Forums

ForumsWorld Events, Politics, Religion, Etc.

Super-Tornado

Posted May 20, '13 at 7:13pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,405 posts

Yes, as we speak, there is a Super Tornado ravaging the country. It's flattened a small town, and caused widespread damage in Oklahoma City. That is all, for now.

-Spirit

Posted May 20, '13 at 7:19pm

Salvidian

Salvidian

3,950 posts

Our power was out for six hours last night because lightning hit a transformer some 750 miles away from us. It was one hell a storm if it did that.

Posted May 20, '13 at 7:23pm

blk2860

blk2860

4,405 posts

It's still going on, so it IS one hell of a storm. HIDE YOUR WOMEN, THE SUPER TORNADO IS COMING!

-Spirit

Posted May 21, '13 at 6:59am

partydevil

partydevil

5,109 posts

i was wondering (not just this topic but also when i saw it on the news) is this really news?
the area is known for tornado's during the tornado season. it's been like that forever. so what is the big news fuss about? we all know this happens there.
people went living there by themself. it's **** for them they lost everything and maybe some lifes are lost. but they knew it could happen when they started to live there. it's a risk they were willing to take. so why the cry now? =S
but most of all... why is this on the news? it isn't news.

Posted May 21, '13 at 8:39am

SonOfVader

SonOfVader

113 posts

I think 91 people are feared dead, including 20 children.

Posted May 21, '13 at 6:44pm

SectoidMedic

SectoidMedic

192 posts

psh, one tornado in Bangladesh killed 1000 something people, but this is still rather sad.

Posted May 21, '13 at 6:44pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

is this really news?

There weren't any mass shootings or interesting murders this week, so weather moves up the list.

Posted May 21, '13 at 10:52pm

pangtongshu

pangtongshu

8,704 posts

Where are people getting 91? This isn't the first I've seen the number.

Posted May 21, '13 at 11:00pm

EmperorPalpatine

EmperorPalpatine

5,011 posts

Where are people getting 91?

Early reports gave much higher figures:

During the overnight hours of May 20"21, mixed reports had indicated that 91 fatalities took place;[14] however, on the morning of May 21, the medical examiner's office stated that only 24 bodies had been received and the previously reported toll was the result of double reports.[13]
wiki

Posted May 23, '13 at 11:09am

nichodemus

nichodemus

12,166 posts

Knight

We can take this thread unto another level and discuss the imbalance of American news items in global news pipelines, or we can just be like the rest of the internet and offer prayers that do nothing.

Reply to Super-Tornado

You must be logged in to post a reply!