ForumsNews and FeedbackMove the About Section

7 3657
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I was looking at some user profiles and I realised that some of them have very lengthy about sections. This makes it difficult to scroll to their achieved quests and comments section.

Why not move the about to where the comments are and the comments to where the about is? Or just move the about below the favorite games sections?

• 7 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,170 posts
Farmer

The About is positioned in the area it currently is because it's supposed to grab your attention. It's a focal point. But yeah, some Abouts are lengthy as hell. I think providing a messenger link above the About would be much better.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,622 posts
Herald

They had it neat in the AG3 beta.

Besides the about being squished up in a corner I prefer that design.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

I suppose the ideal fix would be to leave it in the corner and then do a view more.... link when the abouts get too long.

Sypho
Sypho
11 posts
Peasant

yes there should be "show more" and "show less"

UnleashedUponMankind
UnleashedUponMankind
7,043 posts
Grand Duke

"show more/less"... that wont be ideal... cuz some users (like me^^) have long usernames and when we have an active about the username and "about" are overlapping... and that looks ugly.

Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

"show more/less"... that wont be ideal... cuz some users (like me^^) have long usernames and when we have an active about the username and "about" are overlapping... and that looks ugly.

What? That wouldn't even matter. Here, and example:

Before show more is clicked.
----------------------------------------------|---------------About Section-----------------
Long-User-Name-848454484858448|48458 "Hey look about me. This is
----------------------------------------------| where I put allShow More...

After show more is clicked.
----------------------------------------------|---------------About Section-----------------
----------------------------------------------| where I put all the information about ----------------------------------------------| me. I put hobbies and interests in here ----------------------------------------------| and all sorts of little bits of information ----------------------------------------------| on me. I hope you enjoy reading this ----------------------------------------------| section of the about me.
----------------------------------------------|Show Less...

Hopefully that formatted correctly,

but notice how a show more or show less button wouldn't change how your user name is displayed at all. It doesn't hide your username, it doesn't move it's location.

A fix for your long username would be to have horizontal scroll bars on it or something. Changing the about section should have nothing to do with fixing the way your long user name displays.
Reton8
Reton8
3,173 posts
King

Okay it didn't format correctly, but here I fixed it, hopefully I got my point across.

Before show more is clicked.
----------------------------------------------| where I put all Show More...

After show more is clicked.
----------------------------------------------| where I put all the information about me. I put hobbies and interests in here me. I put hobbies and interests in here and all sorts of little bits of information on me. I hope you enjoy reading this section of the about me. Show Less...

Showing 1-7 of 7