ForumsGamesWhich Call of Duty game is your favorite?

16 3941
yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

Over the ages, many Call of Duty games have come out. I just wanted to know who liked which one the most and for what reason, be it campaign, spec ops, or multiplayer.

• 16 Replies
yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

My favorite is Modern Warfare 2 because the campaign just males so much more sense. it is an epic war against Russia to defend America. you have to retake the White House for crying out loud! Is that not awesome? I also like its multiplayer maps more. I'm talking about terminal and rust here. rust is mall and intense while terminal is just plain awesome.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Modern Warfare, the original. It has by far the best paced, least annoyingly patriotic and most intelligent campaign of them all. It has a great starting scene and one of my favorite moments in any game, the nuke scene.
And it's the only one that pits you against even vaguely original enemies, if you care about that.

Besides, I can't really praise the others with a straight face, when they're functionally nothing but copies of the first one, only with bigger and "awesomer" set pieces, and increasingly nonsensical plots. Give me meaningful gameplay. If I want to see the White House getting blown up, I'll go watch Independence Day.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,987 posts
Grand Duke

My favorite is Modern Warfare 2 because the campaign just males so much more sense. it is an epic war against Russia to defend America. you have to retake the White House for crying out loud! Is that not awesome? I also like its multiplayer maps more. I'm talking about terminal and rust here. rust is mall and intense while terminal is just plain awesome.

It doesn't make sense. Two superpowers to war with each other over one attack on an airport? 9/11 might be reality, but both Russia and the US have enough nukes to destroy the war over. Setting free a feared terrorists worst enemy without even knowing his identity, just so he might help you? And Price launching a nuclear missile back on his own country? In the end, it's all because one general, can somehow on his own, manipulate an entire war? Daft, just plain daft.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
9,808 posts
Jester

So far..the new one seems to be shaping out to be my favorite.

Call of Duty: Majora's Mask

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

CoD go's here?

Jacen96
Jacen96
3,087 posts
Bard

Call of Duty: Majora's Mask

I prefer Halo: Ocarina of Time or The Elder Scrolls: Twilight Princess.

I have played 1 call of duty game, the campaign was unimpressive, basically, to quote the Battlecruiser from Starcraft 2,
"Lets go this way really really fast, if something gets in the way, shoot it."

The multiplayer was alright, but every other game has the exact mp, so, yeah.

~~~Darth Caedus
Gamer_Cale
Gamer_Cale
1,372 posts
Nomad

WAW the atmosphere was so much better because it was much more realistic and gritty compared to the other games just look at the scene where your friend gets a cigar put in his eye.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

Words alone cannot express my immense contempt for grittiness and realism.

Kris_Boone
Kris_Boone
1 posts
Nomad

black ops 2

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

CoD thread is there for this very reason.

I liked CoD4. The story was the best of the MWs, and the multiplayer was great. Everything was pretty well balanced if I remember right. Its been awhile. Anyways, the multiplayer was a huge deal and was fantastic and innovative when it came out.

partydevil
partydevil
5,132 posts
Jester

let's try again. maybe this time i gets locked or it dies by itself.

CoD go's here!

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

If it goes into the other thread this subject and breaks the discussion there. This is less boring. It's not like there's a million CoD topics that need to be grouped, anyway.

ihsahn
ihsahn
428 posts
Nomad

This subject dies*, I mean. What kind of forum doesn't have a stupid edit function.

pickpocket
pickpocket
5,956 posts
Shepherd

It's not like there's a million CoD topics that need to be grouped

There used to be, till we got the CoD forum. It cleaned up everything, which is why. The only way we dont get annoying cod threads is by respecting it and letting these get locked. Use partydevil`s link.
yourawesomeness
yourawesomeness
103 posts
Peasant

I don't like the Black Ops series because it had one of the worst campaigns I have ever seen in my life in any game. I also like WAW. I have it and play it regularly. it has a better sense of realism than some of the other games because it was modeled after WWII, an actual event and it has old weapons such as the carbine and the arisaka

Showing 1-15 of 16