were muslims of their times, and Islam was completed with the advent of Muhammad (SAW)
Any one claiming other wise is not muslim like Qadiyyanis who have a strong hold in europe.

The problem with this statement is rather simple: it's a flawed attempt to make Islam appear stronger than what it really is. If Jesus was a Muslim, then how do you explain the apostles? If Moses was Muslim, then why didn't his successors teach the Islamic doctrine. You claim your morality is objective, but there are clear examples of clashing morality. How do you get around this flaw?

-Blade

Posted May 18, '13 at 11:52am

mbbs112

mbbs112

174 posts

Over the centuries Allah or God sent different holy books to each prophet of his and the last one,the Quran is the perfected one

Posted May 18, '13 at 12:19pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

4,976 posts

Allah or God sent different holy books to each prophet

When you say 'sent', do you mean you believe He dropped them out of the sky?

Posted May 18, '13 at 1:03pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,672 posts

Knight

Revisionist history at it's best. So let's see, the story has Jesus born in a Jewish culture, but he's Muslim? Unless you're using muslim as a literal word meaning "one who submits to God" but given the term usually is reference to an adherent to Islam (A form of Abrahamic religion that didn't even exist until the 7th century and couldn't have since it revolves around the inclusion of the Quran) No they wouldn't have been.

the Quran is the perfected one

So your God sent imperfect holy books to the other prophets?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/263348_10151620418459110_1070371200_n.jpg

Posted May 18, '13 at 1:20pm

HahiHa

HahiHa

4,995 posts

Knight

Please feal free to critisize I just wanted to know what people would think about this.

I do agree with the quote, mainly because religions, and thus gods, have always been in the past man's last resort to explain the unexplainable. But contrary to you, I do not think it is describing the "all powerful hand of fate", because there is not necessarily a will behind our universe; at least I do not believe so. It just is, and works in its ways. Or in the short version, "Stuff Happens". We just like to think there is a will behind it, but that's just our anthropocentric view.

Atheist

http://www.troll.me/images/facepalm-picard/theists.jpg

Posted May 18, '13 at 3:49pm

samiel

samiel

347 posts

Just to bring up a point about Religion even though it has nothing to do with my original point.Abraham had to children one founded Jewdism the other Islam.Christianity sprung from jewdism. According to this little lesson we are all children of abraham. If you beleive something else some other religion can identify with you I am pretty sure for example. Buddism, Wicka, and beleif in the great one encourage patience, respect, kindness, and respect of nature

Posted May 19, '13 at 5:25am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Revisionist history at it's best. So let's see, the story has Jesus born in a Jewish culture, but he's Muslim? Unless you're using muslim as a literal word meaning "one who submits to God" but given the term usually is reference to an adherent to Islam (A form of Abrahamic religion that didn't even exist until the 7th century and couldn't have since it revolves around the inclusion of the Quran) No they wouldn't have been.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
Quote from wikipedia
"Isa ( Arabic: عيسى, Transliteration: ʿĪsā ), known as Jesus in the New Testament, is considered to be a Messenger of God and the Masih (Messiah) in Islam[1] who was sent to guide the Children of Israel (banī isrā'īl) with a new scripture, the Injīl or Gospel.[2] The belief in Jesus (and all other messengers of God) is required in Islam, and a requirement of being a Muslim. The Quran mentions Jesus by name twenty-five times, while it only mentions Muhammad by name four times as Muhammad and once as Ahmad; making it a total of five times.[3][4] It states that Jesus was born to Mary (Arabic: Maryam) as the result of virginal conception, a miraculous event which occurred by the decree of God (Arabic: Allah). To aid in his ministry to the Jewish people, Jesus was given the ability to perform miracles (such as healing the blind, bringing dead people back to life, etc.), all by the permission of God rather than of his own power. According to the Quran, Jesus, although appearing to have been crucified, was not killed by crucifixion or by any other means, instead, "God raised him unto Himself". Like all prophets in Islam, Jesus is considered a Muslim (i.e., one who submits to the will of God), as he preached that his followers should adopt the "straight path" as commanded by God."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophets_of_Islam
"Muslims identify the prophets of Islam (Arabic: النبوة في الإسلا...‎) as those humans who were assigned a special mission by God to guide humans. Muslims believe that every prophet was given a belief to worship God and their respective followers believed it as well.[1] Each prophet, in Muslim belief, preached the same main belief, The Oneness of the Divine Creator, worshiping of that One God, avoidance of idolatry and sin, and the belief in the Day of Resurrection. Each came to preach Islam at different times in history and some told of the coming of the final prophet and messenger of God, who would be named "Ahmad" commonly known as Muhammad. Each prophet directed a message to a different group of people, and thus would preach Islam in accordance with the times."
You really want to teach me  my religion?

Posted May 19, '13 at 5:27am

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

The problem with this statement is rather simple: it's a flawed attempt to make Islam appear stronger than what it really is. If Jesus was a Muslim, then how do you explain the apostles? If Moses was Muslim, then why didn't his successors teach the Islamic doctrine. You claim your morality is objective, but there are clear examples of clashing morality. How do you get around this flaw?

Their followers got corrupted by the passage of time.
In time, only names of those religions remained, everything else changed.

Posted May 19, '13 at 9:58am

partydevil

partydevil

5,094 posts

Over the centuries Allah or God sent different holy books to each prophet of his and the last one,the Quran is the perfected one

not the one from Joseph Smith? (mormonism)
it's still the same god but a new book ;)

Reply to A new look at religion (refreshing or depressing you decide)

You must be logged in to post a reply!