ForumsWEPRSuper-Tornado

41 4725
blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

Yes, as we speak, there is a Super Tornado ravaging the country. It's flattened a small town, and caused widespread damage in Oklahoma City. That is all, for now.

-Spirit

• 41 Replies
Salvidian
Salvidian
4,277 posts

Our power was out for six hours last night because lightning hit a transformer some 750 miles away from us. It was one hell a storm if it did that.

blk2860
blk2860
10,793 posts

It's still going on, so it IS one hell of a storm. HIDE YOUR WOMEN, THE SUPER TORNADO IS COMING!

-Spirit

partydevil
partydevil
5,299 posts

i was wondering (not just this topic but also when i saw it on the news) is this really news?
the area is known for tornado's during the tornado season. it's been like that forever. so what is the big news fuss about? we all know this happens there.
people went living there by themself. it's **** for them they lost everything and maybe some lifes are lost. but they knew it could happen when they started to live there. it's a risk they were willing to take. so why the cry now? =S
but most of all... why is this on the news? it isn't news.

SonOfVader
SonOfVader
112 posts

I think 91 people are feared dead, including 20 children.

SectoidMedic
SectoidMedic
192 posts

psh, one tornado in Bangladesh killed 1000 something people, but this is still rather sad.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,456 posts

is this really news?

There weren't any mass shootings or interesting murders this week, so weather moves up the list.
pangtongshu
pangtongshu
10,143 posts

Where are people getting 91? This isn't the first I've seen the number.

EmperorPalpatine
EmperorPalpatine
9,456 posts

Where are people getting 91?

Early reports gave much higher figures:

During the overnight hours of May 20â"21, mixed reports had indicated that 91 fatalities took place;[14] however, on the morning of May 21, the medical examiner's office stated that only 24 bodies had been received and the previously reported toll was the result of double reports.[13]
wiki
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,366 posts

We can take this thread unto another level and discuss the imbalance of American news items in global news pipelines, or we can just be like the rest of the internet and offer prayers that do nothing.

KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
487 posts

i was wondering (not just this topic but also when i saw it on the news) is this really news?
the area is known for tornado's during the tornado season. it's been like that forever. so what is the big news fuss about? we all know this happens there.
people went living there by themself. it's **** for them they lost everything and maybe some lifes are lost. but they knew it could happen when they started to live there. it's a risk they were willing to take. so why the cry now? =S
but most of all... why is this on the news? it isn't news.

What if your one of your loved ones died, would you wanna be ignored?
We can take this thread unto another level and discuss the imbalance of American news items in global news pipelines, or we can just be like the rest of the internet and offer prayers that do nothing
You can't prove that prayers do nothing. I really wanna meet you in real life.
I'd like to see how smart you are in person. Any chance you can come to Dedham, MA?

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,366 posts

You can't prove that prayers do nothing. I really wanna meet you in real life.
I'd like to see how smart you are in person. Any chance you can come to Dedham, MA?

Nope, but if you make it to law school like moi, we can have discussions.

Prayers didn't work for me when I prayed for my friend's life. Nor did it help for my dead relatives. Nor did it work for millions of war-affected people. Prayer is egoistic in that it somehow expects God to extend a hand to you, ineffectual in that if God wants something to happen in His Divine Plan it already would happen, and lastly, a mockery of Man's own abilities, such that he has to beg an upper authority to help him out.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
487 posts

Nope, but if you make it to law school like moi, we can have discussions
i thought you said you were in the army.
Prayers didn't work for me when I prayed for my friend's life. Nor did it help for my dead relatives. Nor did it work for millions of war-affected people. Prayer is egoistic in that it somehow expects God to extend a hand to you, ineffectual in that if God wants something to happen in His Divine Plan it already would happen,
Also, do you think if you pray for people, they live forever? It's not like science save your friends and family.
and lastly, a mockery of Man's own abilities, such that he has to beg an upper authority to help him out.
God has helped me in some helpless cases. You can't just jump off a cliff and expect God to save you. If you try hard, God will give you a little help.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,366 posts

Also, do you think if you pray for people, they live forever? It's not like science save your friends and family.

No, then what's the use of prayer? Is God benevolent if He strikes down a 14 year old with a cancer that takes his life in a week? Is God benevolent if the world he made and planned is torn by war, disease and famine?

And science did save the lives of many thank you very much. Roll your sleeve up. Somewhere there potentially is a needlemark. That vaccination probably saved you from a disease.

God has helped me in some helpless cases. You can't just jump off a cliff and expect God to save you. If you try hard, God will give you a little help.

Then that is me helping myself, not someone or something up there helping me.
KnightDeclan
KnightDeclan
487 posts

No, then what's the use of prayer? Is God benevolent if He strikes down a 14 year old with a cancer that takes his life in a week? Is God benevolent if the world he made and planned is torn by war, disease and famine?

God doesn't do everything on earth. If you commit suicide, do you think God made you do that?

And science did save the lives of many thank you very much. Roll your sleeve up. Somewhere there potentially is a needlemark. That vaccination probably saved you from a disease.

lol, i never took any vaccination. I never had any disease, allergy, or anything fatal. God strengthens me.

Then that is me helping myself, not someone or something up there helping me.
I'm trying to get through to you that God gave us free will to do what we want.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,366 posts

God doesn't do everything on earth. If you commit suicide, do you think God made you do that?

I'm trying to get through to you that God gave us free will to do what we want.

Yes, since many Christian denominations believe in the Divine Plan, why not?

lol, i never took any vaccination. I never had any disease, allergy, or anything fatal. God strengthens me.

In that case, donate your body to science after your death so doctors can assess why to help the rest of us weaker beings.

But for the rest of us normal, unfortunate beings, vaccinations has helped thoroughly. Polio, a hideous disease somehow spawned on Earth (What happened there God?), was wiped out by vaccinations.
Showing 1-15 of 41