Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

A new look at religion (refreshing or depressing you decide)

Posted May 19, '13 at 3:42pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,676 posts

Knight

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_Islam
Quote from wikipedia

Yeah I had looked at it, all it's saying is Muslims believe X. It doesn't validate that belief.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/MageGrayWolf/atheistjokes/religion_pngaebd9899-e348-409b-ad53-a83b71cb00f7.jpg

Posted May 19, '13 at 10:09pm

samiel

samiel

355 posts

OK magegraywolf I love that thing you posted but it has nothing at all to do with this and people keep saying I'm atheist but i'm not when I say god is fictional i'm saying religion is like a movie that's "based on a true story" and that the real story is to deep and complicated to put into the short 2 hour movie just like the thing we invision to be a god is the same way to the human mind.

Posted May 20, '13 at 9:27am

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,676 posts

Knight

OK magegraywolf I love that thing you posted but it has nothing at all to do with this

it was only generally related to the relationship between the Abrahamic religions and how the Muslims are claiming dominion over all in this thread.

people keep saying I'm atheist but i'm not when I say god is fictional i'm saying religion is like a movie that's "based on a true story" and that the real story is to deep and complicated to put into the short 2 hour movie just like the thing we invision to be a god is the same way to the human mind.

Atheism only deal with a single aspect, the lack of belief in a god. In other words if your answer to "Does any god exist?" is anything other than yes, you're an atheist.

What it seems you are saying here is that god does exist, but every concept we have of god is wrong. But what reason do we have to believe it's "based on a true story" if we don't have the truth to work from to begin with?

Posted May 20, '13 at 7:28pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

eah I had looked at it, all it's saying is Muslims believe X. It doesn't validate that belief.

Are you saying that I am lying?

Posted May 20, '13 at 7:45pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Islam had been created when the first human beings came

Uh, no. Islam was created when the Islamic prophet Mohammad said he'd spoken to God. It is also believed that this happened (according to Islams anyway) after the formation of the Jewish and Christian religions. Mohammad was believed to live a few decades after Jesus' death, I think.

Posted May 20, '13 at 8:29pm

thepunisher93

thepunisher93

1,859 posts

Uh, no. Islam was created when the Islamic prophet Mohammad said he'd spoken to God. It is also believed that this happened (according to Islams anyway) after the formation of the Jewish and Christian religions. Mohammad was believed to live a few decades after Jesus' death, I think

We muslims believe that every prophet, since Adam has preached Islam(or their version of it, with same core principles but diiferent secondary laws)  and Muhammad(SAW) was last of the 124000 prophets.

Posted May 20, '13 at 9:01pm

MageGrayWolf

MageGrayWolf

9,676 posts

Knight

I'm quite sure this is what you believe is true. I just don't see it as a valid belief.

Posted May 20, '13 at 11:43pm

Bladerunner679

Bladerunner679

1,343 posts

I'm sure you think you are telling the truth. Like my brother used to say "everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if it is wrong."

You also claim that god sent the knowledge to make the bible, but the Quran is the perfected holy book. If that is the case, why didn't god just send the knowledge to make the Quran much earlier and avoid all of the hassle of having believers not practice their worship correctly?

The only thing that would make this logical is the assertion in the back of my head saying the Quran, like the bible and every holy book in existence, is a man made entity.

-Blade

Posted May 21, '13 at 12:33am

NEC001

NEC001

14 posts

Atheism only deal with a single aspect, the lack of belief in a god. In other words if your answer to "Does any god exist?" is anything other than yes, you're an atheist.

So what do you think about Buddhism? it is a way of life, even though you can say that Siddhartha Gautama (aka the Buddha) is the "god", it is a way of life. But it is considered a religion. So are you an atheist if you believe in Buddhism since it is a way of life?
Feel free to point out anything wrong, sort of new to the forums.

Posted May 21, '13 at 12:47am

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,496 posts

So what do you think about Buddhism? it is a way of life, even though you can say that Siddhartha Gautama (aka the Buddha) is the "god", it is a way of life. But it is considered a religion. So are you an atheist if you believe in Buddhism since it is a way of life?

Buddhism is considered a religion..but what Mage is pointing out is just the belief or disbelief in a deity and how your answers dictates your stance on if you are an atheist or not. You can follow the Buddhist path and still be an atheist.

Feel free to point out anything wrong, sort of new to the forums.

You're fine ^_^

In other words if your answer to "Does any god exist?" is anything other than yes, you're an atheist.

Does any god exist?
Maybe, maybe not. I don't know

Don't forget us agnostics!

Reply to A new look at religion (refreshing or depressing you decide)

You must be logged in to post a reply!